Mad 1 needs help ๐Ÿ‘

team tractor

16 minutes ago, rovercoupe said:

anyone has any ideas for air fed hoods that are cheap, easy to make and disposable I would be keen to know

Possibly some variation/adaptation of Anย Aeroplane Escape Smoke Hood?

no idea how you provide filtered air to it though

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Diver One said:

Possibly some variation/adaptation of Anย Aeroplane Escape Smoke Hood?

no idea how you provide filtered air to it though

The air fed units are there, it's finding a cheap alternative to the ยฃ100 plus per unit for the disposable hoodsย which are needed for use when operating. They won't use anything that cannot be chucked away to stop cross contamination, for now anyway!ย 

The smoke hoods may be an option then......would just need an inlet and outlet adaptor making....3Dprinted?

outlet would prob only need to be a flapper valve to stop atmosphere entering on inhalation...maybe just a thin flexible rubber/nitrile disc

only issue is that every smoke hood that I have looked at tonight has had a yellow tint to the hood, which wouldn't be good for colour recognitionย 

3 hours ago, mad1 said:

If you have any images or ideas or drawings that you want 3d printed let me know and we can give it a whirl...

ย 

M1

mad1 would you ask your lad if he is willing to share the STL file please?. If so i'll fire up my printer and start printing some off.

Ta Steve.

10 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Laminating pouches could be used for visors. Run them through the laminater they go clear and hard, but still flexible enough hopefully.

Was just going to suggest this, used. To have one I would have sent over but itโ€™s stuck at the French house.

Good luck and well done......

(2 litre plastic drinks bottles might work having just stared at one in the fridge)

hello, has anyone determined what the clear visor part on the masks are made from, ? what are other people using with theirย  3 D printed head band,ย ย  i have found a similar one online being made in Devon by the local College Engineering staff and given to the local hospital, the visorย  part is being made by a local firm, i will contact this firm to see what material they are using and post up, not open till 8.30

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

4 hours ago, PLAGUE said:

mad1 would you ask your lad if he is willing to share the STL file please?. If so i'll fire up my printer and start printing some off.

Ta Steve.

Yes I will get it and forward it asap to you....via pm.

ย 

M1

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Laminating pouches could be used for visors. Run them through the laminater they go clear and hard, but still flexible enough hopefully.

That could work.

I replaced the clear plastic on a broken bird feeder yesterday with some. Normally A4 size, though, so may not be largeย enough for a face mask

13 hours ago, mad1 said:

Hi all,

I'm asking for some help if possible.ย 

My son has started making these masks for the local hospitals.

They are 3d printed but we are struggling to get the material for the lenses.

If anyone has anything or know where I can buy them from please let me know.

I'm as proud as punch of him as he 17 and doing this of his own back...

Thanks for reading and please stay safe !!!

ย 

M1 and Connor...

ย 

Ps thanks Nath ....

hello, have tried to find out what others are using for their lenses but cannot seem to contact anyone or find out what the specifications are, you can buy 1mm rolls of PVC or similar clear material, have you checked any local suppliers,

Hi Opp,

I have rang round local places like staples etc but they are all closed.

I will keep trying as I feel it's the least I can do if my son is helping I wont sit back...

I have had some requests for the Stl files which I will happily forward to anyone...all I ask is please dont do it for profit I understand you might want to cover the Filament and Electric etc but please dont make a gain in times of other people's loss.....we need to help each other...

ย 

Stay safe

M1

ย 

7 minutes ago, mad1 said:

Hi Opp,

I have rang round local places like staples etc but they are all closed.

I will keep trying as I feel it's the least I can do if my son is helping I wont sit back...

I have had some requests for the Stl files which I will happily forward to anyone...all I ask is please dont do it for profit I understand you might want to cover the Filament and Electric etc but please dont make a gain in times of other people's loss.....we need to help each other...

ย 

Stay safe

M1

ย 

hello, yes i tried to find a plastic/PVC wholesaler in your area, who sell in rolls, is there anyone else in your area making these you could contact to see what type of clear screen they use ? anyway well done your Son:good: are you on facebook ? you could put a notice on there ?

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

That's what they were doing at the care home, it's only to stop liquid getting on the face and can be wiped clean.

2 minutes ago, Mice! said:

That's what they were doing at the care home, it's only to stop liquid getting on the face and can be wiped clean.

I have had someone kindly offering to run his pack of laminating pouches through his machine and send them to us...free of charge !!

Thank you sooo much !!

ย 

M1

3 minutes ago, mad1 said:

I have had someone kindly offering to run his pack of laminating pouches through his machine and send them to us...free of charge !!

Thank you sooo much !!

ย 

M1

It might be an idea to contact local schools, they normally have a laminater that wont be doing anything at the moment.ย