LIFTING THE LOCKDOWN!

lancer425

sea fishing and  charterboats, i currently own and run two .

sent my liferafts back last month as they are on hire and were due a service another £1000 i'm not shelling out.

with tumble weed blowing round the phone regarding trips its damage limitation by reducing all outgoings as the industry is dead in the water.

i've written off this year as social distancing is going  to be huge issue with 12 people on a 40ft boat.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats to my way of thinking are not a lot more than interesting. And i suppose they have to keep posting them at the briefings etc.

But Deaths no matter how many or where they are or age. is only part of the story of this viruses impact on a country.

Those that survive? What about them.   How many of any age group are fully recovered as with no health issues due to them having the virus.?

Is there any specs yet? Will we/ can we ever know this.?

Will they just be Mentally ill people. or COPD etc  sufferers, Just how many have their lives impacted by it. are these victims in the 100s or 10s of thousands.?   I mean lets just look at Boris.? he is up and about but he dont look brilliant,"not saying he ever did but you get my drift here" , Its not just the dead aspect its the Living part. A lung infection if it kills you or not can leave you with long term health issues, and this virus is rough on lungs if it gets a proper hold.

47 minutes ago, Remimax said:

sea fishing and  charterboats, i currently own and run two .

sent my liferafts back last month as they are on hire and were due a service another £1000 i'm not shelling out.

with tumble weed blowing round the phone regarding trips its damage limitation by reducing all outgoings as the industry is dead in the water.

i've written off this year as social distancing is going  to be huge issue with 12 people on a 40ft boat.

Sorry to hear that hopefully you can weather the storm 👍👍

35 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

The stats to my way of thinking are not a lot more than interesting. And i suppose they have to keep posting them at the briefings etc.

But Deaths no matter how many or where they are or age. is only part of the story of this viruses impact on a country.

Those that survive? What about them.   How many of any age group are fully recovered as with no health issues due to them having the virus.?

Is there any specs yet? Will we/ can we ever know this.?

Will they just be Mentally ill people. or COPD etc  sufferers, Just how many have their lives impacted by it. are these victims in the 100s or 10s of thousands.?   I mean lets just look at Boris.? he is up and about but he dont look brilliant,"not saying he ever did but you get my drift here" , Its not just the dead aspect its the Living part. A lung infection if it kills you or not can leave you with long term health issues, and this virus is rough on lungs if it gets a proper hold.

That may all be so, but so what?

1. the virus is inescapable and until there is a working vaccine it looks like everyone will get it at some point.

2. Slowing transmission doesn't affect how many get it in the end.

3. We are actually in the honeymoon phase and this is all still new. When the money runs out (and it will run out quite soon) and there is then mass unemployment, poverty and a recession the likes of which no one will have ever seen before we will look back at the lockdown and wonder was it all worth it (and still having regard to 2, above and despite the gloom the NHS has capacity and the beds in the nightingale empty).

The only real question that interests me is why it appears that more people in this country are dying of Covid than other countries and this all points to testing, diagnosis, hospital admission  and the correct treatment(s) which we are far from on top of.

Edited by Mungler

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

The only real question that interests me is why it appears that more people in this country are dying of Covid than other countries and this all points to testing, diagnosis, hospital admission  and the correct treatment(s) which we are far from on top of.

Or possibly how and which deaths are reported by individual states??

Just now, Yellow Bear said:

Or possibly how and which deaths are reported by individual states??

Quite, I work to the assumption that all the European countries save for the Germans will be significantly cooking their books because that’s what they do in every other respect.

Whilst there is some fog in the German stats they do appear more focused on individual treatment and catching problem cases early and this saving lives.

If you phone 111, unless you are coughing up blood or have a recognised and diagnosed co-morbidity then they will just mug you off with paracetamol and lots of fluids. However if you have falling blood O2 levels (which they can’t assess over the phone) then neither you nor they will know you have falling O2 levels and by the time you twig, it’s too late, you will be in the grip of the virus and the best the quacks can offer you is a ventilator and a startlingly low chance of recovery.

We might never know the true figures from our own country never mind any of the others. I do think we are trying to be reasonably honest about it, yet still prevent panic in the streets so to speak. But as i said before i think its bleak just the same.

Just now, lancer425 said:

We might never know the true figures from our own country never mind any of the others. I do think we are trying to be reasonably honest about it, yet still prevent panic in the streets so to speak. But as i said before i think its bleak just the same.

I think it’s beyond bleak and here’s why - no one wants to tempt the gods but if you look at how many people are in this country, how many have had it and survived and how many have had it and died and who were under 70 years of age, well the odds are in your favour - it’s really nasty flu and we all know how many die each year just with boring normal flu.

The real effect is that there will be 10% unemployment as a minimum by this time next year, there will be no chance of getting a job and the government won’t have any money. This combination will have far reaching effects on the country and society beyond the 7 deaths in 1 million people.

30 minutes ago, Mungler said:

1. the virus is inescapable and until there is a working vaccine it looks like everyone will get it at some point.

3. We are actually in the honeymoon phase and this is all still new. When the money runs out (and it will run out quite soon) and there is then mass unemployment, poverty and a recession the likes of which no one will have ever seen before we will look back at the lockdown and wonder was it all worth it (and still having regard to 2, above and despite the gloom the NHS has capacity and the beds in the nightingale empty).

Or too many people not observing the rules because they're too special - even though its becoming well known they are much more affected - can't think of the PC way to speak freely within forum rules so lets go no further down that road.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

More people are dying because more are getting infected 

delay in treatment due to the 111 system keeping you outside the system (and statistics) 

according to the statistics the death toll is falling however the infection rate is up 

53 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Quite, I work to the assumption that all the European countries save for the Germans will be significantly cooking their books because that’s what they do in every other respect.

Whilst there is some fog in the German stats they do appear more focused on individual treatment and catching problem cases early and this saving lives.

If you phone 111, unless you are coughing up blood or have a recognised and diagnosed co-morbidity then they will just mug you off with paracetamol and lots of fluids. However if you have falling blood O2 levels (which they can’t assess over the phone) then neither you nor they will know you have falling O2 levels and by the time you twig, it’s too late, you will be in the grip of the virus and the best the quacks can offer you is a ventilator and a startlingly low chance of recovery.

But you can’t say that as the NHS are wonderful. God forbid that they have ****** it up and are one of the reasons for the high death rate (another example being sending home patients with confirmed CV-19 back to care homes without telling the care home). 

12 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Or too many people not observing the rules because they're too special - even though its becoming well known they are much more affected - can't think of the PC way to speak freely within forum rules so lets go no further down that road.

My sentiments exactly. If they dint get a grip, we are not going to do this. Not going to be convinced until one of their own is not here any more. Standing at that funeral they can contemplate their attitudes at their leisure, and for the rest of their natural.   Catch it working its  what it is if you genuinely had no option. So be it. Same with shopping if you had to go you copped for it, The covid snipers got ya you are a hero. If you feel you must go a walk ok you must. sane again legitimate contraction. But 12 inch a part in the B&Q line for The emulsion because she did not like the white. NO Wrong. Plumbing fitting because you got trouble in bathroom. Legitimate casualty.

If everybody treated this like we were metaphoricaly under fire from some cyber game sniper. which we effectively are more at risk we can not see this. we would not have the casualty/ cases  rate rising anything like it is now.

Its their funeral or a loved one or yours or mine. But remember dont tell these special people what to do. OH no. Thats worse than killing people that is. .

JUST SAYIN! . LOL

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

It is being reported that following lifting the lockdown, Germany is seeing a rise in transmissions https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8304961/New-coronavirus-infections-accelerate-Germany.html

:lol:Like no one saw that one coming did they. Dig deep its going to be a stormy night. We the world is not going to do this without we stop infecting one another, we will do that when we stop mixing with one another unless we absolutely can not do any other.

People need to take on board their lives are not going to be quite the same as before. And Death is kind of final and its here, there is a killer on the loose vits everywhere and its got the potential to take your life or your loved ones. Follow the guidance, or folow the facebook rebels. but remember non compliance could cause the death of a totally innocent person. If a person is good with that carry on. Hey the statistics will back you up may be / probably / perhaps or may be not.

This is looking more hopeful, although it looks like the virus is resting up in care homes, nursing homes and hospitals which is historically what happens with nasty viruses. Saying that we can probably add cruise ships to that list now.

We all have to get our heads round what happens after lockdown is eased because it will and soon. We also have to think what we’re going to do when flu season comes around again and that’s not that many months away.

If you can stay at home on your own resources and not need or take a penny off the state, then go for it, it’s a free country. However, and given the 2020 flu season is 6 months away and there will be no other state funded furlough, then we have to start talking about what next.

F97D238A-9231-4B9B-9A04-66D6E88897C9.png

Edited by Mungler

8 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb.html

THEY HAVEN’T

Why oh why are we relying on hearsay and media rather than checking directly.....

Because thats what people do these days, the media is there its posting its got to be right, plant a seed of doubt to suit their political persuasion and who knows Agenda. and watch it flourish. I said this earlier in the week, press gets muzzled in war, we are technically on a war footing. we have to get our nation out of this with less loss of life and damage. The media is undermining the governments position and compromising our country.

37 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

My sentiments exactly. If they dint get a grip, we are not going to do this. Not going to be convinced until one of their own is not here any more. Standing at that funeral they can contemplate their attitudes at their leisure, and for the rest of their natural.   Catch it working its  what it is if you genuinely had no option. So be it. Same with shopping if you had to go you copped for it, The covid snipers got ya you are a hero. If you feel you must go a walk ok you must. sane again legitimate contraction. But 12 inch a part in the B&Q line for The emulsion because she did not like the white. NO Wrong. Plumbing fitting because you got trouble in bathroom. Legitimate casualty.

If everybody treated this like we were metaphoricaly under fire from some cyber game sniper. which we effectively are more at risk we can not see this. we would not have the casualty/ cases  rate rising anything like it is now.

Its their funeral or a loved one or yours or mine. But remember dont tell these special people what to do. OH no. Thats worse than killing people that is. .

JUST SAYIN! . LOL

I think you need to get a grip, I really do. You almost seem hysterical! 

Just now, Scully said:

I think you need to get a grip, I really do. You almost seem hysterical! 

Frustrated is the word at the stupidity and recklessness of the masses. Add the media feeding the chimps and we are where we are.  Just because you can, You know. Does not mean to say you should. The fact is common sense should prevail, but sadly its lacking in too many.  There needs to be less infections end of story. How are you going to bring that about then . hey. ?

Said in a very quitet matter of fact i told you so voice just for absolute clarity.

But you can’t stop it until there’s a vaccine. That’s the whole point.

And your answer is lock down the whole country? What, for 6 months? That’s back into the flu season. For a year until there’s a vaccine? That’s end of days and martial law right there.

Edited by Mungler

I’m not sure why you think it’s up to me to suggest a method to bring about a reduction in infections; I’m a painter not a scientist. 🙂

I doubt there’ll be less infections until a vaccine is developed, and don’t forget we’ll have a spike to contend with when the annual flu virus hits later this year. Meanwhile I intend to get on with my life as best I can; growing hysterical isn’t going to change anything. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure why you think it’s up to me to suggest a method to bring about a reduction in infections; I’m a painter not a scientist. 🙂

I doubt there’ll be less infections until a vaccine is developed, and don’t forget we’ll have a spike to contend with when the annual flu virus hits later this year. Meanwhile I intend to get on with my life as best I can; growing hysterical isn’t going to change anything. 

Here’s the problem not for you but for others 

you can get on with your life a massive amount of people can’t 

because they are trying to keep the infection rate down