New update on BASC Website

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the young are surprising sometimes they can be most inspiring both of mine are the best thing i ever had daughter is purchasing her second property all from her own hard work i must have done something right 

:unhappy:My daughter is a smashing lass, when she was young she was fantastic. Tom boy was shooting fishing On the motorbikes. Great. Hormones kicked in, its been like her brains went out the other ear when hormones came in.

And her and her mum when they get going its non stop, not fighting , but arguing annoyingly its clear where the term bitching comes from . Its so constant and non stop its like its a badly written play. and can be for little if anything. I have to walk out because i start laughing then i am in the wrong.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

My daughter is a smashing lass, when she was young she was fantastic. Tom boy was shooting fishing On the motorbikes. Great. Hormones kicked in, its been like her brains went out the other ear when hormones came in.

And her and her mum when they get going its non stop, not fighting , but arguing annoyingly its clear where the term bitching comes from . Its so constant and non stop its like its a badly written play. and can be for little if anything. I have to walk out because i start laughing then i am in the wrong.

the hormones turned mine into a boy racer wrote several cars of having fired the rubbish did miss out on the female rows though not that it stopped her having a good go with me at times as she has my rebellious streak 

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Now you are starting to concern me. I understood we were able to travel where we wanted with regard to our exercise, we were able to take part in sports including but not exclusively golf and fishing. i though the term was outdoor activity in one report i read some where. Now fair enough i have not re4ad the 50 page document. But I genuinely felt we were ok to go. you can even take part in these activities with a member of another household but not travel in same car.

Could you please give us more datails of the cautionary advice in your post. I am not saying your not telling it as you see it or indeed it may well be but please could you show your reasoning for the advice.

The way I understand it as far as travel go's is you can now drive any distance as long as you return to your house the same day , these rules might be different if you cross the border into Wales and Scotland , where I am I don't need to worry about crossing the border so as soon as enough Pigeons warrant a go on the Peas I will be there knowing I don't have to answer to anyone . Good luck and stay alert

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Now you are starting to concern me. I understood we were able to travel where we wanted with regard to our exercise, we were able to take part in sports including but not exclusively golf and fishing. i though the term was outdoor activity in one report i read some where. Now fair enough i have not re4ad the 50 page document. But I genuinely felt we were ok to go. you can even take part in these activities with a member of another household but not travel in same car.

Could you please give us more datails of the cautionary advice in your post. I am not saying your not telling it as you see it or indeed it may well be but please could you show your reasoning for the advice.

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-covid-19/2020/05/12/cpsa-statement-on-the-opening-of-grounds-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/5411

The quote I posted was copy and pasted from Nichola Heron's Facebook page who is on the board of the CPSA, nothing I wrote.

Edited by Perazzishot

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I've seen somewhere that car sharing is now allowed, and get this, ONLY if windows are down. I'll see if I can find it.

I think it also said passengers should face away from each other 

Yes ... this was the advice given to key workers who couldn’t get into work otherwise.

Seems @Smokersmith is correct, it is essential workers.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-8200123/Critical-workers-colleagues-lift-government-rule-U-turn.html

But this is the first article I see on Facebook. Now I know why I thought it was a joke, it was in the Daily Fail, I don't think it mentioned essential workers. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8313605/Car-sharing-allowed-lockdown-Britain.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Edited by Newbie to this

Not shooting related but i'm in a quandry at the moment,i'm in Scotland,myself & my gf want to travel 30 miles to visit a late friends grave & clean up a memorial sculpture we had made which watches over him,it's a metal sculpture,i need to take step ladders & tools so we can't ride our bikes there,we'd need to travel in my car,myself & the gf do not live together,would i be correct in assuming that we'd be breaking the law by travelling together in the same car?,i'm aware that this was a definite no-no recently under lockdown rules but the rules have changed from today,i cannot find any clarity regarding this & i know that the Scottish rules may be different from those in England,Wales & Ireland,can anyone offer advice please?,maybe i should just call the police & ask them?

21 minutes ago, 51/50 said:

Not shooting related but i'm in a quandry at the moment,i'm in Scotland,myself & my gf want to travel 30 miles to visit a late friends grave & clean up a memorial sculpture we had made which watches over him,it's a metal sculpture,i need to take step ladders & tools so we can't ride our bikes there,we'd need to travel in my car,myself & the gf do not live together,would i be correct in assuming that we'd be breaking the law by travelling together in the same car?,i'm aware that this was a definite no-no recently under lockdown rules but the rules have changed from today,i cannot find any clarity regarding this & i know that the Scottish rules may be different from those in England,Wales & Ireland,can anyone offer advice please?,maybe i should just call the police & ask them?

I believe nothing has changed in Scotland, and I don't think it would be possible in England either, essential workers car sharing to and from work is all that is allowed I believe.

1 hour ago, 51/50 said:

I think you must live in the same house, to travel together. and only one person is supposed to go shopping, but not sure if two from same house can travel, if one car occupant stays in the car. If Scotland i think restricted on range and what you can do as we were here prior to the changes this morning.

1 hour ago, mossy835 said:

BASC, web site as from today you can go shooting.they are phoning all police .to say as long as we follow guid lines.

That is how i understood it, but what is with the CPSA  Complication, ?

5 hours ago, clangerman said:

unfortunately the numbskull posting business cards in everybody’s letter box yesterday tops that if she has the virus half the householders are probably infected now the madness continues lol 

What about the postman then? :)

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

he’s a necessary means of sending me the bills that are sat on the stairs unopened idiots drumming up business are not necessary or wanted 

Just had someone from a certain community, knock at the door to see if I wanted my, nigh on brand new driveway redoing or failing that do I want to sell him my van for a good price.

12 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Just had someone from a certain community, knock at the door to see if I wanted my, nigh on brand new driveway redoing or failing that do I want to sell him my van for a good price.

How else are they going to check out what you don't secure really well?  :eh:

30 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the fact you have a almost new drive tells you to lock the place up like fort knox or tighter 

:good:

30 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, lets hope it goes ok, :good:

21 minutes ago, London Best said:

No legal minimum, but I recommend 7mm minimum for that particular species.

:lol:

2 hours ago, lancer425 said:

I think you must live in the same house, to travel together. and only one person is supposed to go shopping, but not sure if two from same house can travel, if one car occupant stays in the car. If Scotland i think restricted on range and what you can do as we were here prior to the changes this morning.

That is how i understood it, but what is with the CPSA  Complication, ?

Lancer they know people as do BASC who have had their licences revoked during lockdown, what they are advising is until clarity in writing that shooting of any kind is permitted they are advising their members not to risk non essential travel with a gun in the car which is still the current advice. If you are going out for pest control on request of the landowner that is different. They still seem 100% sure recreational shooting is covered!