covid has caught me.

mel b3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

covid19 daily update from tipton.

first things first . my sister is still on a covid ward in hospital , and is being treated with antibiotics for covid pneumonia, latest news was that shes comfortable.

lin is still doing pretty well , she was up and off to work this morning , although she does just crash from time to time , especially when the nausea get the better of her.

im still a wreck . i tried to sleep without night nurse last night (mistake) , the insane nightmares returned , and in the times when i was half awake / half asleep , and feverish , the drumming gorilla from in the air tonight , was hiding in the shadows , and breathing heavily . it sounds funny now , but felt quite sinister at 3am. the pain in my feet did keep me awake for quite a lot of the night , im not sure why , but they were burning .  

i was glad to see daylight this morning . when i visited the bathroom and hit the pan , my world exploded into the bowl  , the instant nausea that came over me was like a red hot  tsunami , it washed me off the toilet seat , and straight onto the bathroom floor again , i managed to crawl into the bedroom until it had passed , i then returned to proceed with the clean up operation.

pretty much everything ive eaten or drunk for the last week , has gone through me with the speed of darth vaders light sabre , im starting to feel weak now , and looking down at my chunky fat legs , i can see that im starting to lose weight/muscle . something that ive also noticed , is that for the first time in my life , i feel vulnerable , ive never been scared of much , but this is getting worrying .

im aware that in the grand scheme of covid19 , im still a very mild case , so for now , im taking that as a win :good:

50 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

covid19 daily update from tipton.

first things first . my sister is still on a covid ward in hospital , and is being treated with antibiotics for covid pneumonia, latest news was that shes comfortable.

lin is still doing pretty well , she was up and off to work this morning , although she does just crash from time to time , especially when the nausea get the better of her.

im still a wreck . i tried to sleep without night nurse last night (mistake) , the insane nightmares returned , and in the times when i was half awake / half asleep , and feverish , the drumming gorilla from in the air tonight , was hiding in the shadows , and breathing heavily . it sounds funny now , but felt quite sinister at 3am. the pain in my feet did keep me awake for quite a lot of the night , im not sure why , but they were burning .  

i was glad to see daylight this morning . when i visited the bathroom and hit the pan , my world exploded into the bowl  , the instant nausea that came over me was like a red hot  tsunami , it washed me off the toilet seat , and straight onto the bathroom floor again , i managed to crawl into the bedroom until it had passed , i then returned to proceed with the clean up operation.

pretty much everything ive eaten or drunk for the last week , has gone through me with the speed of darth vaders light sabre , im starting to feel weak now , and looking down at my chunky fat legs , i can see that im starting to lose weight/muscle . something that ive also noticed , is that for the first time in my life , i feel vulnerable , ive never been scared of much , but this is getting worrying .

im aware that in the grand scheme of covid19 , im still a very mild case , so for now , im taking that as a win :good:

Might be worth ringing 111 for advice. You could need some advice on solutions to keep your body fluid balance stable.

52 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Might be worth ringing 111 for advice. You could need some advice on solutions to keep your body fluid balance stable.

I might have to if things don't improve,  but I'm hoping that things will work out given time . At the moment,  I'm doing all I can to avoid the doctors/hospital route.

8 minutes ago, Mice! said:

20210118_133731.jpg.eb6b696b9333b19331e00758165dde08.jpg

This came on FB earlier Mel, I'm glad you and Lin are in the house together so you can keep an eye on each other.

If things get worse then ring for help.

I've got all of those symptoms except passing no urine 😊.

I'm sure that it'll pass , I just need to give it time 👍

5 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Only ring if you want an ambulance. It’s all we are going to at the moment, young fit healthy people that have called 111 for advice. We are leaving close to 70 percent of our patients at home now because they don’t need hospital yet. 

Mel, I don't know you from Adam but wish you and Lin and your sister well.

Would just emphasise those rehydration sachets, they literally save lives and you sound like you need them. Can be made at home if you can't buy some, 6 teaspoons of sugar, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt in a litre of water. (bit of cordial for taste)

Gets water sugars and salt back in you and you need it.

Best of luck

Thanks for the good wishes and advise guys . It's all very much appreciated. 

Covid is proving to be a thoroughly unpleasant experience,  and one that I truly hope that I'll never repeat , but , I'm also very aware , that I have a relatively mild dose , compared to many millions of other people around the world . I'm also very aware that I have a warm and comfortable house to sit in while I'm ill , I also thank god for a flush toilet 😅.

I've just had some tea , and so far it hasn't come back out ,  fingers crossed it'll stay that way 😊👍

4 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Covid is proving to be a thoroughly unpleasant experience,  and one that I truly hope that I'll never repeat , but , I'm also very aware , that I have a relatively mild dose , compared to many millions of other people around the world . I'm also very aware that I have a warm and comfortable house to sit in while I'm ill , I also thank god for a flush toilet 😅.

I've just had some tea , and so far it hasn't come back out ,  fingers crossed it'll stay that way 😊👍

What day are you on now? Day 10 seems to be the swing day from what I’ve seen, either better or worse on day 10.

2 hours ago, Medic1281 said:

Only ring if you want an ambulance. It’s all we are going to at the moment, young fit healthy people that have called 111 for advice. We are leaving close to 70 percent of our patients at home now because they don’t need hospital YET

Yet is scary to hear

57 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

My lad at work had it over Xmas with his entire family . It’s taken 3 weeks for his dad to get energy back but all on the mend . 
I find any illness hits big blokes worse so with lins size I expect her to be back on that machine in days 😎
seriously tho I’m really happy you both are ok 

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

Yet is scary to hear

My lad at work had it over Xmas with his entire family . It’s taken 3 weeks for his dad to get energy back but all on the mend . 
I find any illness hits big blokes worse so with lins size I expect her to be back on that machine in days 😎
seriously tho I’m really happy you both are ok 

Lins been in the workshop every day 😅. She can't risk sending things to customers for obvious reasons,  but she's cracking on with loads of other jobs .l

5 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Lins been in the workshop every day 😅. She can't risk sending things to customers for obvious reasons,  but she's cracking on with loads of other jobs .l

I think I can hear that whip cracking from here. Good to hear the humour is still there. 👍

Edited by Fisheruk

16 hours ago, 39TDS said:

Mel, I don't know you from Adam but wish you and Lin and your sister well.

Would just emphasise those rehydration sachets, they literally save lives and you sound like you need them. Can be made at home if you can't buy some, 6 teaspoons of sugar, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt in a litre of water. (bit of cordial for taste)

Gets water sugars and salt back in you and you need it.

Best of luck

100% This, hydration is all important, it's a common misconception that drinking water is enough, that may be the case when you are fully well but when you are ill you REALLY need the salts and sugars, I swear by Dioralyte sachets but if I've none about I'll chuck some salt and sugar in a glass of water and get it down me.

As has been said, best of luck on your recovery and hopefully the next day or two will be the turning point, stay positive and do what you can to keep your mood up, mental strength plays a massive role in any recovery process.

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well Lin and Mel have made it through another night, Lin is working away and Mel is still suffering.

Can there be a Man CV19 like the Man Flu?

in our house it is woman flu - when she gets it I am always tempted to pack my bags and go and stay in a local hotel for the duration!! She feels like hell so everybody else has to be in the same boat as her!

It is really bad when she is doing the washing up, the hoovering, dusting, cleaning, cooking 😂🤣

Just now, discobob said:

in our house it is woman flu - when she gets it I am always tempted to pack my bags and go and stay in a local hotel for the duration!! She feels like hell so everybody else has to be in the same boat as her!

It is really bad when she is doing the washing up, the hoovering, dusting, cleaning, cooking 😂🤣

Oh in that case, Mel has Woman Covid 19!:w00t:

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh in that case, Mel has Woman Covid 19!

I came across wrong there I think - her indoors insists on doing all them things despite you offering (and you know where I am coming from in that I have been trained to be excellent at a lot of them things (she doesn't like that)) - but makes your life hell for her "having" to do it!!!!