BATTLE OF BRITAIN?

das

Front page of today's Express. 'Unleased, our new Battle of Britain''.

I didn't think this was very appropriate to our current crisis when hundreds of young men from all parts of Europe
killed each other over the skies of Western Europe in 1940.

I know we have a battle but please don't compare it with one of the most selfless acts of heroism in history.

In my opinion.

3 minutes ago, das said:

Front page of today's Express. 'Unleased, our new Battle of Britain''.

I didn't think this was very appropriate to our current crisis when hundreds of young men from all parts of Europe
killed each other over the skies of Western Europe in 1940.

I know we have a battle but please don't compare it with one of the most selfless acts of heroism in history.

In my opinion.

Any depth to sell papers.

Today news tomorrows chip wrappers. Sorry we are hygienic now can not use them.

I saw an artical on The field Sports channel based in Pickering Guns, someone had compared the current crisis with the blitz the gun shop worker/owner said it's nothing like the blitz in the blitz people pulled together and helped others who had nothing even though they didn't have much themselves where as now people have gone mad with a self centered attitude of making sure they have enough/too much and to hell with everybody else.

1 minute ago, DUNKS said:

Save them they may be used as a hygiene requirement. We always used to. 

We might have too, lets face it we have no toilet paper. Think they must eat it with the pasta and baked beans they are all stock piling.

6 minutes ago, BADGER.BRAD said:

I saw an artical on The field Sports channel based in Pickering Guns, someone had compared the current crisis with the blitz the gun shop worker/owner said it's nothing like the blitz in the blitz people pulled together and helped others who had nothing even though they didn't have much themselves where as now people have gone mad with a self centered attitude of making sure they have enough/too much and to hell with everybody else.

Do you know it really annoys me all this panic buying. Where are these people storing all this stuff.

This was my recent post on Facebook.

Have to say this thinking about what my 83 year old mum has seen in her life in the context of the current situation. It might be the most challenging time since WWII BUT

We do not fear the wail of a siren and a rush to the shelter
We do not need to sit under the stairs listening to a stick of bombs wondering if the next one will hit us
Our homes and businesses will not be reduced to rubble
We are not being gassed nor shot at
We are not hugging our children a last time before they are evacuated
Nor are we waving our young people goodbye knowing they may not return from the front, sea or air.

We are facing a few months inconvenience, uncertainty and pain, that’s all. So let’s stop moaning, remain positive, retain our humanity, and our humour. We need only embrace the love of our family and friends and work together in communities to come through this stronger.

20200321_193542.jpg.8a279573df2a5ad2e62f82cef0a544ec.jpg

I saw this earlier, I'm not entirely convinced by all that's going on but this sums it up nicely. 

The thing I dont get is we're being told to stay away from people, pubs gyms restaurants all shut, but Monday I'll be back in work,  where have all those people been??

The country can't isolate and work can it?

2 hours ago, BADGER.BRAD said:

The problem is, society is now run on selfish principles, there's no common sense applied to anything, there's a rule or a law for everything, leading people to feel entitled, it's no longer are my actions morally righteous, it's, does my behaviour break a rule. Society has had to go this way, as it's such a culturally diverse society, with so many different views on everything, government has had to step in to prevent conflicts by legislating everything. We are now in a situation like this where we all need to pull together, alot of people seem to have forgotten how to do that, or have been bought up in a society where as long as you don't break a rule your right.

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

The thing I dont get is we're being told to stay away from people, pubs gyms restaurants all shut, but Monday I'll be back in work,  where have all those people been??

The country can't isolate and work can it?

You have well and truly hit the the nail on the head !

All those folks who are being asked to stay away from pubs etc in order to self isolate. Are also being asked to go to work, sit on busy tills for 8 hrs etc to keep society ticking over.

Don,t get me wrong, I am not saying we take a cavalier attitude, this is very serious. However if you choose to believe what they are saying in China. The only reason there are no new cases is because most likely everyone has had it .

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

.. in China. The only reason there are no new cases is because most likely everyone has had it .

I think only a fraction of the population has been exposed to it.  I hope it doesn't come and everything all gets better from now on, but I fear an even bigger aftershock

4 hours ago, Saltings said:

just been on the news a private doctor with a Harley st add has made 2.5 million in a week or more  selling fake testing kits       the good and bad of humanity will show itself in a time of need 

Let's hope that he ends up in prison , and all profits are taken from his as the proceeds of crime.

14 hours ago, lancer425 said:

We might have too, lets face it we have no toilet paper. Think they must eat it with the pasta and baked beans they are all stock piling.

Do you know it really annoys me all this panic buying. Where are these people storing all this stuff.

In the new freezer that they have just bought.