Suicide Blonde

amateur

This morning, I was backing out of a parking space on to a traffic-free road.

I had clocked a fair-haired lass walking on the pavement, my side of the road and thought no more about it, but suddenly, as I was reversing and turning, she stepped off the pavement to cross the road, right behind me and in my blind spot.

I just spotted her in my mirror and slammed on the anchors. She carried on walking across the road.

When I had completed the turn, I pulled alongside and enquired whether or not she had a death wish

She paused from gabbing on the phone "Sorree, neva saw ya" - with her dark glasses on, perhaps she had not. Today is wall to wall overcast.

Do they put BSE serum in the peroxide nowadays?

Far too many pedestrians, both male and female seem to expect the big heavy car driving motorist to look out for them, just like the majority of cyclists seem to!

I am both a car user and a cyclists, and i have to disagree with you on your last comment. I cant speak for all cyclists and trust me ive had a word with a few. But I for one stick to the rules of the road when on my road bike, and have to say some drivers don't know depth perception. Ive been hit by wing mirrors and cars driving along side me for no reason at all blocking me from turning right.

And for mobile zombies ive nearly hit a few when cycling.. Its scary how oblivious to their surroundings they are

Edited by ShootingEgg

I am both a car user and a cyclists, and i have to disagree with you on your last comment. I cant speak for all cyclists and trust me ive had a word with a few. But I for one stick to the rules of the road when on my road bike, and have to say some drivers don't know depth perception. Ive been hit by wing mirrors and cars driving along side me for no reason at all blocking me from turning right.

Congratulations, you must be the last one left!

Several times I have had people with headphones on just walk across the road in front of me without looking, totally oblivious. I thought it was my car, it is very quiet I know that, but what about all the hybrids? They are totally silent.

So much so I am thinking I should get a dash cam. I also nearly killed a cyclist about a year ago when he just turned right as I was going past him. Now he really did get a fright, and so did I. He was hyperventilating and couldn't talk afterwards. Luckily we never made contact otherwise it would have ended up that it was my fault just because I wouldn't have been able to prove it wasn't.

The only reason I didn't hit him was the ABS braking allowed me to stand on the brakes and still swerve hard to the right. Ear phones again, he was in another world

Go to Lake Windemere all the suicidal Kamakazee Japanese tourists you can ever hope to meet and not a blonde amongst them .They link arms with their kids look left and step out in front of you regardless of your speed ,and get quite upset when you scream at the ......... in french

Its true that a lot people seem to think a car cant hurt them if its reversing.

Had a guy walk behind me in a car park once. He saw me reversing but carried on and made me stop. I asked him if he would walk in front of a car on the road...then why walk behind one reversing.. he didnt see the problem.

As I said, I cant talk for all cyclists but its just stupid and ignorant to jump reds etc.

I find now more and more xar drivers dont realise that they are driving something that can kill a pedestrian or cyclists until its too late..

+1 There are so many drivers that don't give a second thought to every day driving. You take a test for a car and its their responsibility to look out for and avoid other road users pedestrians or otherwise.

Several times I have had people with headphones on just walk across the road in front of me without looking, totally oblivious. I thought it was my car, it is very quiet I know that, but what about all the hybrids? They are totally silent.

So much so I am thinking I should get a dash cam. I also nearly killed a cyclist about a year ago when he just turned right as I was going past him. Now he really did get a fright, and so did I. He was hyperventilating and couldn't talk afterwards. Luckily we never made contact otherwise it would have ended up that it was my fault just because I wouldn't have been able to prove it wasn't.

The only reason I didn't hit him was the ABS braking allowed me to stand on the brakes and still swerve hard to the right. Ear phones again, he was in another world

There was something on telly last night I think, showing dash cam footage, accidents near misses and stuff on CCTV would have been half 8 ish really made you cringe but couldn't look away, think if I drive more around busy times I would definitely get one.

+1 There are so many drivers that don't give a second thought to every day driving. You take a test for a car and its their responsibility to look out for and avoid other road users pedestrians or otherwise.

Forgive the pun, but it's a two way street. Whilst a car driver should be observant, so should pedestrians and cyclists. It doesn't matter that you don't have to take a test to walk/cycle, you still have to take some responsibilty for your actions and not rely on the abilities/observance of car drivers.

When it comes down to it a collision between over a ton of moving metal and something fleshy is not going to end well for the fleshy component. True, it could ruin the car driver's life, but it could end the cyclist's/pedestrian's.

Forgive the pun, but it's a two way street. Whilst a car driver should be observant, so should pedestrians and cyclists. It doesn't matter that you don't have to take a test to walk/cycle, you still have to take some responsibilty for your actions and not rely on the abilities/observance of car drivers.

When it comes down to it a collision between over a ton of moving metal and something fleshy is not going to end well for the fleshy component. True, it could ruin the car driver's life, but it could end the cyclist's/pedestrian's.

I don't disagree at all.There is an interesting one where a driver turning into a side road as a pedestrian crosses the side road. It is for the driver to ensure that the side road is clear not for the pedestrian to ensure that no one is turning in.

This morning, I was backing out of a parking space on to a traffic-free road.

I had clocked a fair-haired lass walking on the pavement, my side of the road and thought no more about it, but suddenly, as I was reversing and turning, she stepped off the pavement to cross the road, right behind me and in my blind spot.

I just spotted her in my mirror and slammed on the anchors. She carried on walking across the road.

When I had completed the turn, I pulled alongside and enquired whether or not she had a death wish

She paused from gabbing on the phone "Sorree, neva saw ya" - with her dark glasses on, perhaps she had not. Today is wall to wall overcast.

Do they put BSE serum in the peroxide nowadays?

I was always taught to reverse in and drive out. Maybe she wasn't on the ball but you were going backwards in to a dangerous situation, she wasn't!

Highway code

Rule 201

Do not reverse from a side road into a main road. When using a driveway, reverse in and drive out if you can

Exactly. So why do so many people drive in to a driveway and then reverse out? Simple. They can't drive properly.

If you can't reverse in and drive out you shouldn't be driving, you're a liability.

Exactly. So why do so many people drive in to a driveway and then reverse out? Simple. They can't drive properly.

If you can't reverse in and drive out you shouldn't be driving, you're a liability.

Not sure I agree with that. The code states where possible.

Most people drive in as its convinient and quicker when getting home. When reversing you just have to triple check. People are phone zombies now....

Not sure I agree with that. The code states where possible.

Most people drive in as its convinient and quicker when getting home. When reversing you just have to triple check. People are phone zombies now....

Reversing in and driving out is safer. If you can't reverse into a space then you shouldn't be driving. So many people drive into a parking space forward because they have a problem reversing, well guess what?you have to reverse out when you can't see and as these idiots have already admitted they can't drive in reverse they shouldn't be on the road. Reverse in and drive out is safer all round, can't do it? Don't drive, catch a bus.

And for mobile zombies ive nearly hit a few when cycling.. Its scary how oblivious to their surroundings they are

This seems to imply you are turning right from a left hand lane?