Lockdown

Mice!

5 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Me too.

Life and work carries on, take precautions and measures to mitigate, but continue with your employment/business needs if your unable to do so from home.

hello, i have said before it is not rocket science to understand what needs and has to be done by the population headed up by the Government and its partners, i also believe that had China contained the City of Wuhan where the original death occurred would all countries be in a position they are in now, but then how are some countries getting people with corvid 19 who never were in China

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Airports? People skiing and having the virus without ever knowing then travelling around the globe?

hello, according to the China reports a lot of Nationals were from EU USA UK and other countries so we can only presume that the Airports were a major source of spreading

12 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, according to the China reports a lot of Nationals were from EU USA UK and other countries so we can only presume that the Airports were a major source of spreading

I've just read that Jet2 are saying they plan to start flying again on June 17th?? So folk haven't had refunds yet, and they still want payments for holidays coming up, I'm so glad we hadn't booked anything yet this year.

4 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Wuhan was 11 weeks.

We’re in our 3rd week.

Why do people think the lockdown is likely to end soon?

I think we might be back to some kind of non lock down sort of mid june. reason i say this is . Wife had a speed awareness course late march, and they cancelled all courses , and would be contacting re latter dates by june 12th i think it was. Ok its a company running those courses but the government must have given them some idea when they could re start. by then be what ten weeks, so the chinas 11 week is i think probable. Lets hope tighter we lock down better chance we get going sooner. So i think we are about a 3rd in to this so far.

58 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I think we might be back to some kind of non lock down sort of mid june. reason i say this is . Wife had a speed awareness course late march, and they cancelled all courses , and would be contacting re latter dates by june 12th i think it was. Ok its a company running those courses but the government must have given them some idea when they could re start. by then be what ten weeks, so the chinas 11 week is i think probable. Lets hope tighter we lock down better chance we get going sooner. So i think we are about a 3rd in to this so far.

Take this with a pinch of salt, speaking to a chap whose daughter is a special needs teacher. She was sent a letter saying school back after summer holidays however lock down expected to continue in some form until January term time. 

I'd guess at end of August myself. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I've just read that Jet2 are saying they plan to start flying again on June 17th?? So folk haven't had refunds yet, and they still want payments for holidays coming up, I'm so glad we hadn't booked anything yet this year.

hello, will be interesting if the Government allow them, yes i think a lot of people will struggle to get refunds, Easy Con were still taking bookings after they shut down,

1 minute ago, GingerCat said:

Take this with a pinch of salt, speaking to a chap whose daughter is a special needs teacher. She was sent a letter saying school back after summer holidays however lock down expected to continue in some form until January term time. 

I think there could be some type of restriction until January no doubt about it. And although in my post re the wifes speed awareness course, it says they would contact by mid june, not nessasaarily give a date then.

Setting back MOTs six months is kind of a bit telling too.

Another thing, we have to come out of hiding at some point once the NHS has it under control, I am no viroligist but if i read this corectly. Catching it over coming it, will/ should give one a degree at least of imunity, so then, we in the case of such recovered people be able to go out working yet not infecting or re infecting others. Hense i expect some form of social distancing restrictions. If a imunisation is forthcoming we will perhaps long term handle this virus as we do many others. I like to think we could be beating this, and am determined to stay positive. :lol:

On a purely selfish note, I paid a deposit for a holiday, over £300. The balance being due in May in full. I booked this July last year.

I had an email stating if I cancelled I loose my deposit as they will not be cancelling as the holiday is in July. They also state that if I pay in full as required by the due date and I cant go, I loose the lot. However, if the government keeps the lockdown they will refund 50% of the holiday balance, but not the deposit which they retain anyway.

It seems to me profiteering as they are in a winning position either way.

The TCs state, roughly, I cancel before due, I loose deposit. After paid I loose up to 100% depending how close the holiday is. If they cancel, I get 100% refund.

In the email, they state quite clearly they will not cancel under any conditions, but as goodwill will return 50% if we're still in lockdown.

I'll leave it to the last moment before I cancel, I'm going to loose the deposit either way. Pointless paying in full unless a miracle cure was found yesterday. 

49 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I'll leave it to the last moment before I cancel, I'm going to loose the deposit either way. Pointless paying in full unless a miracle cure was found yesterday. 

Would you want to go anyway? Personally I would ban unnecessary air travel till the end of the year, incoming or out going, but again I doubt the government will say this for fear of a backlash.

And sorry but I expect you will loose your deposit,  holiday firms don't seem to be being very helpful,  but they are possibly looking at going out of business.

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Would you want to go anyway? Personally I would ban unnecessary air travel till the end of the year, incoming or out going, but again I doubt the government will say this for fear of a backlash.

And sorry but I expect you will loose your deposit,  holiday firms don't seem to be being very helpful,  but they are possibly looking at going out of business.

It's for a riverside cottage in Norfolk.(more than a holiday abroad) Neither I nor my wife can leave the country easily due to current meds which include morphine and a biological drug which is administered via drip.

We're already resigned to lost deposit, and to be fair we're still better off than some. Being retired, we have no jobs to loose, no buisness to loose and my pension may get less as its index linked or whatever they do with it, but it'll still keep getting paid.

There's going to be other years.

I feel more for those that will go broke, or not able to afford the loss of a deposit.

The holiday companies will recover, they're too big to bust.

2 hours ago, GingerCat said:

My wife works in a SEN school, they are still operating with a small number of children who are classed as vulnerable, and that will be the case until the end of the academic year at least, they may work through the summer.

There was something about even if you pay a pound of your holiday on a Credit card,,then you claim full amount from them and they chase for their debt,,,not sure of exact wording just something I think I heard Martin Lewis say,, wasnt really listening tho.....

38 minutes ago, Scully said:

Heard on the radio news on the way home; Cumbria Police have stopped and turned back a vehicle of six people from Lancashire, heading into the Lake District for the Bank Holiday. 🙂

20200408_175842.jpg.8d6a809be351c953cadd15b06ccfdfbb.jpg

You beat me to it, can't believe how stupid some people are, you can imagine them saying the roads are nice and quiet. 

28 minutes ago, Mice! said:

20200408_175842.jpg.8d6a809be351c953cadd15b06ccfdfbb.jpg

You beat me to it, can't believe how stupid some people are, you can imagine them saying the roads are nice and quiet. 

Well done the police, I knew it was going to get bad over this Easter, lets hope we dont see another such incident and everyone stays home and does their bit to help with controlling this virus. Sadly i think there will be many more but perhaps it will sink home now its out there in social media.

Locked down tight as a little drum here. Doing what we are told and think is right by others.

On the Northwest news they have just been saying that companies are still advertising rooms for this weekend in the Lakes, but the police have said they will be out keeping people away,  and have also told people with second homes to stay away, saying the infrastructure can't handle the influx.

7 hours ago, lancer425 said:

I don't think anyone, least of all the government, know when we will be out of this. It is a day to day affair. No one is going to commit to a date for anything at present.

OH has just been contacted by an old art college friend in a small coastal town in Spain. They have been in lockdown for 26 days now. She has told OH that there is a lot more vehicles in the town and the shops are busier due to people travelling to their holiday homes for the Easter weekend. 

8 minutes ago, Scully said:

OH has just been contacted by an old art college friend in a small coastal town in Spain. They have been in lockdown for 26 days now. She has told OH that there is a lot more vehicles in the town and the shops are busier due to people travelling to their holiday homes for the Easter weekend. 

I don't know about a CV19 vaccine, it would appear that the world needs a vaccine for "Stupid"