25% Of Care Home Staff Not Vaccinated

fern01

I won’t be having the vaccine when it is offered to me. I haven’t seen any evidence to prove that there is no long term side effects. It’s only been around since Q3 last year so they don’t know what happens in 12 or 18 months time. That’s why in normal times a vaccine takes years to become available. 
Guess everyone makes up their own mind but don’t think anyone should be forced to have it regardless of where they work.

8 hours ago, Mr.T said:

I won’t be having the vaccine when it is offered to me. I haven’t seen any evidence to prove that there is no long term side effects. It’s only been around since Q3 last year so they don’t know what happens in 12 or 18 months time. That’s why in normal times a vaccine takes years to become available. 
Guess everyone makes up their own mind but don’t think anyone should be forced to have it regardless of where they work.

Well I’ve heard it’s just a slightly changed version of current flu vaccines, that’s why they were able to make it so fast. 

Meaning the side effects are the same as current flu vaccines and we have studied them for many years. 

12 hours ago, Mr.T said:

I was a little dubious myself (some months ago) , but it was clearly explained(somewhere on pw) why and how the vaccine came about so quickly . Iirc , it was more to do with funding than science. 👍.

Edited by mel b3

I thought it was so quick because it hasn't gone through full testing, "The decision to approve the supply of this vaccine was taken under Regulation 174 of the Human Medicine Regulations 2012, which enables rapid temporary regulatory approvals to address significant public health issues such as a pandemic." https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-medicines-regulator-gives-approval-for-first-uk-covid-19-vaccine

And as I understand it the MRNA vacines are new tchnology.

I am a bit of a gambling man myself and would always play the odds. It's quite a simple calculation of the known facts.

Covid has killed over 100,000 people in the UK, would I place a bet on the vaccine being even more deadlier than that ?

Edited by TRINITY

1 hour ago, stuartc44 said:

If I choose not to have the vaccine and all those that do want / need it have had it, who are the 'others' that I am putting at risk?

Ultimately everyone,  and that is because the more of you there are the more likely we will keep living with an underlying level of covid which increases the odds of a mutation occurring that will evade the vaccine 

On 05/03/2021 at 20:44, Mr.T said:

They have went trough the same trials and approval as other vaccines, also part of the trials are monitoring the vaccine after they have being in large scale use. 

Phase 4: Will it stay safe down the road? Even after the vaccine is approved and licensed, regulatory agencies stay involved, continuing to monitor production; inspecting manufacturing facilities; and testing vaccines for potency, safety and purity. The FDA also monitors adverse events that may occur related to receiving the vaccine, including through its Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System and Phase 4 clinical trials—optional studies pharmaceutical companies may be required to perform after a vaccine is licensed to continue to monitor safety and effectiveness.

I would recommend watching bellow.

Panorama, The Race for a Vaccine - BBC One

Edited by ordnance

"They have went trough the same trials and approval as other vaccines"

I assume you mean the same first trials not the same full trials, or is this wrong on the government website?

"The decision to approve the supply of this vaccine was taken under Regulation 174 of the Human Medicine Regulations 2012, which enables rapid temporary regulatory approvals to address significant public health issues such as a pandemic." https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-medicines-regulator-gives-approval-for-first-uk-covid-19-vaccine

16 hours ago, ordnance said:

They have went trough the same trials and approval as other vaccines, also part of the trials are monitoring the vaccine after they have being in large scale use. 

I would recommend watching bellow.

Panorama, The Race for a Vaccine - BBC One

One other factor in my decision not to have the vaccine is that the vaccine producers requested and have been granted immunity from civil prosecution. So if it is totally safe why did they require this clause in the contract to supply? The article in the Independent said they refused to comment this and would only say it has passed all the required tests.

presumably most will be on zero hours contracts therefore the solution is simple dont give them any work which should slove the issue.

All health workers should be compelled to have  the jabs, or no jab no job.

I cant see any reason that folk would refuse to be vaccinated to protect the vulnerable who they work with. 

51 minutes ago, grahamch said:

presumably most will be on zero hours contracts therefore the solution is simple dont give them any work which should slove the issue.

All health workers should be compelled to have  the jabs, or no jab no job.

I cant see any reason that folk would refuse to be vaccinated to protect the vulnerable who they work with. 

This 

One other factor in my decision not to have the vaccine is that the vaccine producers requested and have been granted immunity from civil prosecution. So if it is totally safe why did they require this clause in the contract to supply? The article in the Independent said they refused to comment this and would only say it has passed all the required tests.

That's more to do with the government deciding to fast track the vaccine rollout, not the vaccine manufacture's decision.  How can you prosecute a manufacture for a decision made by the government. 

Any decision to fast track unlicensed vaccines would be a decision made nationally and not by individual suppliers. Manufacturers “cannot generally be sued in the civil courts.

People who don't have the vaccine will increase the risk of mutations happening in the future.

On 12/03/2021 at 16:22, stuartc44 said:

And again, when the vulnerable have had their vaccines what difference does it make if a carer has or hasn't.

Can anyone show us any evidence that having the vaccine means I cannot pass the virus onto anyone else?

17 hours ago, stuartc44 said:

None of the vaccines even claim to be 100% effective in stopping you getting the virus, do they not say reducing symptoms? Mutations are therefore inevitable even if everyone has had the vaccine.

Nothing in life is 100% but thats no excuse not to be vaccinated.