Oh dear! Poor old Chris Packham arrested.

A dangerous man.

Educated, extreme views and conniving. And very, very visible thanks to the BBC.

I hope this doesn't make him a martyr to his cause now too. It has certainly transmitted his purpose for being in Malta far beyond its original audience.

helo, while i agree with all comments about him you have think that this barbaric trapping of native and migrating songbirds to then be kept in cages or sold in markets is not only done in malta but at least 6 other countries, also what is allowed to be shot by hunters makes a mockery of conservation on some of the most beautiful birds on our planet, and i find that :no:

helo, while i agree with all comments about him you have think that this barbaric trapping of native and migrating songbirds to then be kept in cages or sold in markets is not only done in malta but at least 6 other countries, also what is allowed to be shot by hunters makes a mockery of conservation on some of the most beautiful birds on our planet, and i find that :no:

+1

OH dear what a shame NOT lock him up you break the law you pay the price no ifs or buts simple

Turns out he hasn't broken the law. Just standing up for wildlife and conservation.

You might disagree with him on plenty of things, but he's gone out there to raise awareness of an illegal slaughter that directly affects UK wildlife. Surely that's something you can support? If not,what kind of a message is the shooting community sending out?

If he was out there trying to stop the illegal slaughter of wild birds then, no matter what I may think of him, I see no reason to celebrate his misfortune. Surely we all have a duty to prevent such killing and I, for one, hope that his efforts are worthwhile. TIN HAT ON.

AS much as it pains me,i totally agree with you.

If he was out there trying to stop the illegal slaughter of wild birds then, no matter what I may think of him, I see no reason to celebrate his misfortune. Surely we all have a duty to prevent such killing and I, for one, hope that his efforts are worthwhile. TIN HAT ON.

You're quite right. I look forward to his frontline attempts to meet the ivory poachers head on.

• 2 weeks later...