Forge time

la bala

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats tidy, there is space on the workbench for more stuff!

My anvil is still in the living room waiting to be moved to its home by the forge which i have not built yet.............its been there for 3 years

I can make a space for that anvil if you dont need it for another 3 years. :lol:

ok that's it, stuff the bike project for the winter, i'm gonna make a knife too, love these threads, they're good inspiration, I found a roughasguts kindling chopper in an old house when I worked for the council, good steel, probably an old leaf spring, and I've still got some nice blocks of hardwood stuffed up the corners of the shed somewhere, Brazilian mahogany mopstick hand rails etc

ok that's it, stuff the bike project for the winter, i'm gonna make a knife too, love these threads, they're good inspiration, I found a roughasguts kindling chopper in an old house when I worked for the council, good steel, probably an old leaf spring, and I've still got some nice blocks of hardwood stuffed up the corners of the shed somewhere, Brazilian mahogany mopstick hand rails etc

Stand by for a lot of stick off some on here :lol::lol: . Look forward to following your project :good:

I feel really bad about this, my landy will probably break down next time out. I have decided to discard the springs i took off her for the time being. I have just ordered some brand new 1095 carbon steel. The making of the knife i have in mind will involve a process i have never done, I just hope i am not punching above my weight, but as always if it goes ###s up, I will tell. :lol:

I feel really bad about this, my landy will probably break down next time out. I have decided to discard the springs i took off her for the time being. I have just ordered some brand new 1095 carbon steel. The making of the knife i have in mind will involve a process i have never done, I just hope i am not punching above my weight, but as always if it goes ###s up, I will tell. :lol:

Big or small knife ?

ive just trimmed up a big lilac tree in the garden with the chainsaw......noticed how dense and heavy the wood is....so have saved a bit bought 4" thick to dry out and maybe stain it and use it for a handle............

anyone seen a knife with lilac wood handle...?

Me 1095 isnt here yet, so a job for the afternoon. I need a new tool, whats wrong with the one you have got some may ask, well its getting on a bit, and dont work as it should. :lol: . Move on, 1 piece of 10mm plate 50x50mm square, i wanted 12mm but hadnt got a bit anywhere. I needed a 26mm square hole in the centre, I am all out of 26mm square bits aswell, looks like its back to drilling lots of small round holes, punching out and a bit of file work.

post-52836-0-19684000-1507053938_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-24851800-1507054028_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-28936500-1507054087_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-57864900-1507054118_thumb.jpg

Well after a bit of drilling and filing i got me hole out, what do you think, oh i see ###s off back to off topic then :lol: . Now i have my square plate with my square hole, i need 2 bits of 16mm square bar with notches, I stick these to that and i now have me new tool :lol: .

Tool

post-52836-0-16698400-1507054691_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-56363000-1507054721_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-59016200-1507054743_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-70137000-1507054833_thumb.jpg