BREXIT

JohnfromUK

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

The EU have offered other deals. Surely you mean it's the deal negotiated by Boris?

We could leave and stay in the customs union. 

The only other “deal” I’m aware of is Mays “deal”, which was rightly rejected by Parliament! So that is now history......the current “deal” the only “deal” on offer and is closest the government could negotiate (with an unwilling EU) to deliver the reasons people voted Brexit.....my opinion is it should be rejected, but with Parliament refusing to countenance a no deal Brexit...it’s probably the only game in town, if the democratic will of the people is to be honoured!

But remainers  (who have tied the governments hands) want to use their anti democratic treachery as an excuse to overturn Brexit!

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, henry d said:

No you are, newbie/rewulf were using it to tarnish reputations and promote their ideas, I showed that neither we nor the other countries listed were innocent and that their ideas/arguments were ridiculous as all they were doing was mud slinging.

No need to tarnish his reputation, he done a better job of that, than I or Rewulf ever could :hmm:

2 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

In other news we hear Brexiteers bemoaning a second vote which splits the leave vote

No, just that a second vote should not happen and would be anti-democratic, no matter what way it is spun. Unless of course remain is not on the ballot and a second vote is for how we leave!!!

Edited by Newbie to this

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

Better to make Boris stumble on. Its a poison chalice for anyone. Tories brewed it let them drink it. 

Nope the EU and the remainers brewed the poison in the chalice!........The Tories have tried to deliver on the referendum result!

1 hour ago, henry d said:

No you are, newbie/rewulf were using it to tarnish reputations and promote their ideas, I showed that neither we nor the other countries listed were innocent and that their ideas/arguments were ridiculous as all they were doing was mud slinging.

😂They’re politicians for crying out loud; their reputations are already tarnished! The point you are missing is that we can at least vote out of office, ( or possibly even prosecute  🤣 ) our home grown ones. You try and vote out an EU politician....any EU politician. 

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

You might be right but there is no democratic mandate for no deal, so if you want out with no deal and really believe in democracy then back to the people must we go!

~20% of the public are in favour of no deal according to the polls (which appear to be in favour with Brexiteers today)

If you’re serious about believing in democracy then I’m not sure how that fits with the possibility of voting Lib Dem, if I understood you right. They have stated their intent to simply ignore the referendum result and scrap Brexit. Do you find that acceptable? 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

If you’re serious about believing in democracy then I’m not sure how that fits with the possibility of voting Lib Dem, if I understood you right. They have stated their intent to simply ignore the referendum result and scrap Brexit. Do you find that acceptable? 

Only if they did it with a mandate. 

1 hour ago, henry d said:

and that their ideas/arguments were ridiculous as all they were doing was mud slinging

Let he who is without sin, fling the first mud. 🤗

I wish I could draw pictures for you sometimes

I wish you would just read back sometimes 😂

We were not discussing the libtards, you said you were going to vote for them, I just said they were an irrelevance and you'd be better voting Green, then YOU  bought the BP into it! 

Oh dear is my polite version of pffft.

Pffft is impolite?? 

1 hour ago, oowee said:

When in 2016 did we vote to treat some of our citizens different from the rest? 

So you prefer no deal then? 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Anyone know what’s going on? I know it’s on the beeb but I had to turn off the news at 6 after catching a glimpse of Swinson, followed by Kuenssberg. I darent switch it back on lest either reappears. 

Government defeated again, Boris talking about shelving the deal. 

Soubry= ' What good will an election do?' 

J. Mann= 'It'll get rid of YOU!' 

Awesome 🤣

FB_IMG_1571769823001.jpg

13 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Government defeated again, Boris talking about shelving the deal. 

Soubry= ' What good will an election do?' 

J. Mann= 'It'll get rid of YOU!' 

Awesome 🤣

FB_IMG_1571769823001.jpg

Well there’s a surprise! Was sure we were into a winner there! 😂

Like the Soubry comment...very much. 
Think I must have put my cross in that bottom box too! 🙂

Cheers. 👍

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I believe in democracy, in the same way I believe in religion, it definitely exists.

I am ok with Brexit but not Brexit at any cost.

Regarding the Lib Dem’s, I believe that discussion was in the context of a GE. To avoid doubt I can confirm I would not vote Lib Dem in a referendum 🤣

And to answer your question directly, I concur with Grant.

1 minute ago, Raja Clavata said:

I see the echo chamber has some distortion this evening😜

Ring the bell and chant... ' It is really not undemocratic to ignore the referendum result, because the people didn't know what they were voting for...' 

And repeat, until all that Brexit nastiness goes away 😹

8 minutes ago, henry d said:

GE?

That's coming, whether we leave or not, but... 

I think boris has played a clever move...
Hes now got an indication that he has a majority for the deal. That now tells the EU what they needed to know...so they can now confidentially turn down the extension...which means boris will then have parliament over a barrel...
The deal or a crash out.
If this has been the plan all along...hes played a blinder

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

The only other “deal” I’m aware of is Mays “deal”, which was rightly rejected by Parliament! So that is now history......the current “deal” the only “deal” on offer and is closest the government could negotiate (with an unwilling EU) to deliver the reasons people voted Brexit.....my opinion is it should be rejected, but with Parliament refusing to countenance a no deal Brexit...it’s probably the only game in town, if the democratic will of the people is to be honoured!

But remainers  (who have tied the governments hands) want to use their anti democratic treachery as an excuse to overturn Brexit!

No, the remainers are exploiting the omni-shambles that is Brexit in exactly the same way Brexiteers would if the shoe was on the other foot.

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Ring the bell and chant... ' It is really not undemocratic to ignore the referendum result, because the people didn't know what they were voting for...' 

And repeat, until all that Brexit nastiness goes away 😹

Ding dong Brexit’ nearly gone😜

14 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

No, the remainers are exploiting the omni-shambles that is Brexit in exactly the same way Brexiteers would if the shoe was on the other foot.

Ding dong Brexit’ nearly gone😜

You keep believing that, even the most deluded remainers are realising now that it's going to happen, maybe not Halloween, but it's coming, along with some labour and indy MPs P45s.