best springer

ips

Not kept up to date with air rifle world for a few years and was wondering what are considered to be the best break barrell, underlever or even gas ram rifles at the moment. I am talking top end aspirational stuff. (full 12ftlb of course)

Had a theoben gas ram thing about ten years ago quite liked that cant remember why I got shut of it.

Off you go.

Edited by ips

Not kept up to date with air rifle world for a few years and was wondering what are considered to be the best break barrell, underlever or even gas ram rifles at the moment. I am talking top end aspirational stuff. (full 12ftlb of course)

Had a theoben gas ram thing about ten years ago quite liked that cant remember why I got shut of it.

Off you go.

Pro-sport .. TX200 .... HW97 .... hw80. ... All brilliant rifles.

I nearly bought a tx 200 years ago but the weight put me off was a lovey gun though.

Had a bsa super sport which was great around farm yards and easy to take ferreting.

Started out with a webley tracker that I shouldn't have sold although it was a bit of a fiddle to load, memory lane ha ha

Ips, if your thinking about buying one, just make sure you will use it, either borrow one or buy a cheap one and see how you get on. I thought about all the good times I used to have with an air rifle many years ago, so I looked into buying one, couldn't decide if I wanted a springer or a pcp, so I bought both. A AIR Arms Prosport and a BSA R10, took the Prosport out once, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. So two rifles sat in the cupboard, Just be sure before you lay out a big sum.

Ips, if your thinking about buying one, just make sure you will use it, either borrow one or buy a cheap one and see how you get on. I thought about all the good times I used to have with an air rifle many years ago, so I looked into buying one, couldn't decide if I wanted a springer or a pcp, so I bought both. A AIR Arms Prosport and a BSA R10, took the Prosport out once, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought. So two rifles sat in the cupboard, Just be sure before you lay out a big sum.

That's a good point Chris. I have a perfectly good bsa lightening and an AA400. I don't shoot them that often these days but as I have all but retired from competitive trap shooting and currently more interested in game, and working the dog I thought I may rekindle my airgun interest to pass the time out of season. I have finished my hide for rabbit shooting in my field but due to having had and still got a bloody awful head cold I haven't seen the point of a session as the coughing and spluttering would scare the quarry 😁

Just looking into it at the moment but your words are wise and duly noted 👍

I bought a second hand HW77 for this very reason and glad I did, picked up a great gun for £170 incl scopes, bipod, hard case etc knowing it would be doubtful I would get a lot of use from it but still had a gun which I can sell for the same amount or take out for a plink every so often and it would be spot on.

Yep sometimes its nice having stuff in your cabinet just to own them even though you know you wont shoot them that often. Prime examples are my...

Beretta 92 co2 pistol - very infrequent use.

Sidelock SxS - boundary day an pigeon roost couple of times a year.

There nice to have though 👍

I recently inherited a .22 Air Arms Pro Elite. I zeroed it last Sunday up at the farm and on two outings into OH's parents garden it has accounted for 3 rabbits. Well chuffed. :yes:

If I could find an o mojo for a green eyed monster ✅....

Shot one and loved it , your a lucky 🍀 fella

I read something about the tx carbine needing a silencer therefore you may as well have the std length. Any thoughts. ?

Initially I did not have a silencer and killed over 40 magpies with it. Out of interest I asked the price of a silencer and it was not out of the way, so fitted one. The magpies don't seem to have noticed, I'm on 56 now, but it is considerably quieter. Of course you still have the noise of the 'machinery' working

Walther LGV or LGU are very good,

the Tx 200 HC is hold sensitive in .177 and has muzzle flip.

Never had that problem. Mine is very stable. Down to how you hold the gun I suppose.

Edited by Walker570