Sticking plasters

Bobba

What ever happened to the sticking plasters of yesteryear? (I am pretty ancient) The ones with such powerful adhesive that they stayed on forever. You could get them extremely wet and work with your hands all day and still they stayed on. You had almost to tear them off and when you did there was a layer of grey adhesive you had to rub / peel off or use some brasso as a remover.

Today's pathetic imitations fall off at the slightest hint of moisture or after a few hours application the edges curl and they rub off. My latest purchase of a certain high street chemist family pack falls in to this category.

Can anyone recommend please a robust manufacture of sticking plaster? Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Bobba said:

What ever happened to the sticking plasters of yesteryear? (I am pretty ancient) The ones with such powerful adhesive that they stayed on forever. You could get them extremely wet and work with your hands all day and still they stayed on. You had almost to tear them off and when you did there was a layer of grey adhesive you had to rub / peel off or use some brasso as a remover.

Today's pathetic imitations fall off at the slightest hint of moisture or after a few hours application the edges curl and they rub off. My latest purchase of a certain high street chemist family pack falls in to this category.

Can anyone recommend please a robust manufacture of sticking plaster? Thank you.

All nowadays have the latest Euro adhesive, Teflon? :yahoo:

woman next door stuck my leg with one of those plasters that doesn't breath huge great thing,said it would heal quicker,didn't think it would work but she was right,quickest bit of healing with no scab or scar .

We use the clear ones from tesco and they stay on all day whilst i am building.