7 Coppers in 5 cars to arrest a Yorkshire Terrier!,

norfolk dumpling

It all goes to show that there is no shortage of policemen, police cars or resources. The shortage is of willingness to face up to real criminals I'm afraid. There are plenty at our local Morrison's always - not because there is any trouble , but because Morrison's apparently allow them to feed in the staff canteen (which I believe is subsidised, though whether this means 100% subsidised I don't know). I was there earlier today and 2 police cars in the car park. Probably worthwhile for Morrison's as it would act as a deterrent.

It all goes to show that there is no shortage of policemen, police cars or resources. The shortage is of willingness to face up to real criminals I'm afraid. There are plenty at our local Morrison's always - not because there is any trouble , but because Morrison's apparently allow them to feed in the staff canteen (which I believe is subsidised, though whether this means 100% subsidised I don't know). I was there earlier today and 2 police cars in the car park. Probably worthwhile for Morrison's as it would act as a deterrent.

The coppers in our club say the skill is avoiding issues rather than getting stuck in because the complaints process is so career damaging its easier to walk away than to nick a scrote who is going to say you racially abused him and made off with £1500 from his wallet that wasn't returned after his arrest.

The coppers in our club say the skill is avoiding issues rather than getting stuck in because the complaints process is so career damaging its easier to walk away than to nick a scrote who is going to say you racially abused him and made off with £1500 from his wallet that wasn't returned after his arrest.

That may well be correct. I get sick and tired of this continual whinge from the idiot lefty 'money grows on trees' brigade that there are shortages, resource shortfalls etc when they can find ample resources for any task they want to do.

I have to assume its a joke, the police would not be that stupid. Would they. :hmm:

Thirty police officers, an arsenal of guns and a lion expert... all to catch two dangerous dogs.

More than 30 police officers in riot gear surround a suburban house. Some are carrying rifles.

But this was not a deadly stand-off with an armed gang or a lone gunman.

Instead the huge police operation was aimed at two dogs. It went on for 30 hours and is estimated to have cost £30,000.

post-45225-0-24113500-1503610349_thumb.jpg

Edited by ordnance

I sometimes wonder if the police use these type of calls as a training exercise if there's a few of them at a loose end when the call comes in. Otherwise I just can't see the reason for the over reaction st all.

There have been incidents of helicopters and armed response acting like SWAT when reacting to what is obviously a bloke in a hedge decoying pigeons.

Training is the only excuse I can think of.