SNAP (General Election)

Lloyd90

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many of the 4 million ukip votes will go to the tories.

UKIP needs to think very carefully where they field candidates in this election.

Fighting tories and possibly giving labour the seat would be counter productive, as they now have the same goal in mind.

And this "snap" election has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the CPS are about to announce how many of the 20 plus tory mp's that are currently being investigated by 12 different police forces for criminal charges of election fraud will be prosecuted, the outcome of which could destroy their chances at the next general election. However this new election will bury most of the bad news under a sea of the usual political propaganda and BS and ensure the outcome is old enough come the next scheduled election ir will be irrelevant

i voted ukip last time, it was my first non-tory vote ever, i just couldn't stomach voting Cameron again after the coalition, trouble is, i have this image in my mind of what i think a conservative party should be, the image and the reality are poles apart..................maybe they always have been.

What's the image?

I'm leaning more to the cons as I get older lol

Well no one is happy about the cut backs put in place they affect most people somehow but the way things were before the coalition with labour something had to change.

Haven't read todays paper yet bought one special to see what's been said, looking like an interesting couple of months.

Will the May local elections still go ahead?

And this "snap" election has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that the CPS are about to announce how many of the 20 plus tory mp's that are currently being investigated by 12 different police forces for criminal charges of election fraud will be prosecuted, the outcome of which could destroy their chances at the next general election. However this new election will bury most of the bad news under a sea of the usual political propaganda and BS and ensure the outcome is old enough come the next scheduled election ir will be irrelevant

You can legitimately add the Devon and Cornwall Constabulary Crime Commissioner to that list.

It's all you hear people saying that the Tories have made cut backs but they had to it couldn't carry on the way it was.

The child services was one that affects me no doubt there are others.

It seems to be the only thing our local labour candidate can bring up poor chap

the council built a swimming pool with a retractable roof where i live, it was totally unnecessary and cost £5million, it was built during the height of austerity, i can show you many more of these cutbacks if you like.......... are these the cuts you were referring to?

That's definitely silly not like were in Spain, quite how a waste of money on the roof gets done is beyond me

People want more and more all the time, just because they want it, doesn't mean it can be provided or is even needed, governments have never learnt that, people become state dependant and as soon as a problem or issue arises, they look to a government, i am of a small government mentality, i believe if we halved everything or even less, and kept just the bare essentials, we would get on just fine in the long run........you cut your coat to suit your cloth, not a fashionable or often used saying nowadays.

Sometimes a cutback is actually a correction.

Edited by wandringstar

People want more and more all the time, just because they want it, doesn't mean it can be provided or is even needed, governments have never learnt that, people become state dependant and as soon as a problem or issue arises, they look to a government, i am of a small government mentality, i believe if we halved everything or even less, and kept just the bare essentials, we would get on just fine in the long run........you cut your coat to suit your cloth, not a fashionable or often used saying nowadays.

Sometimes a cutback is actually a correction.

This.

I would add that every time I see people on the telly ''demanding' a better NHS, demanding benefits and demanding less cuts in government spending I normally end up shouting at the telly 'who is going to ******* well pay for all that?'

This.

I would add that every time I see people on the telly ''demanding' a better NHS, demanding benefits and demanding less cuts in government spending I normally end up shouting at the telly 'who is going to ******* well pay for all that?'

If you listen to the Labour leadership today - "The Rich" - but they never define what rich is do they??? ??? I suggest it will be everyone who is not employed by the state or belonging to a large left wing trade union.

Edited by Yellow Bear