Channel Migrants

ditchman

1 hour ago, oowee said:

50% of Albanians get asylum here???? Just heard this on the news. Friends have just come back from holidaying in Albania. What's wrong with the place? 

Nothing, lazy civil Servants would rather rubber stamp an application than have to query it. They just default to the "what's easiest for me?" option irrespective of the needs of the country

People have to realise, because they haven't yet,  that the Civil Service is actually seriously out of control.

Work shy doesn't even begin to describe the institutional laziness and apathy.

And it's not only asylum, benefits claims get the same lack of scrutiny.

My cousin, sadly now no longer with us, was a classic example. He was always capable of work. He had a bad back but no worse than mine. He just played the system 

He just applied and applied for every benefit going till he got it

He had a car, he got attendance allowance for his wife and his wife got attendance allowance for him.  Tax credits, and help with his bills.

Both his daughters went through Uni without incurring student debt.

In almost every instance I would say his entitlement was dubious but the lazy Civil Servants were happy to just rubber stamp the application so they could get on with their crossword and go home early

Edited by Vince Green

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oowee said:

50% of Albanians get asylum here???? Just heard this on the news. Friends have just come back from holidaying in Albania. What's wrong with the place? 

Hello, most likely nothing wrong with Albania but on channel 4 news the Albanian criminals are taking over the trafficking off the French coast and even advertise on the internet, it's a sorry state of affairs that our country will be invaded for years with no sign of any control of our borders, what will they do for work 🤔

It's a national disgrace that we're getting 1000 plus illegal immigrants (NOT refugees or at least I'd wager a tiny minority are genuine refugees) landing on our shores almost every day now, with successive governments not having the cahoonies to turn the boats back around.  We need a blockade stretching across the channel to stop this so in effect it's just going to carry one.  The french continue to service this route by allowing it to happen.  So we're not in the EU any longer, it was little different when we were!

9 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, most likely nothing wrong with Albania but on channel 4 news the Albanian criminals are taking over the trafficking off the French coast and even advertise on the internet, it's a sorry state of affairs that our country will be invaded for years with no sign of any control of our borders, what will they do for work 🤔

You only need to see what happened in Germany a few years back when illegal immigration got out of control, 

34 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

People have to realise, because they haven't yet,  that the Civil Service is actually seriously out of control.

I think Vince has the cause of a big part of the problem at our end here .........  but that is only a part of the picture as they should never get through the EU as far as here.

I hear that in Albania, the UK is 'advertised' on TicTok as the land of big incomes and free everything.

54 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Nothing, lazy civil Servants would rather rubber stamp an application than have to query it. They just default to the "what's easiest for me?" option irrespective of the needs of the country

Work shy doesn't even begin to describe the institutional laziness and apathy.

And it's not only asylum, benefits claims get the same lack of scrutiny.

My cousin, sadly now no longer with us, was a classic example. He was always capable of work. He had a bad back but no worse than mine. He just played the system 

He just applied and applied for every benefit going till he got it

He had a car, he got attendance allowance for his wife and his wife got attendance allowance for him.  Tax credits, and help with his bills.

Both his daughters went through Uni without incurring student debt.

In almost every instance I would say his entitlement was dubious but the lazy Civil Servants were happy to just rubber stamp the application so they could get on with their crossword and go home early

You can't blame Civil Servants they need to save themselves for early retirement. 🤣

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

land of big incomes and free everything.

And that's probably our biggest problem. The UK with its benefits system, free health care, Liberal, tolerant, non racist and welcoming society, is a very attractive destination. 

Who can blame them, I certainly don't, no sensible person can claim the vast majority aren't economic migrants, but if any of us were in their shoes, we'd probably consider doing the same for a better life. I blame those responsible, which is our government, both sitting and the opposition for allowing it to happen. 

I don't see why we can't just turn the Albanians straight round and fly them back to Albania the next day. Computer says no

Instead we go through a farcical (and extremely lengthy) sham asylum process which everyone knows is unnecessary because there is no war in Albania

One of the major concerns is that Albanians are at the centre of a lot of both "organised crime" and cocaine distribution.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/13/kings-of-cocaine-albanian-mafia-uk-drugs-crime

The UK is seen as an easy target with little risk of being caught and soft penalties if caught.  If only 1% of the Albanian would be immigrants are crime connected, we are still getting several criminals a day.

There was a case relatively locally of an Albanian gang of 'Rolex snatchers' - and when the police began to get a bit close - they hopped back to Albania - and returned the following year.

A similar case of jewellery snatching (distraction and sleight of hand) was reported in our local rag only yesterday - and allegedly by person or persons with 'eastern European accents' who claimed to be conducting 'surveys'.

12 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

And that's probably our biggest problem. The UK with its benefits system, free health care, Liberal, tolerant, non racist and welcoming society, is a very attractive destination. 

Who can blame them, I certainly don't, no sensible person can claim the vast majority aren't economic migrants, but if any of us were in their shoes, we'd probably consider doing the same for a better life. I blame those responsible, which is our government, both sitting and the opposition for allowing it to happen. 

They will never blame themselves? Teflon coated, trough bound?

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I don't see why we can't just turn the Albanians straight round and fly them back to Albania the next day. Computer says no

Instead we go through a farcical (and extremely lengthy) sham asylum process which everyone knows is unnecessary because there is no war in Albania

That was my point. It seems, from the news yesterday, that we are launching a fast return service for Albania. I was surprised we let any in the first place. 1.5 % of refugee claims? 

4 hours ago, oowee said:

That was my point. It seems, from the news yesterday, that we are launching a fast return service for Albania. I was surprised we let any in the first place. 1.5 % of refugee claims? 

Look at the potential cost there?

1 hour ago, old man said:

Look at the potential cost there?

It also exposes the current shambles our system is in. When the vast majority of those landing on our shores, claiming asylum are clearly not refugees. I believe the current system (if you can call it that), is not only abusing the UK and its citizens, but is also probably costing thousands of lives in genuine refugees who could be saved. All these idiots blocking deportations and calling to allow these people in probably inadvertently have blood on their hands, but at least they can pat themselves on the back, congratulate each other and appear virtuous to their tiny bubble of extreme minority friends.

14 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

It also exposes the current shambles our system is in. When the vast majority of those landing on our shores, claiming asylum are clearly not refugees. I believe the current system (if you can call it that), is not only abusing the UK and its citizens, but is also probably costing thousands of lives in genuine refugees who could be saved. All these idiots blocking deportations and calling to allow these people in probably inadvertently have blood on their hands, but at least they can pat themselves on the back, congratulate each other and appear virtuous to their tiny bubble of extreme minority friends.

Just so. Eloquently put.

Sadly, we have what we have. At present a bumbling buffoon as PM and 2 wannabees more interested in the sound of their own voices than is good for me, at a time when the country is economically on it's knees due to their and oppositions mismanagement in giving away total control of our utilities and signing us up tor unachievable targets?

The country is being wrecked from within?

4 minutes ago, old man said:

Certainly compounded but the damage was done previously and added to continually?

Shutting down the worlds economies, has caused no end of problems. Not to mention printing money to pay everyone to sit at home so they don't catch a flu, and we all know that printing money leads to good things, right.

3 minutes ago, amateur said:

Blimey! There is actually a French military spotter plane flying sweeps over their coast from Dunkirk to Dieppe this morning.

The first one I have seen.

The UK puts up the occasional drone out of Lydd and the Belgian registered Diamond can often be seen on patrol on the UK side, also out of Lydd.

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Shutting down the worlds economies, has caused no end of problems. Not to mention printing money to pay everyone to sit at home so they don't catch a flu, and we all know that printing money leads to good things, right.

Yep, the hidden friends/winners  with Swiss accounts.

2 minutes ago, amateur said:

It; either lost or looking for better landing points for the rubber brigade?😀

34 minutes ago, amateur said:

Blimey! There is actually a French military spotter plane flying sweeps over their coast from Dunkirk to Boulogne this morning.

The first one I have seen.

The UK puts up the occasional drone out of Lydd and the Belgian registered Diamond can often be seen on patrol on the UK side, also out of Lydd.

Being optimistic - I'm wondering if that's in response to Truss's comment about seeing deeds being done by Macron? 

I have to say it was a bit more direct than others might have said to make them realise we know they have not been proactive about dingy's. IF so, it might be a change in attitude now that Boris who got Brexit underway is gone. :hmm:

Have interpreters at Dover full time to identify their origins and a "RyanJet" ferry service running daily from a reconstituted Manston airport back to their original countries, works out at the same cost as staying in Hyatt hotels for a few months. Foil hat is being woven as I type.