Sporting tattoo's

Smokersmith

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

When my daughter was about 12 I told her I was going to get a tattoo. She was aghast. Now that she is 23 and suggested we get matching tattoos. 
    We did. The legal land description of our farm. My grandfather homesteaded over 100 years ago. 
NW 1/4 10-16-8 W3   
       She is sentimental like me.

DFE1C536-8CD6-4F22-AB82-B915FF36C398.jpeg

5 hours ago, dogone said:

When my daughter was about 12 I told her I was going to get a tattoo. She was aghast. Now that she is 23 and suggested we get matching tattoos. 
    We did. The legal land description of our farm. My grandfather homesteaded over 100 years ago. 
NW 1/4 10-16-8 W3   
       She is sentimental like me.

DFE1C536-8CD6-4F22-AB82-B915FF36C398.jpeg

Reed lake area… a nice tribute. 

Once was ‘chatting’ to someone in a bar and she had two sets of co-ordinates on her arm. 
Apart from the fact she was rather ‘fit’, I knew the approx location of one set of co-ordinates as Berlin. So it turned out that she had run the New York and Berlin marathons. 

Got my first over 40 years ago and had intended to get more as I was in the RN but possible HIV infection from poor hygiene stopped that until ten years ago, I got two more,  and I hope to get another two soon. 

A friend had breast cancer and reconstruction and had nipples tattooed on, my wife says they are amazing. 

Finally a story. 

In Hong Kong (or might be Singapore) there was a famous tattoo artist called Pinky Lo, and lots of matelots got there tattoo there while visiting. One young Scottish lad went in wanting a thistle with "Scotland the Brave!" on his upper arm but Pinky didn't understand and said "You draw, you draw..." and so he starts and half way through drawing a thistle Pinky exclaimed "I know fisul, I know fisul!" and starts the tattoo.

Later as he finishes up and cleans up the tattoo and shows the lad to the mirror to admire his pineapple with "Scotland the Brave!" written underneath 😱🍍

My friend in our twenties fell head over heels for a girl who he courted for a short while until she finished with him. He had her name done in very large letters across his back to woo her to try again.

She never did, and his now wife's name is not what he has on his back.