1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

30 inch 1/2. 3/4  

wide file cut rib 

3 inch chambers proof for 1.1/2 oz 

pall mall London 

william evans 

no plans really just going to shoot it 

BA17CBD2-3364-4E1C-A028-53017D64953C.jpeg

Everyone should have one of those what a cracker .If you use it for wildfowling what would you put through it ? I have a 3inch Midland gun co which is lovely to shoot ,last year I used steel home loads to good effect I stuck to 1 1/8 loads the pellet count was the same as 1 1/2 lead equivalent load or there abouts.

My latest sealed bid (Holts ) £80 with commission for a bit of fun on decoyed ducks 3 inch choked Half and half  and thanks to some kind forum members the ammo is sorted home loaded steel and Bismuth. 

C511BE02-C538-46C3-B90E-5289C303806C.jpeg

27 minutes ago, holloway said:

Everyone should have one of those what a cracker .If you use it for wildfowling what would you put through it ? I have a 3inch Midland gun co which is lovely to shoot ,last year I used steel home loads to good effect I stuck to 1 1/8 loads the pellet count was the same as 1 1/2 lead equivalent load or there abouts.

My latest sealed bid (Holts ) £80 with commission for a bit of fun on decoyed ducks 3 inch choked Half and half  and thanks to some kind forum members the ammo is sorted home loaded steel and Bismuth. 

Thank you 

that’s a very nice gun you have there a bargain 😊

paid a little bit more for my one I plan on firing a few steel loads through the 1/2 choke and pattern test it then decided what to get done to the 3/4 

maybe just have the one barrel done 

1 hour ago, holloway said:

That's nice. May I ask how did you get it into your hands, from Holts please? 

6 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Well it’s time to post another one 🙄

bit of a sucker for old English guns and came across this project 

FCA6DE13-50A5-44C2-A62E-7DCC1F895B8B.jpeg

4C876ED3-91E5-4FEB-AA30-2A19DA85C803.jpeg

Absolute classic, lucky chap. Enjoy it!

3 hours ago, arjimlad said:

That's nice. May I ask how did you get it into your hands, from Holts please? 

Absolute classic, lucky chap. Enjoy it!

I picked mine up from a local valuation day they add £10 to the bill ,but still cheaper than an rfd transfer .

l always check if there is a valuation day near to me and not to far away date wise ,they have always been very accommodating and helpful.

Edited by holloway

24 minutes ago, holloway said:

I picked mine up from a local valuation day they add £10 to the bill ,but still cheaper than an rfd transfer .

l always check if there is a valuation day near to me and not to far away date wise ,they have always been very accommodating and helpful.

Thanks 👍

On 20/09/2022 at 13:25, Old farrier said:

Thank you 

that’s a very nice gun you have there a bargain 😊

paid a little bit more for my one I plan on firing a few steel loads through the 1/2 choke and pattern test it then decided what to get done to the 3/4 

maybe just have the one barrel done 

Good luck with getting any steel wads for the 410 I have given up and started loading Bismuth.can’t resist posting my favourite again exactly the same spec as yours but with 28 inch tubes.

DE10C87D-4585-4683-A904-A60E5A8C8AFE.jpeg

14 minutes ago, holloway said:

Good luck with getting any steel wads for the 410 I have given up and started loading Bismuth.can’t resist posting my favourite again exactly the same spec as yours but with 28 inch tubes.

Lovely looking gun 

im hoping that the 410 wads will become available before any legislation comes into force

any game shooting this season that requires non lead will have to be shot with the wildfowling gun 

On 20/09/2022 at 08:52, Old farrier said:

Not sure if it’s the correct term for it someone will know though 

it’s a heavy built gun though and had little use I shall try it out later in the week 

Look like an old 3" Magnum, from the golden age of 'fowling.

Ah, I see that it is.

6 hours ago, holloway said:

Fancier than my 3" Midland.

Edited by Penelope

• 3 weeks later...

Our team of old friends shot our first partridge day yesterday. Excellent fun day of 113 partridge.

Shooting together were:

Westley Richards 12

Edwinson Green 16

Alex Martin 20

Holland & Holland 12

Boss 12

William Powell 12

AyA No.2 12

Baikal 20

There were ten of us out, the other two had upside downos, a Beretta 20 and a Nikko 12.

Edited by London Best

Hello all, having recently used a side by side for the first time ever, and quite enjoyed it, I decided to buy one. I wanted a more "modern" one with a single trigger and ejectors like the one I had a go with, which was a Winchester Model 23. So today I picked this up. It is an AYA Matador II and it cost me £120. I don't know enough about side by sides to know if this was a good deal or not, but the bores are immaculate and the action tight and both of the ejectors work. It has 2 3/4 chambers and 28 inch barrels choked at half and full. The wood is a bit tatty and I plan to strip the finish off (I think it's varnish) and refinish it properly as a bit of a project. 

IMG20221022112404~2.jpg

IMG20221022112400.jpg

On 20/09/2022 at 11:17, Old farrier said:

30 inch 1/2. 3/4  

wide file cut rib 

3 inch chambers proof for 1.1/2 oz 

pall mall London 

william evans 

no plans really just going to shoot it 

BA17CBD2-3364-4E1C-A028-53017D64953C.jpeg

Very similar to my Boswell spec wise except that is 3/4 & Full.

Edited by Weihrauch17

Just now, Old farrier said:

It’s fairly heavy actually going to use it tomorrow for the first time 😊😊

78D12015-D029-4241-A80D-898D166E4AAF.png

A tad heavier than mine which is 7lb 5oz on my scales, they were the Trap Guns of their day for Live Pigeons. If I use mine on a shoot day I lug it round in a slip between drives.  It certainly kills well!