Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
figgy

Pellet prices

Recommended Posts

What's the most you have seen a tin of 500 jsb pellets for.

There are places you can buy from online for around £10.00 delivered to your door. 

Some shops will sell for around this depending on amount of tins you buy like Swillington Shooting Supplies.

Rang a couple of localish shops one small and one a larger place. 

Small shop aafd £13.50 a tin, thought fair enough others are about the same all charge couple quid more for the AA over the JSB and your only a little place. 

Large shop for 500 JSB £17.00 a tin, I had to ask twice, thought I had heard wrong and he was saying £7.00 for a 200 tin. 😵

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pay about £13 a tin for aa 4.52. I know I could get them cheaper but he's a local outdoors shop and so I always buy there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can get worse figgy. I have two guns in .25 one is FAC and the other <12 ftlbs

Heard good things about the New JSB lead free .25 at 16.54g 

There's 150 in a tin at £11.25 a tin, so i make that 7.5p a pellet.

So what did i do? Order two tins. What a loon!!     

JSBnolead.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You expect to pay more for larger calibers especially in lead free.

It's when they want 30% a fiver more per tin than most other places. Rip off for anyone who don't know any better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

It can get worse figgy. I have two guns in .25 one is FAC and the other <12 ftlbs

Heard good things about the New JSB lead free .25 at 16.54g 

There's 150 in a tin at £11.25 a tin, so i make that 7.5p a pellet.

So what did i do? Order two tins. What a loon!!     

JSBnolead.JPG

 

Those should go well in a sub 12 .25 cal where did u get them from ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most places I've looked the AA fields are around £13.50 for 500 in .22  two to three pounds more than the same JSB's don't make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i paid £15 for JSB ,from a small local shop ,which I don't mind supporting even if they may be a £1 or 2 dearer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Those should go well in a sub 12 .25 cal where did u get them from ? 

These good people. Ring to order.

www.countrywaygunshop.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A dealer I know doesn't stock AA anymore. He said at his last attempt to order his supplier would not sell less than 50 tins.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, old man said:

A dealer I know doesn't stock AA anymore. He said at his last attempt to order his supplier would not sell less than 50 tins.

 

Fair enough .

I cant see how 50 tins is too many for an rfd to stock  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nor can I, they come in sleeves of five so different head sizes in the two main calibers would make up the order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JSB king heavy's in .25 about £15 a tin of 300, I do like to plink with the stealth but the cost means I load very very slowly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaz25 said:

JSB king heavy's in .25 about £15 a tin of 300, I do like to plink with the stealth but the cost means I load very very slowly!

 

I tend to order mine from here, delivered in a few days and well packed.

 

https://jsb-diabolos.de/?6-35-25,24

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get mine from eBay 13/16 quid for 500 just depends who’s doing the cheapest and how many you buy that’s for .22 jumbo heavy exact 18gr

Edited by Jacko3275

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Fair enough .

I cant see how 50 tins is too many for an rfd to stock  

It’s still £500 tho . Could be many months before they make it back . I guess if another brand is happy to send half that they’ll get the order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what the mark up on pellets  is but it wont be a lot  so 50 tins will probably cos the rfd around  £ 400  and they sell them all for around £600 .ish .

Point is .shops like country ways  /bar .buy pellets by the pallet full and thats  just one brand  like jsb .

Lots of people my self included often buy a few sleeves at a time .last time i bought jsb kings i bought 30 tins .

I went into my local rfd over xmas and bought an assortment of tins to try . (6 in total) 

So if a shop thinks small they will stay small  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Not sure what the mark up on pellets  is but it wont be a lot  so 50 tins will probably cos the rfd around  £ 400  and they sell them all for around £600 .ish .

Point is .shops like country ways  /bar .buy pellets by the pallet full and thats  just one brand  like jsb .

Lots of people my self included often buy a few sleeves at a time .last time i bought jsb kings i bought 30 tins .

I went into my local rfd over xmas and bought an assortment of tins to try . (6 in total) 

So if a shop thinks small they will stay small  .

I have seen some of the cost figures for pellets and some of the cheaper brands are as you say but the £200 margin will have to have the VAT almost £35 removed giving about £165 margin and 50 tins could easily take 6 months to move for the smaller shops. With the bigger brands I know for a fact the margin is much less and some of the figures mentioned in this thread only give single figure pence profit. So to go big instead of staying small as you put it means you might need to sell 100 tins to make £7 and I`m pretty sure the time spent with the sale means they are being sold at a loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this sold at a loss is carp.  Same with cartridges. They still make a profit or they wouldn't sell them.

If they make 5pence in a tin it's still a proffit, their time is just that time. They're there regardless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, figgy said:

All this sold at a loss is carp.  Same with cartridges. They still make a profit or they wouldn't sell them.

If they make 5pence in a tin it's still a proffit, their time is just that time. They're there regardless.

It’s not profit tho after the over heads 👍.

this is why companies are closing all the time mate . 
we have a 20% mark up on doors but most are only£90-100. £15-20 to talk for 15 mins to a customer then get 2 lads to unload a truck in 10 mins  , store in our container over night then load it back up in a customer car. 
Our local competition is making £6 a door 😮

 

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Ok  fair points .but how do pound shops make a profit  ? And stay in business 

I have no idea on that one. Our local £1 land has just shut . They have 30 year leases on the shops and pay minimum wage but £50-100,000 a year rent around here on big retail parks plus the rates must be the same again.

 

ive heard it’s total lose on plaster board and plaster products but they claim it back against the tax . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...