Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are some short memories on here no end of people accepted it was ok for dummings to use HIS so called instinct to break the rules but now the misguided protesters USE theirs to protest it’s not ok just the sort of thing they are protesting for EQUALITY! 

5 minutes ago, clangerman said:

there are some short memories on here no end of people accepted it was ok for dummings to use HIS so called instinct to break the rules but now the misguided protesters USE theirs to protest it’s not ok just the sort of thing they are protesting for EQUALITY! 

Are you deliberately being shallow? Cummingd kept to his family unit - the BLM ******* are gathering in tight groups and sitting together on coaches - that have likely been laid on for them by some lefty group.

5 minutes ago, clangerman said:

There are some short memories on here; no end of people accepted it was ok for Cummings ....

No short memory (in this case anyway) - I remember it quite clearly.  Cummings did not get in close proximity with anyone outside his own family unit and put no one at risk.

9 minutes ago, clangerman said:

So why don’t we all just ignore C-19 and follow the protesters example, you mentioned sheep in one of your earlier posts, well now you are saying if Cummings broke the rules why not follow him.:no:

Just now, Dave-G said:

that have likely been laid on for them by some lefty group.

There are no doubt some of the more extreme elements who would love another peak - and see it as yet another valliant attempt to bring down the elected government in their 'class struggle'.  Same sort of people who claimed they wished Johnson hadn't recovered.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

No short memory (in this case anyway) - I remember it quite clearly.  Cummings did not get in close proximity with anyone outside his own family unit and put no one at risk.

so what do you call taking a so called test drive with a small child and woman on board knowing there maybe something wrong with his eyesight and if you say responsible i’m going to laugh 

Just now, clangerman said:

if you say responsible i’m going to laugh 

You can laugh all you like.  Cummings went out in the car with his wife and child - his own family unit.  No risk to anyone from any virus.  He was obviously being careful about whether is eyesight was OK.  That was after all the purpose of the exercise.  Had he had any doubts about his eyesight, he would probably have stopped and suggested his wife drive back home.

Can't see any problem.  Not the best thing to do, possibly, but hardly a major risk to many many lives - which these demos most certainly are.  Totally different scenario.

1 minute ago, clangerman said:

the point is being missed here these people are wrong and misguided but they have the same right to use their instinct as dummings or we are hypocrites so which is it same rules for all or just for those we support 

Cummings didn't put others at risk.  He was unwise - but he DIDN'T RISK LIVES.

These people are RISKING MANY LIVES including their own, NHS lives, other general public lives.  (and I'm glad you do see that it is "wrong and misguided").  They are also risking a second peak, bringing on a second lockdown, more job losses, greater economic damage.

Not the same thing at all - and no one is being hypocritical.

The lockdown is effectively over. The government effectively chose their man over public safety. That’s fine, but I think we have to accept it’s individual moral choice to adhere to the lockdown. The protesters are choosing to ignore the lockdown, again that’s fine. It became a moral decision. I am following the lockdown to try and protect my family as best I can. 

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

You can laugh all you like.  Cummings went out in the car with his wife and child - his own family unit.  No risk to anyone from any virus.  He was obviously being careful about whether is eyesight was OK.  That was after all the purpose of the exercise.  Had he had any doubts about his eyesight, he would probably have stopped and suggested his wife drive back home.

Can't see any problem.  Not the best thing to do, possibly, but hardly a major risk to many many lives - which these demos most certainly are.  Totally different scenario.

there is nothing wrong with my hearing boris himself clearly stated using his instinct was acceptable who is anyone including myself to make the call these misguided people should not be out there using theirs or are you telling me boris was wrong 

The BLM demonstrators don’t care about any LIFE fact !

Spreading a killer virus 🦠 that will kill many more by way of gathering, quite ironic really

Thousands marching cannot be stopped and cannot lay the blame at the government doors if there’s a second wave 

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

The protesters are choosing to ignore the lockdown, again that’s fine.

I can't agree with that because they are putting innocent lives at risk.  That isn't fine by me.  I also don't think the Cummings affair altered anyone's decision to attend the protest.

1 minute ago, WalkedUp said:

I am following the lockdown to try and protect my family as best I can.

As indeed am I and I hope we are both successful.

11 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the point is being missed here these people are wrong and misguided but they have the same right to use their instinct as dummings or we are hypocrites so which is it same rules for all or just for those we support 

Ok Cummings broke the rules, but do they need to follow like sheep and do has he did? You are correct they are “wrong and misguided” but they have brain, C-19 has not gone away and I like others are in the danger age bracket, I want this virus gone, not spread about the country by selfish morons, like Cummings and the protestors.  

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

there is nothing wrong with my hearing boris himself clearly stated using his instinct was acceptable who is anyone including myself to make the call these misguided people should not be out there using theirs or are you telling me boris was wrong 

I really have no idea what you are talking about!

Cummings acted within his own family unit (on his own instinct) keeping isolated - NO ONES LIVES WERE RISKED

These protesters ARE RISKING LIVES - their own, other peoples, nurses, doctors, general public - not to mention another lockdown, peoples jobs, economic damage.

Totally different situations.

I have explained my views as clearly as I can.  You don't agree, so we will have to agree to differ.

Just now, old'un said:

Ok Cummings broke the rules, but do they need to follow like sheep and do has he did? You are correct they are “wrong and misguided” but they have brain, C-19 has not gone away and I like others are in the danger age bracket, I want this virus gone, not spread about the country by selfish morons, like Cummings and the protestors.  

with my health i’m the last person who wants them out there everyone stuck up for dummings but NOW it suits them these people are wrong and thanks your one of the few people honest enough to admit he broke the rules good on you 

7 hours ago, The Heron said:

It should now be named obm ( only blacks matter) do black people really think that my life as a white man has been an absolute dream with no predjudice in my life with no threat to my person because it certainly hasn't been like that, they need to realise that its not solely about them instead of rioting and looting why don't they get organised and use the opportunity this November to vote out the man they hate and vote in the one they want o sorry they did that with Obama and still they were not happy. 

There's no pleasing some people. 

I've often THOUGHT the reason BAME are the most affected is because they feel they don't need to observe our culture or rules etc and ignore social distance advice, but have held off saying it because of the comments it would attract on here and elsewhere.

The behaviour of BLM protests rather endorses that thought.

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I really have no idea what you are talking about!

Cummings acted within his own family unit (on his own instinct) keeping isolated - NO ONES LIVES WERE RISKED

These protesters ARE RISKING LIVES - their own, other peoples, nurses, doctors, general public - not to mention another lockdown, peoples jobs, economic damage.

Totally different situations.

I have explained my views as clearly as I can.  You don't agree, so we will have to agree to differ.

fair enough we just have different opinions all views matter lol 

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

with my health i’m the last person who wants them out there everyone stuck up for dummings but NOW it suits them these people are wrong and thanks your one of the few people honest enough to admit he broke the rules good on you 

Well why don’t you say the same about the protesters they are also wrong.

10 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I can't agree with that because they are putting innocent lives at risk.  That isn't fine by me.  I also don't think the Cummings affair altered anyone's decision to attend the protest.

As indeed am I and I hope we are both successful.

Ok I agree with you to be fair, I was probably being too flippant. 

1 minute ago, old'un said:

Well why don’t you say the same about the protesters they are also wrong.

i already said they are both wrong and misguided they should protest about a badge being abused to mistreat ALL people not just someone who is black 

7 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i already said they are both wrong and misguided they should protest about a badge being abused to mistreat ALL people not just someone who is black 

I am not talking about what they are protesting about but the very fact that they are protesting and possibly spreading the virus, there should be no large gathering of people, they should not be there.

Just now, old'un said:

I am not talking about what they are protesting about but the very fact that they are protesting and possibly spreading the virus, there should be no large gathering of people, they should not be there.

there is no larger gathering than the daily commute i don’t want them out there at the moment but i’m not going to make excuses to stop them when in my opinion we are opening every thing up far to soon 

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

so what do you call taking a so called test drive with a small child and woman on board knowing there maybe something wrong with his eyesight and if you say responsible i’m going to laugh 

And why not,  you manage to keep most of us amused  !