Are there any pigeon watch cigar smokers?

lopylui

i havent smoked cigs for around 16 months now (and im not missing it because i have my vape) , but id give my right testicle for a king edward right now. :yes: .

I to have been vaping for about two years, I used to smoke G.V. Roll ups and loved a café crème blue, I know exactly what you mean but on the odd occasion I have given in to temptation, they have not tasted as good as my memory told me they did.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packed smoking in about 20 years ago, I smoked cigars all sizes, shapes and values, from many countries.....mostly good ones too many types to itemise, I have a humidor in my gun room containing 12 Cohiba Esplendidos....I stopped smoking halfway through the box!!.....never for one minute regretted it!.....yes I did inhale!

Yes I also found it strange but satisfying.

👍

In my lets say "hippy days" I also tried a pipe but found that way to strong and pungent and the begger kept going out . Used to get some strange looks though, was 1984 and a 21yr old scruffy biker sort big beard (before they were fashionable) long messy hair, steel toe cap boots, ripped jeans, donkey jacket, black bob hat (without the bobble) silk neck tie ....and......puffing on a pipe 😁 oh the good old days were did they go 😞

Anyone ever tried snuff. I did about thirty years ago, odd but strangely nice

Yes I did and found the same. No medical evidence that I could find that it does any real harm, but of course it does mean you're still addicted to nicotine. Snuff taking (and pipe smoking for that matter) has taken on something of a cult status now.

I took a few tins of snuff to the Cotswold do and there was at least one convert.

One benefit of snuff is that it's very cheap as it's not subject to the same duty as smoked tobacco.

Yes I did and found the same. No medical evidence that I could find that it does any real harm, but of course it does mean you're still addicted to nicotine. Snuff taking (and pipe smoking for that matter) has taken on something of a cult status now.

I took a few tins of snuff to the Cotswold do and there was at least one convert.

One benefit of snuff is that it's very cheap as it's not subject to the same duty as smoked tobacco.

I didn't know it was back I vogue, it wasn't when a few of us got into it in mid 80s but we were young and trying to be different 😁

The only people I see who really enjoy their smoking is cigar and pipe smokers. They do seem to smoke for the pleasure of rather than the quick nicotine fix that regular cigarette addicts smoke

for.

Very true.

I gave up smoking 8 years ago purely for financial reasons. I was never a fan of cigars but I did very much enjoy a pipe when I tried it. I used to buy Romeo and Juliet cigars when I went on my travels. But always found cigarettes more enjoyable.

I have always fancied taking up a pipe. I already have a lovely spot in the garden earmarked. Just to sit in silence in the early morning spring, summer or winter. The cool crisp air, alone with my thoughts for a few minutes. The sheer number of varieties available is mind boggling, could spend years just trying different tobaccos, that's before you start to blend your own. Just can't bring myself to do it though with young family.

Edited by arm3000gt

As someone else said, they're for relaxation and pure enjoyment and definately not a habitual thing like cigarettes (I couldn't afford to smoke that many anyway).

My all time favourites are Montecristo No2, Cohiba Siglo V and Cohiba Behike although the latter is purely for special occassions as they're so bloody expensive. Tend to stock up whenever we're in Gibraltar which is quite often as it's a popular cruise port. Also order from www.top25cigars.com from time to time as the prices are good and they delivery fairly quickly.

The only people I see who really enjoy their smoking is cigar and pipe smokers. They do seem to smoke for the pleasure of rather than the quick nicotine fix that regular cigarette addicts smoke for.

Yeah; I'd go along with that.

I often see those small groups or isolated figures of working shop staff huddled up in doorways; they're not enjoying it they're just getting their fix. I know because I've done it many a time.

Packed smoking in about 20 years ago, I smoked cigars all sizes, shapes and values, from many countries.....mostly good ones too many types to itemise, I have a humidor in my gun room containing 12 Cohiba Esplendidos....I stopped smoking halfway through the box!!.....never for one minute regretted it!.....yes I did inhale!

I see a box of 25 Cohiba Esplendidos are now advertised at £1,103.92 in a fancy London cigar shop!......even more pleased I packed it up now! Lol!

Agree re the cigar for pleasure. Don't get me wrong I am a habitual miniature cigar smoker during the day and I enjoy relaxing with a good one but I do not crave cigar smoking in the way I used to "need" cigarette.

Tried one of them chavie vaping malarkeys about six months ago, flamin orribble stupid things they are. Left a horrible taste and dry mouth and I felt a right burke holding it.