Some People are just daft

Bigbob

I'll give up on people thinking that being in a house with other people is more distant than being alone on private property that is closed to the public - or clearly deserted except for themselves, especially if a member of that household is a key worker who got near anyone else.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I'll give up on people thinking that being in a house with other people is more distant than being alone on private property that is closed to the public - or clearly deserted except for themselves, especially if a member of that household is a key worker who got near anyone else.

can’t see what scaremongers get from crying stay in stay in non stop  when I ran into no end of ramblers two clowns even tried to approach me for directions today 

2 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Can anyone give me a rational reason - as opposed to broad brush rule following dictat - why someone who lives close to a beach should not go fishing alone?

Because a car load of idiots would drive fifty miles to come and do the same. Then they would say well if he can do it...……...

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Because a car load of idiots would drive fifty miles to come and do the same. Then they would say well if he can do it...……...

This is the reason people just can not be trusted, and as soon as you let the anglers shooters , Motorcycle trials riders " I do this" . Do their sport. how long until, any number of others claim they are socially distancing and what they doing is OK.   Tennis / cricket. Its all suppose doable staying 6foot apart.

Its not just the Doing of the sport, its everything that goes with it.

To keep off the hot potato pigeon shooting and sea Angling as posted. Lets by example look at trials. Car load bike on trailer rack or back of van/Truck.

Travel 10/ 20 miles to meeting or practice, But your travelling. Need to buy or have bought petrol/ oil Then, your in a car park unloading Your waiting, socially distanced or not your out there and have a remote risk of accident. Which then opens up a problem to the NHS/ you, visiting A&E contracting the virus, Were you a A symptomatic but never knew. Its a whole hornets nest that could create problems especially if millions of us are doing it. I do not think the sports themselves are a direct threat, but the broader picture could be different.

Well reading this thread, I think alot of you should get behind the ban shooting argument, we can't be trusted with guns as there'll always be Someone without common sense ect.

I've a radical idea, if someone isn't causing any harm, leave them alone!

Scully summed it up, let's use common sense.

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Well reading this thread, I think alot of you should get behind the ban shooting argument, we can't be trusted with guns as there'll always be Someone without common sense ect.

Got to agree with you there.......

Since this virus, I’m become more aware of how hypocritical people either are, or have become.

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

So i left the hot potato, Went for the innocuous Trials riders and, you come steaming in grab it run off With the shooting flag flapping behind you. Well done.

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

This is the reason people just can not be trusted, and as soon as you let the anglers shooters , Motorcycle trials riders " I do this" . Do their sport. how long until, any number of others claim they are socially distancing and what they doing is OK.   Tennis / cricket. Its all suppose doable staying 6foot apart.

Its not just the Doing of the sport, its everything that goes with it.

To keep off the hot potato pigeon shooting and sea Angling as posted. Lets by example look at trials. Car load bike on trailer rack or back of van/Truck.

Travel 10/ 20 miles to meeting or practice, But your travelling. Need to buy or have bought petrol/ oil Then, your in a car park unloading Your waiting, socially distanced or not your out there and have a remote risk of accident. Which then opens up a problem to the NHS/ you, visiting A&E contracting the virus, Were you a A symptomatic but never knew. Its a whole hornets nest that could create problems especially if millions of us are doing it. I do not think the sports themselves are a direct threat, but the broader picture could be different.

As long as they're socially distancing and not putting anyone at risk, then I don't have a problem with it to be honest. It's not a one size fits all situation, and the fact some aren't capable of using common sense isn't my problem. 

There are many many people out there not strictly following national advice/guidelines, whatever you want to call them, they just apply common sense, get on with whatever they're doing and don't advertise it. I see it on a daily basis and have done since this started; I know of one retired couple who are still going for their daily dip in one of the Lakes; they're just getting up very early to do it nowadays. The problems start when some believe others are getting away with something they're not.

The boss said whilst on lock down it wasn't a essential journey and he would call the police .

It was just a normal car with a L plate stuck on it and we normally chase them anyway unless its a proper driving instructor car  and even they are supposed to pick up the student and drive off campus and then swap over something to do with insurance 

The local police are sitting in 3 unmarked cars at the local park and ride 2 minutes off campus because of the amount of folk driving there parking there car and coming onto the campus   they do  regular patrols to check social distancing  etc 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

As long as they're socially distancing and not putting anyone at risk, then I don't have a problem with it to be honest. It's not a one size fits all situation, and the fact some aren't capable of using common sense isn't my problem. 

There are many many people out there not strictly following national advice/guidelines, whatever you want to call them, they just apply common sense, get on with whatever they're doing and don't advertise it. I see it on a daily basis and have done since this started; I know of one retired couple who are still going for their daily dip in one of the Lakes; they're just getting up very early to do it nowadays. The problems start when some believe others are getting away with something they're not.

Agree and your last point, is of course going to happen.  Next we have darts players Its just never ending. I think get this next milestone out the way mid may we might see another three weeks, but then might see some relaxing. But i do not want to see it unpick in a few days what good we done so far.

Not sure as no expert but its looks like it might be doing some good, so if we see a drop in cases it might be we are at the very beginning of the climb out of this hole.

For a group of people who are supposedly law abiding because we have been granted licences for shooting, there seems to be a lot on here who appear to be ready to flout the guidelines because they are not affecting anyone.

Well the death toll keeps rising, ask yourself why that is, for the virus to move you must move.

Food is essential, unfortunatly for some work is essential, and you run a risk doing them.

Essential journeys, the clue is in the first word, people are dying because others think rules don't apply to them, and people will continue to die until a vaccine is developed then at some point you will probably get the virus, will you live ?will you die? you won't know until you get it, do you really want to shorten your odds? a possible death alone gasping for breath.

8 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

For a group of people who are supposedly law abiding because we have been granted licences for shooting, there seems to be a lot on here who appear to be ready to flout the guidelines because they are not affecting anyone.

Well the death toll keeps rising, ask yourself why that is, for the virus to move you must move.

Food is essential, unfortunatly for some work is essential, and you run a risk doing them.

Essential journeys, the clue is in the first word, people are dying because others think rules don't apply to them, and people will continue to die until a vaccine is developed then at some point you will probably get the virus, will you live ?will you die? you won't know until you get it, do you really want to shorten your odds? a possible death alone gasping for breath.

far to many unnecessary movements B-Q need to close for a start the take aways don’t need to be open all the scaffolders i see working don’t need to be out mixing at this rate the only ones showing any common sense will be shooters 

28 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’s not dumb there stupid what’s nessecary about learning to drive at the moment? 

WE are on LOCKDOWN as some students have the virus and our first care must be the 800 students still on campus there fees pay our wages we have a duty of care to them and just because its a nice 500 acre campus its not a holiday camp for bored folk during lockdown 

You dont know what there bring on to campus or taking off campus  Is it worth the risk ?> Stay at home 

3 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

WE are on LOCKDOWN as some students have the virus and our first care must be the 800 students still on campus there fees pay our wages we have a duty of care to them and just because its a nice 500 acre campus its not a holiday camp for bored folk during lockdown 

You dont know what there bring on to campus or taking off campus  Is it worth the risk ?> Stay at home 

He knows. Read his post.

18 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’s not dumb there stupid what’s nessecary about learning to drive at the moment? 

Are they spreading the virus????? 
Is it essential travel, well not, but if you refer to a recent Chief Constables response, he stated that he saw nothing wrong with people utilising their own vehicle for pleasure purposes.

There is an element of risk in everything we do in life, sometimes it’s trade off.

If we follow some on here’s request to close everything but supermarkets, then there won’t even be supermarkets as there won’t even be any form of economy to speak of- food banks and starvation for all.

It’s tricky as no one likes death, but death does happen and we can’t cheat it all the time.

For those of us not of pensionable age with financial commitments, there comes a different mindset- for those furlough’d and believing they will he paid like this indefinitely are about to have their eyes opened. Taking mortgage / loan payment holidays etc are only for a short duration, then the reality of not being able to afford your current lifestyle with associated repossession on an unprecedented scale.

Im classed as a key worker but of course the Airline industry has gone to pot so I’m not working, am I afraid to work? No, I worked up until the day of lockdown, operating not knowing if we were to be impounded / grounde in various Countries - flew with colleagues who subsequently tested positive and one guy who was five days post virus.

We have to continue, but adapt too- but not at the expense of cutting of our own noses as the saying goes.

43 minutes ago, clangerman said:

far to many unnecessary movements B-Q need to close for a start the take aways don’t need to be open all the scaffolders i see working don’t need to be out mixing at this rate the only ones showing any common sense will be shooters 

They’re trying to keep the economy going; if B&Q close my work will grind to a halt. With many of the trade centres having closed from day one, ( some are starting to reopen again) B&Q were my only resort for some materials. 
Maybe the scaffolders NEED to work, I know I do. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

They’re trying to keep the economy going; if B&Q close my work will grind to a halt. With many of the trade centres having closed from day one, ( some are starting to reopen again) B&Q were my only resort for some materials. 
Maybe the scaffolders NEED to work, I know I do. 

i have every sympathy with you scully just making the point what a joke the lock down is mate 

14 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Are they spreading the virus????? 
Is it essential travel, well not, but if you refer to a recent Chief Constables response, he stated that he saw nothing wrong with people utilising their own vehicle for pleasure purposes.

There is an element of risk in everything we do in life, sometimes it’s trade off.

If we follow some on here’s request to close everything but supermarkets, then there won’t even be supermarkets as there won’t even be any form of economy to speak of- food banks and starvation for all.

It’s tricky as no one likes death, but death does happen and we can’t cheat it all the time.

For those of us not of pensionable age with financial commitments, there comes a different mindset- for those furlough’d and believing they will he paid like this indefinitely are about to have their eyes opened. Taking mortgage / loan payment holidays etc are only for a short duration, then the reality of not being able to afford your current lifestyle with associated repossession on an unprecedented scale.

Im classed as a key worker but of course the Airline industry has gone to pot so I’m not working, am I afraid to work? No, I worked up until the day of lockdown, operating not knowing if we were to be impounded / grounde in various Countries - flew with colleagues who subsequently tested positive and one guy who was five days post virus.

We have to continue, but adapt too- but not at the expense of cutting of our own noses as the saying goes.

My sympathy to you 

Are they spreading the virus I don’t know but I do know it’s spread around the world and the less it spreads the sooner it’ll be over 

Is it spread by people in cars ? 
I would say yes 

is teaching your daughter to drive a essential journey? 
I would say no 

is it responsible for you to do it on a school campus with residential students? 
ill leave you to answer that 

1 hour ago, Bigbob said:

My thing is this.  He lives with his daughter.  They are not in contact with nothing or anyone outside their car.  I don’t see any problem with going for a walk, or a drive.  I mean you shouldn’t high five people  you pass but driving around a parking lot  with someone you live with is not spreading anything.  

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Then they would be the one's at fault - they would'nt then be alone on a beach - yup some people really do suck up badly thought out rules for simple minds. 

By that logic if one person drives into a wall - a bunch of other people would go there and do the same. :lol: