glorious 12th

ips

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a couple of people who have headed up for a couple of days on the moors, they have extremely deep pockets.

A driven day at grouse is on my bucket list and fingers crossed this season.

Yep its on my list too but also I would love to load for a double gun. Yes very deep pockets are required 😞

Il be flanking on a driven day in the lammermuirs next saturday and every other saturday for the forseeable future depending on numbers but there seems to be alot about

I saw two good coveys when i was out with the dog this morning :)

Lucky you 👍

I saw some good coveys in Teesdale last week.

You may have not but I certainly have

I get the 28 but I would find it hard to believe that alot are double gunning, or single for that matter with .410s although do accept there will be some but think they will be the exception.

Edited by button

Put it in the pattern out to 35yrds and it is dead ...410,28,20,16,12,10, 8,4..................

It is up to the guy holding the gun. I have seen shooters with big booming 32 inch barrels and huge cartridges Trumpy could use on the little Korean fat guy who couldn't put it in the pattern mor than 1 in 20 times.

Head head head, dead dead dead!!!

That's me pretty much just in the door after doing the dogs, left house at 6.15 this morn 16 hr day for 60 quid.

Weather wasn't great but not terrible, althou wind didn't really suit the moor, my dogs worked well which is always a bonus

The moor broke its record by 70 brace so everyone very happy and to behonest it would not surprise me if it breaks the record again over the next few shoots, seen a lot of grouse today

Ps I doubt many serious guns are shooting 410 on grouse driven or otherwise, just a novelty for something slightly diferent for affectionadio's

Edited by scotslad