Vaping.

Red-dot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the worst things I ever did was start vaping. I only used to smoke cigs when I went out probably 5 a week, decided to pack it in and take up vaping. I am now more addicted than ever and find it hard to go a couple of hours without puffing on the damn thing. I agree should be banned!

They all contain nicotine, in addition being highly addictive it is used as an insecticide, how much more toxic can you get than that

??? twisted

Not all contain nicotine but most, do.

Ingredients as follows:-

Vegetable Glycerine (natural plant oils)

Propylene glycol better know food additive E1520.

food flavouring to give taste also suspended in either VG or PG.

Nicotine also suspended in either VG or PG and also added in very small amount, mostly 0.3mg or 0.6mg

where do you get the insecticides from in the list ????

Getting back to the OP's question, all our local pubs allow vaping indoors. but my friends I and that vape would never vape to the extent of filling the bar with the fumes and ruining other customers enjoyment or make them feel uncomfortable. most of the time we go outside and vape with those of us that still smoke. It is a question of respect for the other customers and the landlord that has given us the right to do so in a responsible manner.

Those that don't do so should be asked to do it outside.

??? twisted

Not all contain nicotine but most, do.

Ingredients as follows:-

Vegetable Glycerine (natural plant oils)

Propylene glycol better know food additive E1520.

food flavouring to give taste also suspended in either VG or PG.

Nicotine also suspended in either VG or PG and also added in very small amount, mostly 0.3mg or 0.6mg

where do you get the insecticides from in the list ????

Getting back to the OP's question, all our local pubs allow vaping indoors. but my friends I and that vape would never vape to the extent of filling the bar with the fumes and ruining other customers enjoyment or make them feel uncomfortable. most of the time we go outside and vape with those of us that still smoke. It is a question of respect for the other customers and the landlord that has given us the right to do so in a responsible manner.

Those that don't do so should be asked to do it outside.

https://livingwithinsects.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/neonicotinoids-a-brief-history-nicotine/

Nicotine has been used as an insecticide for many many years due to its toxicity, the reason landlords allow vaping is to stop them going bankrupt which I can fully understand and I also understand that vaping has helped a lot of people give up cigarettes which is a good thing but why people would want to fill their lungs and mine passively if it's not an addiction therapy with substances that nobody knows the long term effect of inhaling yet is beyond me, and nobody knows the long term effects of inhalation or can predict it yet as this is a new thing, I have friends that make and market vaping products globally and even they won't use their own products

Well the NHS is pushing for those addicted to cigs to give vaping a go. Thousands of nasty chemicals in cigs inc arsenic etc not to mention the tar. I too have friends who sell the vaping stuff and are doing very well at it. I've given it a try but it's not for me, non smoker so cant see the point in it or taking it up.

Should it be banned? I dont think so, I've seen people weened from the cigs onto vaping and then quit. Maybe a ban like using indoors in public places but I dont even see it happening that often, majority of businesses treat them like smoking.

Really, how odd.

Because it's worse than smoking. At least smoking had a certain age old maturity that participants didnt belch smoke at you carefree. Vapers seem to have this youthful careless entitlement whereby they never put the damn things down and breathe the stuff everywhere. It generally stinks and lingers. You see car windows opening in traffic and it looks like an out take from breaking bad as the smoke billows outward

Shame they don't all die quicker instead of leading us towards yet another NHS health timebomb in years to come

Cost of tobacco related illness to the NHS 1.7 billion per year, revenue raised from tax on tobacco 14 billion per year.

so if you banned smoking the NHS would have a shortfall of 12.3 billion.

Had 6 tourists in my local and all were vaping and swapping flavours and the air was full of the smoke. Now these contain many toxic substances should they be BANNED in public places?

No. I think it's hypocritical for anyone to suggest smoking is banned in a public place; whether vaping or the real thing, while it is perfectly legal to consume alcohol in a public place.

If the reasoning is due to the drain on NHS rwsources, then we most certainly need to consider a ban on alcohol, sugars and sweeteners, and for the same reasoning.

If it's simply because you don't like it, then again no.

My drinking or sugar does not affect anyone but me but passive smoking ruins others lungs and covers them in putrid odours.

Hmmmm

So drunken fights, behaviour and the rest doesn't affect others!

I have no issue's with alcohol or how anyone consumes it, I just think its a bit rich complaining about someone sucking poison whilst you drink it :)

Damn, i drive a Land Rover....i didn't realise

That's it.....your banned from the roads :mad: .........or you could try running your landy on vaping liquid? :hmm: ......Sorry, just thought, they contain many toxic substances :sick: ...your banned.

Edited by old'un

My drinking or sugar does not affect anyone but me but passive smoking ruins others lungs and covers them in putrid odours.

Drinking to excess in public has consequences for other members of the public and is a drain on NHS resources, whilst it has been claimed by several health experts that Type 2 diabetes alone will eventually bankrupt the NHS.

Vaping to excess has a detrimental effect on who?