Changes to shotgun licence

I am just filling a change of address fro my shotgun licence and it says that I have to send in my current licence.

Is this correct?

If it is I will not be able to buy cartridges or shoot at my new local grounds while I wait for them to reissue.

It took 27 weeks to get my current licence application issued!

I kept hold of mine. They didn't like it but like you I argued the toss. Said I would be in possssion of illegal firearms without a licence. The argument came back that if I were stopped they could check with database yada yada yada. I sent them a photocopy, had no real problems. 

I would try and keep hold of it if possible. I live in Lincolnshire and recently moved house and it  took almost 5 months for them to change the address. When I first informed them of the change of address they asked me to send my licence straight away which was a pain as I couldn't buy cartridges. If they do ask you to send it straight away make sure you are stocked up on cartridges. 

Im in scotland and the form said i had to return my ticket with the letter telling them i was moving house

I only sent a photo copy as i wanted to keep my ticket ,when the firearms officer came round to check the new place he took it with him and said they will not issue a new ticket while you are in possession of the old one

Here in Nottingham, I send them an email saying Ive changed address.

They come out ,check cabinet, quick interview ,give me new cert and take the old one away.

Ive changed address twice in the last 18 months, first time it took them 3 months, second time 2 weeks.

I did question the need for a grant style interview, but they just said its policy in Notts.

On 22/01/2018 at 19:30, ilovemyheckler said:

I am just filling a change of address fro my shotgun licence and it says that I have to send in my current licence.

Is this correct?

If it is I will not be able to buy cartridges or shoot at my new local grounds while I wait for them to reissue.

It took 27 weeks to get my current licence application issued!

Get someone else to buy them for you; not an issue.

10 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Would you buy cartridges or bullets for someone who doesn’t have a licence? 

I know it’s normally fine but what if someone loses their tickets and doesn’t tell their mates etc. 

If they lose their tickets ,they wouldnt have a gun would they :|

4 hours ago, Graham M said:

This was raised a couple of years ago when it was taking months to renew. My FEO told me that if I needed shotgun cartridges to simply get a friend to buy them for me as you don't need a SGC to be in possession of shotgun shells. Ammunition for  rifles is a different kettle of fish.

+1 same as me,