Are there any pigeon watch cigar smokers?

lopylui

As someone who dips his toes in the cigar scene I was wondering if anyone else can share there experience and some of there favourite smokes. Myself I enjoy H.Upmans Coronas Juniors and backwoods original Honey Berry (rolled like there from the old West)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to be nothing but Cubans but those days are long gone (and so is the money I used to have!)

Nowadays my eldest who lives in Amsterdam brings me the odd box of Sumatran Coronas over from a very nice shop there, P G C Hajenius

They're not expensive (€77 for 25) and are a very nice cigar with consistent high quality.

I've been in the shop a couple of times, they have a humongous walk in humidor room :)

https://youtu.be/M410wtC7xCY

Edited by phaedra1106

My Mrs went into the humidor at nice airport to buy me a nice one for my 50th when we used to go south of France a lot she picked one (cant remember what it was) the lady gift wrapped it and took the cc off the Mrs and tilled up something like £450 my Mrs nearly passed out she said no madam "un cigar, not a box" 😁

I used to have a Montecristo No 1 at Christmas, but between Christmases, mainly a pipe (Balkan Sobranie). I gave up many years ago now, mainly because Balkan Sobranie became unavailable. Tried some alternatives which didn't match expectations, and not smoked since - that would be about 10 years now.

I had a Romeo Y Julieta monster single cigar in Italy last month - it was about 25 euros but was amazing and lasted 2 days.

No burn, no dryness and a really smooth sweet smoke.

I won't buy them in the UK because they are pants down money.

Just out of interest; do any of you inhale when you smoke your cigars?

I did with the Romeo Y Julieta, which makes them particularly naughty.

I tried to pack in smoking at 19 by smoking cigars, found I liked them and ended up smoking more than ever. Everyday smokes were castella classics and king Edward imperials at Christmas and a humidor of various cheroots from my wife. Yes I always inhaled the cigar smoke. Loved visiting foreign tobacconists and trying different cigars.

I always preferred long cigars so the smoke was cooler, cafe creme were a bit hot. Tried various pipes too.

Packed in ten years ago and best thing I have done. Don't miss cigarettes but do miss the odd nice cigar, would never smoke one again though.

Santa damiana is my favourite 👍

Closely followed by Bolivar.

Of course the above is not my everyday cigar, I smoke cafe creme miniature during the day 😁

Café Crème are my day to day also after packing in roll-up February last year.

As for inhaling it depends of what im smoking.

I have a humidor full of Romeo y Julietta no2. Work takes me to Bucharest fairly often, there is a cheap cigar shop in the airport. I can get a box of 25 for 150 Euro. No inhaling for me.

Monte Cristo clubs are my every day vice.

Edited by Sussexboy

I no longer smoke, but on the numerous times I was trying to stop I would often go to the pub just so I could have the 'occasional' cigar! Of course they became more than occasional, and it wouldn't be too long before I was buying them on a regular basis in the belief I was still trying to stop.

I smoked numerous varieties back then, including a stint on Cafe Creme; both in the blue and yellow tins, but at £6.66 for ten it was cheaper to go back on the fags; which I did until eventually stopping altogether.

I asked if people inhaled as I always did; I didn't see the point in smoking otherwise, but the thought of inhaling those raw Cafe cremes now makes me cringe.

My dear old Dad chain smoked cigars for most of his adult life; his chosen brands being Grandee or Van Dyke. The weird thing was that if he couldn't get either he would go without!

Guns on Pegs have done a few social events in the past at cigar shops in St James, London. The good thing about these places is that you can smoke indoors. Seems strange nowadays.

If anybody gets the chance to go to one of these events I recommend them.

i havent smoked cigs for around 16 months now (and im not missing it because i have my vape) , but id give my right testicle for a king edward right now. :yes: .

I've been off the cigs since November I think, have the odd one when I've had a drink. As for cigars, cafe creme in the blue tin or my granddad used to give me some big Cubans in a plastic tube about 7 inches long. The last thing in his will to me was 2 boxes of cigars, one had about 40 in it and the other around 10. Big wooden boxs they are il try and get the names. The Cubans are smooth as anything with no burn, have one on his birthday every year

I've been off the cigs since November I think, have the odd one when I've had a drink. As for cigars, cafe creme in the blue tin or my granddad used to give me some big Cubans in a plastic tube about 7 inches long. The last thing in his will to me was 2 boxes of cigars, one had about 40 in it and the other around 10. Big wooden boxs they are il try and get the names. The Cubans are smooth as anything with no burn, have one on his birthday every year

mmmmm what i wouldnt give for a big fat cuban.