mel b3

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Hope everything is ok. 

Hiya Yvonne. 

Alls better than expected at the moment.  My sister improved a little , so instead of taking her to intensive care , they just monitored her . Her improvement has carried on throughout the day , to the point that she is sitting up in bed , and was able to call my mom , and shes asked for my niece to take clean pyjamas to the hospital.  At the moment we're all keeping our fingers crossed,  as she's been on a roller coaster since she went into hospital last week. 

1 hour ago, mel b3 said:

Hiya Yvonne. 

Alls better than expected at the moment.  My sister improved a little , so instead of taking her to intensive care , they just monitored her . Her improvement has carried on throughout the day , to the point that she is sitting up in bed , and was able to call my mom , and shes asked for my niece to take clean pyjamas to the hospital.  At the moment we're all keeping our fingers crossed,  as she's been on a roller coaster since she went into hospital last week. 

That’s wonderful news and I hope she continues to improve. My uncle was in 4 weeks on oxygen but has now returned to work at 62 years old. 

5 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Hiya Yvonne. 

Glad things are on the up again. Take care.

covid19 daily update from snowy tipton.

first things first . my sister is much improved . shes sitting up in bed , and has been eating , and is well enough to phone her kids . shes still on oxygen , but very little now , and the doc has said that if the improvements carry on , she might be home in a few days . 

my sister has had a very tough time with covid , she spent days vomiting blood before she would let my niece call for help . she was taken by ambulance to hospital , and has spent the last week or so going from one extreme to the other , shes got covid pnuemonia , that has been treated with , anti biotics , steroids , and oxygen . 

my sister is a very strong and healthy 50 year old , that has never smoked , and has no underlying health conditions , shes just got unlucky in the covid lucky dip . i really hope that she continues to improve , and gets home in a few days.

other covid news .

lins long term friend , has this morning lost her dad to covid . he was in his early eighties , so was very much in the high risk category , but, was in good health until the virus came along a couple of weeks ago  . the only positive that can be taken from it , is that lins friend was allowed to spend the last couple of days with her dad , and was with him as he slipped away.

lins god daughter took herself off to hospital on friday . she was suffering with chest pains , and shortness of breath . the opinion of the doctors , was that she has inflamation of the area around the heart(whatever that means) , and was sent home with anti inflamatories . shes back in hospital this morning , and the pain and shortness of breath are worse . the doctors seem to think that its somehow related to her time with covid around six or seven months ago . she is an extremely fit , 30 yr old school teacher (you know the eats no red meat , and trains five times every week type).

in contrast , my mate has tested positive for covid . hes 55 ish , fatish , smokes 40 ish fags a day , drinks like a fish , and has taken zero exercise in the last fifteen years . he only had a test as his partner has tested positive , and has so far had no symptoms whatsoever . covid seems to rather agree with him , and hes chuffed to bits that he can sit in front of the telly for ten days , and drink cider.

lin and myself had a rough day yesterday , i felt ok later in the day , but lin was as rough as hell all day , and disappeared back to bed in the early evening . were both a bit better today , and i managed to walk around the block this morning(the hardest workout ive ever had) . ive also started my car , and gone for a spin around the block . it wasnt a great experience , as i still feel as if im using eyes that belong to someone else.

up until quite recently , covid was still pretty much something that was happening to other people , yes we were being careful , but life pretty much just carried on as normal , but , covid has suddenly forced its way into our lives , and is everywhere around us . our main worries have been lins dad and my mom . lins dad has now had the jab , and hopefully my mom will be very soon. then with a bit of luck , life will start getting back to normal for us , and everyone else. 

26 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Not being a party pooper, but aren’t you meant to be self isolating at home and not going out for walks or drives? 

My self isolating period was over a few days ago , and Lins was over yesterday . Rest assured that we know all too well how covid leaves you feeling,  and wouldn't be selfish enough to go around spreading the virus.👍.

3 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

My self isolating period was over a few days ago , and Lins was over yesterday . Rest assured that we know all too well how covid leaves you feeling,  and wouldn't be selfish enough to go around spreading the virus.👍.

But was it 'essential'?  You’ll get stoned by the lockdown zealots on here. 

31 minutes ago, AVB said:

But was it 'essential'?  You’ll get stoned by the lockdown zealots on here. 

I feel that it was essential.  I'll be attending the funeral of my friends wife tomorrow morning , and after sitting stationary for two weeks,  I feel that starting ,checking , and road testing my car , and myself,  was pretty essential. 

28 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I feel that it was essential.  I'll be attending the funeral of my friends wife tomorrow morning , and after sitting stationary for two weeks,  I feel that starting ,checking , and road testing my car , and myself,  was pretty essential. 

Nice one. The 'Cummings' defence. 

13 hours ago, mel b3 said:

My nurse mate calls it long covid what you have now . No longer spreadable but your body is recovering now .

glad to see your getting better