Anyone know anyone who has (a) died (b) died before their time due to Covid?

Mungler

I personally know quite a few people who have tested positive now. 
A local businessman whom had gone to the pub ( how that happened I have no idea ) with his entire syndicate and beaters after the days shooting, tested positive. 
Eighteen people out of over thirty in total tested positive, resulting in the pub and his business premises closing. 
Fortunately no one has been infected seriously. 
And the tiny village where my Mam grew up is riddled with positive tests sourced from the primary school. The lady who informed us of the latter came into the coffee shop to inform us, without a mask. 😀

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found out yesterday that an old mate had passed away from covid two weekends ago . He had a fall and ended up in hospital for a night , a week afterwards he had covid symptoms and tested positive , he got very ill very quickly , and was taken in to hospital,  he passed away after being in hospital for a few days . As I left work today , his daughter told me that his partner had passed away last night , also from covid . Both were old , but went well before their time . Very sad indeed.

48 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I found out yesterday that an old mate had passed away from covid two weekends ago . He had a fall and ended up in hospital for a night , a week afterwards he had covid symptoms and tested positive , he got very ill very quickly , and was taken in to hospital,  he passed away after being in hospital for a few days . As I left work today , his daughter told me that his partner had passed away last night , also from covid . Both were old , but went well before their time . Very sad indeed.

Sorry to hear that Mel and what a rotten shame for his daughter.

1 minute ago, grrclark said:

Sorry to hear that Mel and what a rotten shame for his daughter.

I felt heartbroken for her . She was full of tears as she was telling me . Her real mom passed away when she was quite young , and she has no brothers and sisters or aunties and uncles , and shes feeling very much alone at the moment. 

this is going to be like dutch elm desease........one day in the not too distant future ...people will be saying to each other.

"hey ...do you remember when we walked about there were loads of folk with white hair doddering about....dont know who they were ....they always had plenty of money.....not proper i-phone cash like what we have...............i wonder where they have all gone..."

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Just heard the news that Lins aunt also passed away last night . She'd had covid for almost two weeks , and was a spritely 83 year old . 

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

this is going to be like dutch elm desease........one day in the not too distant future ...people will be saying to each other.

"hey ...do you remember when we walked about there were loads of folk with white hair doddering about....dont know who they were ....they always had plenty of money.....not proper i-phone cash like what we have...............i wonder where they have all gone..."

True. It is primarily an illness of the old and I’ll. 

the number of people in England under the age of 60 who have died with covid = 1,911. Of these only 367 didn’t have pre-existing illnesses. 

thats not to downplay the impact of the virus but the reality that if you are young and well the risks are negligible. 

3 hours ago, mel b3 said:

I felt heartbroken for her . She was full of tears as she was telling me . Her real mom passed away when she was quite young , and she has no brothers and sisters or aunties and uncles , and shes feeling very much alone at the moment. 

That is a dreadful shame, you can’t even invite her to join you for a meal over the festive period without making a criminal of both of you.

What a really screwed up time we are living through.

Sorry to learn about Lin’s aunt too.

7 hours ago, grrclark said:

That is a dreadful shame, you can’t even invite her to join you for a meal over the festive period without making a criminal of both of you.

What a really screwed up time we are living through.

Sorry to learn about Lin’s aunt too.

For me , this is the real cost of covid 19. I know how important the financial side of things is to us all , but the emotional pain of millions of people around the world , must be beyond measure. 

7 hours ago, mel b3 said:

For me , this is the real cost of covid 19. I know how important the financial side of things is to us all , but the emotional pain of millions of people around the world , must be beyond measure. 

I wholeheartedly agree Mel.  I do not for a second under estimate the potential impact the virus may have in respect to hospitalisation rates or excess deaths especially amongst the more vulnerable, the economic impact is starting to show and I think 2021 will be a tremendously difficult year for many.

The biggest thing though, that we only really see in glimpses such as the experience of your friends daughter, is the untold levels of emotional pain, distress and isolation that tens, if not hundreds of millions of people will be feeling through enforced isolation.

The inability to put an arm around someone physically, or metaphorically, without the risk of being criminalised or marked out as an irresponsible pariah.  The people who most need that arm put around them are unable to ask as they are bound by fear of contracting or passing on a disease so they are forced to struggle on alone.

A phone call or video call is just not a substitute for some physical contact and comfort.  

Because it cannot be displayed on graphs or presented as statistics it is largely invisible, but still felt by so very many.  It really is a genuine human tragedy.

20 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I wholeheartedly agree Mel.  I do not for a second under estimate the potential impact the virus may have in respect to hospitalisation rates or excess deaths especially amongst the more vulnerable, the economic impact is starting to show and I think 2021 will be a tremendously difficult year for many.

The biggest thing though, that we only really see in glimpses such as the experience of your friends daughter, is the untold levels of emotional pain, distress and isolation that tens, if not hundreds of millions of people will be feeling through enforced isolation.

The inability to put an arm around someone physically, or metaphorically, without the risk of being criminalised or marked out as an irresponsible pariah.  The people who most need that arm put around them are unable to ask as they are bound by fear of contracting or passing on a disease so they are forced to struggle on alone.

A phone call or video call is just not a substitute for some physical contact and comfort.  

Because it cannot be displayed on graphs or presented as statistics it is largely invisible, but still felt by so very many.  It really is a genuine human tragedy.

To me this is the biggest crime committed by this government during this ‘crisis’. The fact that they have turned people against one another, made good people feel like criminals for wanting to care for others and frightened people so much that they are afraid to shout for help. 

35 minutes ago, AVB said:

To me this is the biggest crime committed by this government during this ‘crisis’. The fact that they have turned people against one another, made good people feel like criminals for wanting to care for others and frightened people so much that they are afraid to shout for help. 

Wholeheartedly agree.

23 minutes ago, AVB said:

Add to that the deep divisions bought to families and communities, between those that just want to live as normal life as possible without being reckless, and those who have fully embraced the 'new normal'
The medias , have been fully supportive of this division, even going so far as to insinuate that the 'right' are covid reckless/deniers, and the 'left' are the responsible ones.

The police and 'covid marshalls' have had free reign to enact a stasi like regime against transgressors that beggars belief.
When you consider forcible arrests for people not wearing masks ?
Neighbours being encouraged to report each other, and dirty looks for people who genuinely may be exempt from measures.
Huge fines for having 'forbidden' people in your residence, doors kicked off ect, you need to stand back and wonder how we got here ?

The disease is real, but the governments response, has been massive over reach , and a cultivated panic/fear scenario.
It makes you wonder how we would cope in a worse situation, and what measures they would take then ?

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The disease is real, but the governments response, has been massive over reach , and a cultivated panic/fear scenario.

It makes you wonder how we would cope in a worse situation, and what measures they would take then ?

I actually think in a worse situation, if it was visibly worse and we could see with our own eyes rather than, in the majority, relying on news conferences with stern faced people pointing to graphs that we would react better and in a more practical way.

If there was crisis on each of our own doorsteps i think you’d see more localised leadership.  A little like at the very start of the covid measures, there was community cohesion.

5 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I actually think in a worse situation, if it was visibly worse and we could see with our own eyes rather than, in the majority, relying on news conferences with stern faced people pointing to graphs that we would react better and in a more practical way.

Agreed. But...

5 minutes ago, grrclark said:

If there was crisis on each of our own doorsteps i think you’d see more localised leadership.  A little like at the very start of the covid measures, there was community cohesion.

In the beginning there was genuine fear of an unknown.
We were sold a disease that was supposedly killing the citizens of Wuhan on a biblical scale.
Projections of UK deaths of 500,000, and masks and social distancing measures for..ever ?
I remember being told on here 'Wait till theres bodies piling up in the streets !' 

Things are different now, the fear isnt there, the quantities are known, and Wuhan is pretty much how it was before covid.
The entire population of Sweden didnt die, they had a death rate less than ours, and another one that never gets reported on, Belarus, virtually no covid measures at all, population similar to Sweden , 1200 deaths ?

Yet to some this fear still persists.

Yes it can kill you, mortality rate if infected varies wildly by region, from 0.2 % to 6% in undeveloped countries.
But the average age in the UK to die from covid is 82, whilst average age of death anyway , is 81.

Add to all that, that even the government can no longer believe that this virus will overwhelm the NHS, otherwise the Nightingale hospital in Excel would not have been dismantled and no longer exist. Yet they are still spouting about hospitals at near bursting capacity.

Something isn't quite right with what is going on. It doesn't quite add up.

55 minutes ago, grrclark said:

A lot of the disbelief probably comes from people not being directly affected by the virus, how many have said 'I don't know anyone who has had it' I've heard lads say , yeah but it's not killing people,  then quote it's just old people that are at risk.

Quite a few people have posted on here recently that they have caught it and none of the posters saying it's not dangerous to the majority have said a peep, I doubt anyone wants to catch it and find out how they get on.

As for people being lonely,  this gets brought up every Christmas,  many people live alone all year round, unfortunately I'm guessing this year will be worse if places are closed because of Covid.

You could look to the USA figures a while back were 15m cases and 260k dead.  Multiply that by 4 and you nearly have our little island. Not saying it’s going to happen but it’s why it is being taken seriously and at the moment it seems like you are hearing of more and more cases closer to home. 

I reckon I now know of 30 people who have had it but all with little or no comparative consequence. Fortunately, I know of no deaths.

I got a box of blood drop Covid testing panels /kits that are 96% accurate. Turns out 2 of my 3 children have the antibodies without having a day feeling ill.

The other 3 in the household, nada.

I think an awful lot of people have had this (and from well into last year) but just don’t know it.

I do hope soon they work out why it’s nailing some and barely scratching others.

14 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Add to all that, that even the government can no longer believe that this virus will overwhelm the NHS, otherwise the Nightingale hospital in Excel would not have been dismantled and no longer exist. Yet they are still spouting about hospitals at near bursting capacity.

Something isn't quite right with what is going on. It doesn't quite add up.

I know of 7 people all with underlying health issues who have died from Covid all between 61 and 71. One a good friend of mine in her early 60,s had health issues which put her in hospital about once a year, in April her husband took her to hospital expecting to collect her as normal the next morning. He got a phone call to say she had died of Covid just 5 hours later. He is convinced she did not have covid.

My major concerns in all this,like Newbie is if we are being told to expect the situation to get much worse,then why the hell are we dismantling the Nightingale hospitals  and just why have we not been using them to isolate our hospitals from cross contamination. Something does not add up. Lots of extra staff had been drafted in... Maybe when the truth outs in 50 years time (D NOTICE),we will find out, but the ones affected will be long gone and it wont mean anything to the youngsters who by then will be in their 60s. from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway
Punctuation.

14 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

I know of 7 people all with underlying health issues who have died from Covid all between 61 and 71. One a good friend of mine in her early 60,s had health issues which put her in hospital about once a year, in April her husband took her to hospital expecting to collect her as normal the next morning. He got a phone call to say she had died of Covid just 5 hours later. He is convinced she did not have covid.

My major concerns in all this,like Newbie is if we are being told to expect the situation to get much worse,then why the hell are we dismantling the Nightingale hospitals  and just why have we not been using them to isolate our hospitals from cross contamination. Something does not add up. Lots of extra staff had been drafted in... Maybe when the truth outs in 50 years time (D NOTICE),we will find out, but the ones affected will be long gone and it wont mean anything to the youngsters who by then will be in their 60s. from Auntie.

Agreed.