Working hands and touch screens.

Pistol p

I have a problem with my finger tips, they have been worn out with hard labour and chemicals and don't seem to work the tiny touch buttons on tablets or phones very well. Has anyone got any tips on how I can improve on this? (it's just taken me three attempts to type this correctly).

Edited by Pistol p

Use hand cream like O keefs working hands. Nothing else for it I'm afraid. I suffer the same depending on what I've been doing. It never fails to work great stuff to smear on after work and before bed. Your mrs will thank you for using it.

This ^^

My hands are terrible sometimes and just bleed so I have to cream lots.

Aveeno works superb

Use hand cream like O keefs working hands. Nothing else for it I'm afraid. I suffer the same depending on what I've been doing. It never fails to work great stuff to smear on after work and before bed. Your mrs will thank you for using it.

+2 okeefes, cheap and makes a big difference. I get chill Blaines every year because of my old job and they crack badly. Sorted it within a week

This and use dermatological gloves at night for a while, the results will be amplified.

2 other options. A small bottle of glycerin from your local chemist and use a small amount especially before bed (Yes your missus will be very grateful :yes: ) the other is to use Neutrogena hand cream - the stuff used by Norwegian fishermen (Unscented if you prefer) and use as needed - takes a wee bit longer to rub in but the results when you do are great.

Pushkin :good:

moisturise and use a barrier cream before working

Tried using barrier creams and moisturizers it's the degreasing hand cleaners that strip the oils out of the skin. Most of my hands are usually ok but my index fingers and thumbs are the worst along with the skin down the sides of my nails. Swimming and using hydro spas many times a week don't help either. But I found O Keefs works better than others body shops hemp hand cream worksbuts it's very greasy.

Wife goes nuts as they click clothes and her fancy bed sheets. Well that's clean version of why they don't like dry cracked hands :lol:

I worked in the concrete industry for over 30 years.Wet concrete will really make a mess of your hands very quick. We were supplied with a pair of Marigold washing up gloves every day .If they got torn we could get another pair . My hands are soft like a babies bum.Dipper.

Tried using barrier creams and moisturizers it's the degreasing hand cleaners that strip the oils out of the skin. Most of my hands are usually ok but my index fingers and thumbs are the worst along with the skin down the sides of my nails. Swimming and using hydro spas many times a week don't help either. But I found O Keefs works better than others body shops hemp hand cream worksbuts it's very greasy.

Wife goes nuts as they click clothes and her fancy bed sheets. Well that's clean version of why they don't like dry cracked hands :lol:

Jesus, how many have you got?

I use savlon and it's about the only thing that has ever helped.

I get eczema on my hands and building work, particularly in winter, can make it pretty bad.

Tried loads of stuff but I think it's the oils that make them worse for me.

Edd

Edited by eddoakley