Demonstrations in london

TRINITY

27 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

On the basis of what I have underlined above - I don't believe what Dominic Cummings did was relevant to these people's actions in any way whatsoever.  It may be used as an excuse - but they would have attended even if Dominic Cummings had never left his London house.  I quote "have no regard for the law or any conscience on how their actions might affect others."

They are out to cause trouble - nothing more, nothing less.

I had not realised that and will not mention it further.

Well said , you have summed it up as it is .

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

On the basis of what I have underlined above - I don't believe what Dominic Cummings did was relevant to these people's actions in any way whatsoever.  It may be used as an excuse - but they would have attended even if Dominic Cummings had never left his London house.  I quote "have no regard for the law or any conscience on how their actions might affect others."

They are out to cause trouble - nothing more, nothing less.

I did qualify the part you quoted with "especially those", whilst I believe you are right for the majority, I suspect some were swayed by it.

I also believe that only a subset of those who "have no regard for the law or any conscience on how their actions might affect others" attended the demo looking to cause trouble.

That is part of the problem these days, it's almost impossible to have a peaceful protest or demonstration without troublemakers who have zero interest in the actual cause turning up and ruining it. They may well be the likes of ER currently but there have been plenty of other before them sadly.

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

I suspect some were swayed by it.

I very much doubt that - generally people who go on these demonstrations are not easily 'swayed'.  They are into 'demonstrations', generally regardless of the the underlying causes or reasons for the demonstration.  Extinction Rebellion, Anti Capitalist, Anti Gulf war, Anti Nuclear - the same people are there at all of these (unless it is the day they had to collect their benefits).  Basically society's dregs.

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I also believe that only a subset of those who "have no regard for the law or any conscience on how their actions might affect others" attended the demo looking to cause trouble.

That may be true - and they hijack most demonstrations - but EVERYONE there knew that would happen ......... because it always does.

6 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

That is part of the problem these days, it's almost impossible to have a peaceful protest or demonstration without troublemakers who have zero interest in the actual cause turning up and ruining it.

And there you have it.  I entirely agree (I do that occasionally!!)

7 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

They may well be the likes of ER currently but there have been plenty of other before them sadly.

They are life's disgruntled protesters.  They are always lurking looking for 'issues' to stir up into protests with the aim of disrupting the vast majority who want a civilised society with an elected government.  Not a million miles from the old anarchists.  Whether the subject is miners strikes, Grunwick, ER, Climate change, CND, anti war, anti capitalist, anti poll tax, anti Iraq war .......... same faces - often including Corbyn, MacDonnell, McLusky, Anthony Wedgewood Benn (Tony Benn) and those who have spent a lifetime living from benefits, or other peoples earnings in one way or another.

Just now, JohnfromUK said:

I very much doubt that - generally people who go on these demonstrations are not easily 'swayed'.  They are into 'demonstrations', generally regardless of the the underlying causes or reasons for the demonstration.  Extinction Rebellion, Anti Capitalist, Anti Gulf war, Anti Nuclear - the same people are there at all of these (unless it is the day they had to collect their benefits).  Basically society's dregs.

And there you have it.  I entirely agree (I do that occasionally!!)

Well it's certainly preferable to agree whenever possible.

I do think you are generalising with the above though, are you seriously suggesting nobody present at the demos was there because they passionately believe in racial inequality and discrimination?

Just now, Raja Clavata said:

I do think you are generalising with the above though, are you seriously suggesting nobody present at the demos was there because they passionately believe in racial inequality and discrimination?

They may well have believed "in racial inequality and discrimination" and its elimination.  But they were mainly there for a 'demonstration' - causing trouble, having a day out leading to a riot, property damaged, police injured, - it is what they do in all cases.  The cause isn't important to them - its the demonstration that matters.

The TRUTH is that to any right thinking person - ALL lives matter - equally.  They are 'demonstrating about '(Black) Lives Matter'  ......... and putting lives including many black lives at risk.  The people who are behind this very clearly don't give much about 'lives mattering' or they wouldn't be there.  Their actions will not save a single life - but may cost several.

As you have said about these demos

27 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

it's almost impossible to have a peaceful protest or demonstration without troublemakers who have zero interest in the actual cause turning up and ruining it

Everyone knew that was the case - and the responsible life saving thing (if you really want to save lives) was to avoid it and stay away.

14 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Last week or the week before the Bame lot were speaking out how Covid 19 affects them more and needed to be investigated?? The whole thing is new and unknown. 

So how is it a good idea to go and meet up thousands strong, start some rioting??

I agree with John, they just turned up for a laugh, to stick two fingers up at the government,  even though in a few weeks time the hospital admissions could be through the roof, not only that where did all these people travel from? Let's go on a jolly and help spread the virus, absolute muppets the lot of them.

I'd love to know how many people there were on benefits or on the Furlough scheme,  it would be great if using mobile phone technology the individuals there could be identified and have all payments stopped.

We can't go to a relative's house, weddings are cancelled,  businesses are going to close, the country is effectively at a standstill waiting to see when we can get back to normal,  but this lot think it's fine to meet up, riot then go home, probably extending the problems the country is facing. 

Honestly it boils my $$$$

9 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Let's go on a jolly and help spread the virus,

I don't know how many were there (they says 'tens of thousands' at the various demos about UK), but to ease numbers for some 'back of envelope' type estimates, say 30,000 people.

They say at present about 1 in 1000 people may be an 'infector', and so there were maybe 30 'infectors' there.  Without social distancing etc, the 'R' rate is roughly 3 in that each infector infects 3 others, so that is 100 who may have got infected.  Of those, maybe 10 to 20 or so might get ill to the extent of requiring hospitalisation - and of those, it is quite likely that one or two may die.  But these hundred will also have passed the virus on - and if they practice social distancing with R about say 0.7, will infect another 70 people - with no social distancing maybe another 300 .......... and so it goes on spiralling out of control - and they have the brass neck to use the phrase 'lives matter' .........

9 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Honestly it boils my $$$$

Mine too.

3 hours ago, amateur said:

I was sent this. It is rather lengthy, but I think pertinent 

Now she is , articulate,  intelligent,  honest , decent , and brave , she the one that people of all colours should admire , not George Floyd. 

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

Now she is , articulate,  intelligent,  honest , decent , and brave , she the one that people of all colours should admire , not George Floyd. 

You are right - but because she is a Republican and supports Trump, roughly half of America will write her off without even listening - but that is (as I understand it) American politics.  Don't confuse me with facts because my mind is made up.  (We are all a bit like that anyway!)

49 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

That's why I posted her.

Not to mention that she is easier on the eye than most lefties 😁

while i agree that these morons are out to cause trouble the main issue is ALL LIVES MATTER  but after seeing bikes thrown at the police and their horse i wonder how much further can these people lower themselves.they seem to revel in trouble and mayhem and will no doubt find them on the demos for re animal rights and whatever demos they can find. but it would be interesting to find out who is furloughed on benifits while the rest of us have to think of the future health and monetary wise and they are spreading the virus BUT DO THEY CARE ?NO because normal life is not for them  ALL LIVES MATTER THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOULD THINK ABOUT NOT THEIR OWN AGENDA AND WILL THE ANIMAL WELFARE GROUPS CONDEM THEM THROWING OBJECTS AT THE HORSES    NO IT IS NOT ON THEIR AGENDA ONLY DEMOS TO CAUSE MAYHEM AND SPREAD THE VIRUS 

Came across this poem, no idea who wrote it.

I won’t kneel with the masses,

I won’t be told my fate,

By people who hijack tragedy,

To perpetuate their hate. 

Don’t you shout Black Lives Matter,

Whilst running through the streets,

When your people are burning Foot Locker,

Stealing Nikes for their feet. 

Don’t dance on The Cenotaph,

Like it’s Carnival or Mardi Gras,

That sacred granite edifice,

Marks people who died in war. 

How dare you besiege Number 10,

This isn’t even our fight,

If you want to go and protest,

Get a 4,000 mile flight. 

Social distancing flouted,

Police punched in the face,

Missiles hurled at Downing Street.,

This isn’t about race. 

It’s rent-a-mob and anarchists,

Versus police led by lambs,

They just stand there and take it,

Lefty Cressida tied their hands. 

Meanwhile America’s burning,

It’s a tragedy we all agree, 

That George Floyd lost his life,

For all the world to see. 

Justice must take its course,

The cop has lost his job,

Now he faces twelve good and true,

Not a braying mob. 

So Monday I won’t be kneeling,

I won’t even bow my head,

Because someone I don’t even know,

Has wound up dead. 

An armed robber and a felon,

In and out of jail,

As a model citizen,

He was a total fail. 

I’ll weep for whom I choose to,

I’ll say where and when,

Not because a lifelong offender,

Bought it in the end. 

I don’t condone the officers,

They rightly face the wrath,

But ask me to kneel for a criminal?

Don’t make me laugh. 

You can keep your lefty rhetoric,

Your dismantling of our state,

It’s BLM not Middle England,

That’s peddling the hate.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

Who would take a piece of rope that long and that strong to pull a statue down on a demonstration, unless it was planned from the off.:hmm:

The lefties have been trying to get the Colston statue removed for ages.  He was a BIG benefactor to Bristol, but did make his money in the (then completely legal) slave trade.  The POlice will have known this was a risk, but presumably chose to leave alone.

1 minute ago, mad1 said:

does his life matter

As I said earlier, these are 'dedicated' anarchists were seeing within the mobs here.  Effectively professional trouble makers.  I suspect that the various "Government Agencies" will know who they are.  They don't have respect for others lives.

4 minutes ago, clangerman said:

just shows how misguided SOME of these people are both colston and his hall should remain as a shame to the town for profiting from the death and misery of others the council has been looking for a excuse to remove colston now they have one 

Just saw that. I hope the Police have captured the video and press for prosecution.

27 minutes ago, clangerman said:

just shows how misguided SOME of these people are both colston and his hall should remain as a shame to the town for profiting from the death and misery of others the council has been looking for a excuse to remove colston now they have one 

How so? Did it happen last week?

Or did it happen at a time when it was happening everywhere? Doesn't mean it's right but it happened a long time ago, we can't take down everything that someone doesn't like there wouldn't be anything left.

About time the water cannons were brought out.