LIFTING THE LOCKDOWN!

lancer425

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, toontastic said:

IF they can't develop a vaccine are we going to just go on permanent lockdown. I hear more and more people saying they shouldn't have to return to work until there's a vaccine and they should continue to receive wages (nice work if you can get it)

Nail on head; everyone is drunk on government support but forgetting that the government doesn’t have any money and only spends our money.

We are in the honeymoon stage and the economic impact hasn’t landed.

Don't forget there are kids that need an education...

The lockdown will be lifted and we have to work out what next and get back to work.

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

Don't forget there are kids that need an education...

Funnily enough it was a couple of teachers who were saying they should be allowed to stay off work on full pay until a vaccine is developed. 

Then I saw a scientist saying that a vaccine could be anywhere between a few months to whenever.

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I was not aware that they had re-opened.

The mc Donald's quote was my fault. Where I live mc Donald's,burger king and KFC are all adjacent.  Other two opened for drive through and complete chaos. I made a mistake and got Burger King confused with McDonalds. All three are places I do not frequent. 

16 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Here’s the problem not for you but for others 

you can get on with your life a massive amount of people can’t 

because they are trying to keep the infection rate down 

You make it sound as if I'm being negligent, or in fact spreading infection, whereas I'm doing neither. I have a living to make and a life to live, I'm doing both as best I can. It's not my fault I live very rurally while others don't, and I fail to see what I'm achieving by sitting at home. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

You make it sound as if I'm being negligent, or in fact spreading infection, whereas I'm doing neither. I have a living to make and a life to live, I'm doing both as best I can. It's not my fault I live very rurally while others don't, and I fail to see what I'm achieving by sitting at home. 

Indeed, I’ve had to go to work and the wife has had to go shopping - she’s pretty deadly when angry so I couldn’t hand on heart say she hasn’t killed anyone. 

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Thats my outlook on it all as well . I am in a similar situation  I had a mild case of C-19 just before lock down and was off for 2 weeks then back to work  self isolating  on site.

Well that was a damp squib. I think we are all ****** now. If I had any hope left that the economy wasn’t going to be completely toasted that has now been dashed. 

Watch for the banks to start crashing.  

24 minutes ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure why you think it’s up to me to suggest a method to bring about a reduction in infections; I’m a painter not a scientist. 🙂

I doubt there’ll be less infections until a vaccine is developed, and don’t forget we’ll have a spike to contend with when the annual flu virus hits later this year. Meanwhile I intend to get on with my life as best I can; growing hysterical isn’t going to change anything. 

Because scully my old mucker "sorry thats more north west than north east" . You have answers for your own life but not others. You might not infect a living soul in your work, but we are looking at 1/4 million cases nearly, and watching lifted lockdowns in other countries showing rising tolls, and yet we are contemplating lifting restrictions here and stood in lines outside B&Q . Stood next to one another buying plants and out in the sun at the coat. its frustrating to say the least.

I do not want to be locked down forever, but the fact SOME are deciding no one can stop them breaking guidelines they selfishly go about their business doing what they want. We are not only looking at no end to this, but the distinctly unenviable task of, having to suffer more infections, and possibly our own safety at risk just because of a bunch of people who don’t want the government telling them what to do on a nice spring day.

Sorry but call me old fissioned if you like, but i think its Wrong. That people should behave this way, we all live in this society. We are led by the government we should follow the letter of the law exactly. Not cheery pick the parts we feel palatable and ignore the rest.

The number of infections could fall if we isolate, has many have been, but the fact is not all have, or have been fudging avoiding guidance because they can.

Its  unlikely we will all get onside with this, disappointing yes but not entirely unexpected. But really i am of the opinion "if you agree with me or not is of no consequence to me". that some of us need to try harder .

We can not make it to a vaccine i doubt. So its get with the plan folks,  or accept the deaths . ?  I feel the latter is the way its going to go. Just not feeling the compliance / will to beat this.

All said in honeyed tones in a broad Lincolnshire accent . Just in case you pin the mad professor badge on me again.  :lol:

Travel to parks ,

let  the chaos commence, all points apart from the quarantine are open to interpretation ,

which parks can can I travel to?? The one in Inverness ? As long as I keep to social distancing etc ?

*** give us some proper answers 

flynny

4 minutes ago, AVB said:

Well that was a damp squib. I think we are all ****** now. If I had any hope left that the economy wasn’t going to be completely toasted that has now been dashed. 

Watch for the banks to start crashing.  

Tell me Lloyds is alright 😆

On a serious note I went through in my head which businesses / sectors weren’t going to make it out of this and I got halfway and scared myself silly.

Anything to do with travel - airlines, airports, agencies, hotels, whole towns. Anything to do with retail including a couple of the massive shopping centres. Swathes of manufacturing - I don’t see anyone coughing for a new conservatory anytime soon etc. And the list goes on and on...

No content!!!! Boris all gob and no trousers. 

Stay alert :lol:

Go to work and avoid public transport as capacity is limited (how, where, what, when).

Social distance if you can and if you can't use ppe (what, where, when) 

Quaranteen for new arrivals (what where when who).

4 nations in lock step. 

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

Tell me Lloyds is alright 😆

On a serious note I went through in my head which businesses / sectors weren’t going to make it out of this and I got halfway and scared myself silly.

Anything to do with travel - airlines, airports, agencies, hotels, whole towns. Anything to do with retail including a couple of the massive shopping centres. Swathes of manufacturing - I don’t see anyone coughing for a new conservatory anytime soon etc. And the list goes on and on...

I think it’s quicker to think of the industries that will make it. Pharmaceuticals. That’s about it. But then nobody will be able to afford drugs (including the NHS as nobody will be funding it) so they will crash as well. 

2 minutes ago, flynny said:

Travel to parks ,

let  the chaos commence, all points apart from the quarantine are open to interpretation ,

which parks can can I travel to?? The one in Inverness ? As long as I keep to social distancing etc ?

*** give us some proper answers 

flynny

There’s a 50 page document to fill in the blanks

Did you expect every scenario to be explored?

I personally understand the message and it seems sensible to me.