Danish Mask Study

treetree

14 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

If I were in power not only would I make the vaccine (and all other vaccines) compulsory, I would also erect guard towers in all towns and cities, anyone seen without wearing a mask or not socially distancing gets a rubber bullet to the nuts.  Same treatment would apply to any man carrying a handbag / wearing skinny jeans / having a man bun 

And anyone against hunting/shooting rounded up and put into camps. As well as anyone with a different religion. Obese people too.

it would costs loads to keep them though. So may as well just kill them all. Gas chambers would probably be cheapest. 

Oh hang on, didn’t work for hitler...

https://www.facebook.com/unlockedunitedkingdom/videos/409747283542470/?vh=e

Ill leave this link for anyone who can can be bothered. It’s the ex Vice President of Pfizer drug company. So he has a fair idea what he’s on about.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

And anyone against hunting/shooting rounded up and put into camps. As well as anyone with a different religion. Obese people too.

it would costs loads to keep them though. So may as well just kill them all. Gas chambers would probably be cheapest. 

Oh hang on, didn’t work for hitler...

https://www.facebook.com/unlockedunitedkingdom/videos/409747283542470/?vh=e

Ill leave this link for anyone who can can be bothered. It’s the ex Vice President of Pfizer drug company. So he has a fair idea what he’s on about.

Nope - their opinion on shooting doesn’t endanger other people - not wearing a mask or refusing a vaccine does. 

43 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

Nope - their opinion on shooting doesn’t endanger other people - not wearing a mask or refusing a vaccine does. 

Click the link I added, watch the video from a scientist far more intelligent and educated than me, and most people. I’d guess including you, but don’t take offence if you are a super educated scientist.

what about people like me with a phobia of needles. Massive phobia. To the point where after I had a 9 month cast off and my leg swelled up, the doctor thought it was most likely a dvt blood clot and wanted to inject me with warfarin. I refused. In front of my then girlfriend now wife he told me it could come loose that night and I’d have a 50% chance of dying. I still refused.

would you force the injection upon me?

14 minutes ago, Mice! said:

You might want to stop dribbling on yourself or frothing at the mouth, and maybe change your soggy mask for a new one.

We seem to have reached your limit of rational, intelligent debate  so let's leave it there.

BTW anyone know where all the flu cases are this year? Or why Johnson is in isolation, even though he's had covid? Surely that is the basis a vaccine works on, antibodies created through exposure yo pathogen. Or will you still be expected to don your mask and isolate even if you've had the vaccine?

50 minutes ago, southeastpete said:

Click the link I added, watch the video from a scientist far more intelligent and educated than me, and most people. I’d guess including you, but don’t take offence if you are a super educated scientist.

what about people like me with a phobia of needles. Massive phobia. To the point where after I had a 9 month cast off and my leg swelled up, the doctor thought it was most likely a dvt blood clot and wanted to inject me with warfarin. I refused. In front of my then girlfriend now wife he told me it could come loose that night and I’d have a 50% chance of dying. I still refused.

would you force the injection upon me?

Yes I would - some discomfort for you for a short time for the sake of the greater good for the population. 

1 hour ago, southeastpete said:

would you force the injection upon me

My old fella hated needles,  but he just looked the other way, given the odds of 50% I'd have said have the needle. 

And you may want to get some sort of therapy to get past your fear, it could save your life.

51 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

Yes I would - some discomfort for you for a short time for the sake of the greater good for the population. 

It’s not a matter a small moment of discomfort. I hate it when people say ‘it doesn’t hurt’

id rather be smacked in the face with a brick than have an injection.

39 minutes ago, Mice! said:

My old fella hated needles,  but he just looked the other way, given the odds of 50% I'd have said have the needle. 

And you may want to get some sort of therapy to get past your fear, it could save your life.

Most people would say take the needle obviously.

Ive tried therapy. Didn’t work...

3 hours ago, oscarsdad said:

If I were in power not only would I make the vaccine (and all other vaccines) compulsory, I would also erect guard towers in all towns and cities, anyone seen without wearing a mask or not socially distancing gets a rubber bullet to the nuts.  Same treatment would apply to any man carrying a handbag / wearing skinny jeans / having a man bun 

Rubber bullet to the nuts 😂😂😂

My take on all this, is that if masks were as effective as we are now told they are ( considering their use was considered of little benefit at the beginning ) then the virus may not have spread any further than China; don’t seem to have had much benefit there. 
If you don’t want to wear a mask then don’t wear one, you just won’t get in shops unless you’re exempt. If you don’t want the vaccine then don’t have it, but you’re going to have to take as much care for the rest of your life as you are now, because even if everyone else is vaccinated, they can still pass on the virus to you, as can children. 
The only question is, will vaccinated people pass on the mild symptoms they themselves are experiencing, to anyone not vaccinated, or the whole nine yards? I feel it will be the latter. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

My take on all this, is that if masks were as effective as we are now told they are ( considering their use was considered of little benefit at the beginning ) then the virus may not have spread any further than China; don’t seem to have had much benefit there. 
If you don’t want to wear a mask then don’t wear one, you just won’t get in shops unless you’re exempt. If you don’t want the vaccine then don’t have it, but you’re going to have to take as much care for the rest of your life as you are now, because even if everyone else is vaccinated, they can still pass on the virus to you, as can children. 
The only question is, will vaccinated people pass on the mild symptoms they themselves are experiencing, to anyone not vaccinated, or the whole nine yards? I feel it will be the latter. 

:good:

On 19/11/2020 at 20:51, treetree said:

So if the mask doesn't protect the wearer, what is the scientific basis for the assertion that the mask protects others from the wearer?

This is the best un-scientific version explaining the use of face coverings that I've ever heard:

If you and I stand face to face, each of us wearing no pants or trousers, and you start to pee... I get a wet leg.

If I put my trousers on, I still get a wet leg.

If YOU put your trousers on, I won't get a wet leg.

Simple :D

7 hours ago, treetree said:

...why Johnson is in isolation, even though he's had covid? Surely that is the basis a vaccine works on, antibodies created through exposure yo pathogen. Or will you still be expected to don your mask and isolate even if you've had the vaccine?

I'll stand corrected but I believe the following is the case: Immunity, either from exposure to the virus itself or from vaccination, does not remove the possibility of transmitting it to someone else if you become exposed to the virus at a later time.

So yes, masks on forever it seems... ?!

2 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Yeah, I think once the vaccination program is rolled out - with a say 95% cover rate the wearing of masks will be seen as common courtesy 

Common courtesy or compulsion enforced by fines?

And social distancing, that's here to stay too? Lockdowns? Being told who you can spend Christmas with?

And you're ok with this?

15 hours ago, Cosmicblue said:

Yeah, I think once the vaccination program is rolled out - with a say 95% cover rate the wearing of masks will be seen as common courtesy just as it was in some Asian countries Pre-Covid.  We will have to live with Covid-19 and it's successive mutations for the rest of our lives - and masks.

I really can’t see mask wearing being the norm’ once mass vaccination has taken place. The whole point of the vaccine is to allow us to get back to normality; wearing a mask isn’t normal. 

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

I really can’t see mask wearing being the norm’ once mass vaccination has taken place. The whole point of the vaccine is to allow us to get back to normality; wearing a mask isn’t normal. 

I think the mask wearing is here to stay for a lot longer...

Part of the problem with the vaccine being rushed to market is that I'd imagine no one really knows the long term efficacy of it. Is it a one off jab or every 6 months?. All the while, masks are here. Unless you are exempt of course.

And sadly it will become the normal, based on the many "what's the big deal, it's just a mask" comments here alone.

Edited by treetree

16 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

This is the best un-scientific version explaining the use of face coverings that I've ever heard:

If you and I stand face to face, each of us wearing no pants or trousers, and you start to pee... I get a wet leg.

If I put my trousers on, I still get a wet leg.

If YOU put your trousers on, I won't get a wet leg.

Simple

image.png.e487f4c3afa2f1c5c1925d3a42540896.png

26 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

As long as you wash your hands

Especially when putting on and taking off a mask :good: or just getting it out of your pocket.

26 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Sex in Tesco is an unlikely vector of transmission for most people.

Yes, but what about Iceland :lol:

Edited by Newbie to this

I don't see how wearing a mask can possibly do much to prevent the wearer spreading the virus. Anyone here use reading glasses? If so put them on whilst masked up to look closely at a product and hey, they steam up almost instantly.

Conclusion:  Most of the exhaled breath goes straight out of the top of the mask which is of course the path of least resistance.

I wear a mask only to comply with the rules and to avoid confrontations. Almost all studies show that the real transmission risk is through handling things like trolleys  etc because so many people simply put on the mask and then walk straight past the hand sanitizer.

IMO it's the wrong way round; masks should be optional and sanitizing should be obligatory on entry to the premises.