ditchman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, discobob said:

When he helped to scupper it in the first place.....

Quite. I find it amazing that after he did Boris's legs over attending partys during the lock down, then did Truss he steps in, despite the fact he himself also broke lock down rules and was fined for it himself. 

Rishi, the PM no one voted for! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard on “Farage” that the French are ( in effect) laying on free buses to ferry immigrants from their camps directly to the beach collecting points.

No surprise there then from our “friends” in Europe.

Edited by Good shot?
Added “in effect” for the disbelievers

6 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Just heard on “Farage” that the French are laying on free buses to ferry immigrants from their camps directly to the beach collecting points.

the weather looks god for them for the next week ...sea state good....................ere' we go agin...

as usual all bloody talk............westminster must think we a re stupid...

40 minutes ago, Good shot? said:

Just heard on “Farage” that the French are laying on free buses to ferry immigrants from their camps directly to the beach collecting points.

Not exactly correct but don't expect truth from that kind of source... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/10/13/channel-migrants-taking-free-buses-beach-noses-french-police/

15 minutes ago, henry d said:

Not exactly correct but don't expect truth from that kind of source...

Ok, so they aren't specifically 'laying them on' for migrants, what exactly is untrue about the rest of it? 

The fact that the French don't arrest and detain illegals while they're roaming around France is bad enough, allowing them to gain illegal passage to the UK compounds the fact. 

They are getting paid millions to stop this, it sounds like they are actually using our money to make it easier, is the final insult. 

36 minutes ago, henry d said:

Not exactly correct but don't expect truth from that kind of source... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/10/13/channel-migrants-taking-free-buses-beach-noses-french-police/

just a polite question............"what sources do you trust"....as you rarely agree with anything we say or repeat....:good:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

just a polite question............"what sources do you trust"....as you rarely agree with anything we say or repeat....:good:

Henry won't agree with anything unless it's a suggestion to make it easier for illegal economic migrants to come here. Heaven knows why!

11 hours ago, ditchman said:

It sounded incredible that the French would lay on buses, but the defining part was "(in effect)" so I wondered what he meant and looked for a source. The link is from 13/10/22 so a further question arises, why did Farage say that now? Regarding sources; it is not about who you trust but "reading" widely and gathering information in and sifting through it.

Let's have a quick tangent. Another thread about the Beeb and Begum started and lots said they would not watch it, so you have to ask if that's the right way to get a fair view (I've not seen all of it yet but what I have doesn't seem to do her any favours, no spoilers please 😉).

If someone puts something up that seems incredible I think we have a duty to either ask for clarification or sources or to seek them out ourselves to see whether it is truly incredible, half truth, or lie. If you read it and just take it as face value you do yourself no favour and I believe that the saying is correct; "An unexamined life is not worth living!"

1 hour ago, henry d said:

It sounded incredible that the French would lay on buses, but the defining part was "(in effect)" so I wondered what he meant and looked for a source. The link is from 13/10/22 so a further question arises, why did Farage say that now? Regarding sources; it is not about who you trust but "reading" widely and gathering information in and sifting through it.

Let's have a quick tangent. Another thread about the Beeb and Begum started and lots said they would not watch it, so you have to ask if that's the right way to get a fair view (I've not seen all of it yet but what I have doesn't seem to do her any favours, no spoilers please 😉).

If someone puts something up that seems incredible I think we have a duty to either ask for clarification or sources or to seek them out ourselves to see whether it is truly incredible, half truth, or lie. If you read it and just take it as face value you do yourself no favour and I believe that the saying is correct; "An unexamined life is not worth living!"

Whilst I don’t generally agree with your politics (based on assumptions from your posts) I don’t think anyone can argue your last paragraph! 

2 hours ago, henry d said:

thank you for you polite reply to my post...:good:

you are not getting off lightly tho'..:lol:....i still would like to know what souces/periodicles you would trust to believe

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Good post!

I don't think that any of us can trust any source completely, mainly because all of us have our own perspectives and can allow those perspectives to colour the information that we provide to others, so we should all try to verify all sources of information.

But, some sources of  information or misinformation are nearly always untrustworthy, and personally I find it difficult to accept ANYTHING that Nigel Farage, Piers Moron or The Gun Control Network say at face value - they all have history . . .

36 minutes ago, ditchman said:

thank you for you polite reply to my post...:good:

you are not getting off lightly tho'..:lol:....i still would like to know what souces/periodicles you would trust to believe

That's what I was saying, you need to look at several to get an idea of what is actually going on. In the case above I don't go with farage as there is a bias or direction so I looked myself and there are buses that are free in that area and rather than take the line of the op and blaming the EU/France, I think that it is just people using what is freely available. If there is evidence of the French authorities rounding up people from the camp and putting them into the buses then that is a different matter and I will change my opinion but that seems unlikely.

There is bias all around to a greater or lesser extent so going for single sources is just allowing yourself to confirm that bias.

7 hours ago, henry d said:

That's what I was saying, you need to look at several to get an idea of what is actually going on. In the case above I don't go with farage as there is a bias or direction so I looked myself and there are buses that are free in that area and rather than take the line of the op and blaming the EU/France, I think that it is just people using what is freely available. If there is evidence of the French authorities rounding up people from the camp and putting them into the buses then that is a different matter and I will change my opinion but that seems unlikely.

There is bias all around to a greater or lesser extent so going for single sources is just allowing yourself to confirm that bias.

I don't see the difference, if illegal immigrants are routinely using the free buses as a route to make their way here, the french police should very quickly have taken action to prevent them doing so, the fact they haven't is virtually no different to laying them on for the illegals to do so in the first place. Perhaps you should get some news from a source other than the Guardian? 

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I take it youre completely unbiased then ? :lol:

This 👍

On 07/02/2023 at 20:09, Good shot? said:

Just heard on “Farage” that the French are ( in effect) laying on free buses to ferry immigrants from their camps directly to the beach collecting points.

It has been said that the Belgians have done that in the past in a different way. Picking up refugees at their southern borders and running them up to the northern coast so they don't shoplift or beg /sleep rough etc on the streets of Belgium as they pass through. That way the population of Belgium don't see it as a problem.

From their point of view its probably a good thing to do and for good reason

Edited by Vince Green