Channel Migrants

ditchman

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

8 more 10 years........:lol:

How many are we on now, yet we still hold these so call scientists on a pedestal, even though they have never got anything right.

But that being said Nature is hard to predict.

Weve had a hot summer , so it must be true !

image.jpeg.2d7ac158a658a149dab99e2f7f81ccbe.jpeg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

why should I feel guilt, my ancestors were probably little more than slaves themselves.

Your ancestors could well have been slaves at some point in history.

20 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Weve had a hot summer , so it must be true !

image.jpeg.2d7ac158a658a149dab99e2f7f81ccbe.jpeg

I caught some of Sky News 'DROUGHT EMERGENCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY' coverage the other day.

Talk about over dramatic scare mongering!!

I see Tom wasisface from CF was doing his best doom and gloom speech.

11 hours ago, scouser said:

E.F.S. All it takes is for someone with a pair of balls and a sharp knife to bust their bubble. I am totally p**sed off with looking at this every day, 

it was all over the news services about 10 days ago ...the french police doing just that........it was near the time when the "grant" was to be issued............................

i smell a rat

On 16/08/2022 at 17:14, Rewulf said:

Ive never owned or benefitted from slaves, its highly unlikely the vast majority did , unless they have very rich or landed gentry in their ancestry, why should I feel guilt, my ancestors were probably little more than slaves 

In actual fact, controversial as it may sound, the plight of the British agricultural workers was almost certainly worse than that of slaves.

What ever the rights and wrongs of slavery may have been. The slaves themselves were extremely expensive. 

Simple economics meant they were an asset and were usually fed and housed pretty well by the standards of the time.

Agricultural workers (and later factory workers) were of no individual value to the land owners. Nobody cared if they lived or died and had no legal redress no matter badly they were treated. 

Edited by Vince Green

8 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

In actual fact, controversial as it may sound, the plight of the British agricultural workers was almost certainly worse than that of slaves.

What ever the rights and wrongs of slavery may have been. The slaves themselves were extremely expensive. 

Simple economics meant they were an asset and were usually fed and housed pretty well by the standards of the time.

Agricultural workers (and later factory workers) were of no individual value to the land owners. Nobody cared if they lived or died and had no legal redress no matter badly they were treated. 

Apparently African Slaves were more valuable and treated far better than the Irish Slaves in America.

17 minutes ago, discobob said:

Apparently African Slaves were more valuable and treated far better than the Irish Slaves in America.

Thousands of Irish and Scots worked in virtual economic slavery (often called bed and board) on farms in America and Caribbean 

Once entered into it was impossible to escape from it. The origin of the word "Rednecks" came from their plight and they worked along side the Slaves with no real difference between them.

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Interesting to say my great great ..... or so grandfather was a tenant farmer in Stratford on Avon to the Mayor of London. Under the land reform act where land was brought together to make larger farms he and his family were kicked off the land. They ended up in Coventry to become weavers and later bicycle makers. 

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

On Sky news today, 1295 people spotted crossing the Channel on Monday. Something needs to be done for so many reasons. 

im pretty sure sooner of later ID cards will be introduced...so we can find all these miscrients when we know what to do with them.......

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

im pretty sure sooner of later ID cards will be introduced...so we can find all these miscrients when we know what to do with them.......

Problem is, with our gutless society, even if we could identify them all, what then, our government isn't even stopping more from coming.

Every one of those migrants will need housing and medical care, not to mention there could be any number of terrorists or criminals walking among us and on the other side there's almost certainly going to be a disaster  at some point on a scale not seen yet, with hundreds of them drowning in a single day, or an orchestrated terrorist attack killing thousands, at which point it'll be the old "lessons will be learnt" spiel!

6 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

On Sky news today, 1295 people spotted crossing the Channel on Monday. Something needs to be done for so many reasons. 

One has to wonder at what point the useless, vacuous individuals that form our so called government will finally do something to close the flow?

6 minutes ago, old man said:

One has to wonder at what point the useless, vacuous individuals that form our so called government will finally do something to close the flow?

I suspect they had found one with Ruanda but the useless, vacuous individuals that form our so called parliamentary opposition and civil service rushed around finding legal loopholes to stop them.  On top of this the the useless, vacuous individuals that form our so called good neighbours government in France pay lip service to stopping the flow as they have been paid to do, all the while aiding and abetting it in order to "punish us" for brexit.

1 minute ago, Yellow Bear said:

I suspect they had found one with Ruanda but the useless, vacuous individuals that form our so called parliamentary opposition and civil service rushed around finding legal loopholes to stop them.  On top of this the the useless, vacuous individuals that form our so called good neighbours government in France pay lip service to stopping the flow as they have been paid to do, all the while aiding and abetting it in order to "punish us" for brexit.

Correct.

Good neighbours indeed?

I believe this is simply an example of how the political system views the majority of this country. 

Illegal immigration is something the overwhelming majority of the country and working class would like to put a stop to immediately and yet they chose to simply ignore us. 

It is the same with so many other elements of this countrys policys and we simply don't have a party that represents the working class, nore the majority of those that vote. 

At the core of this is voting for any of the major partys, as they all simply tell us what they think we want to hear and then do as they please. None of them will ever receive a vote from me in future. 

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I believe this is simply an example of how the political system views the majority of this country. 

Illegal immigration is something the overwhelming majority of the country and working class would like to put a stop to immediately and yet they chose to simply ignore us. 

It is the same with so many other elements of this countrys policys and we simply don't have a party that represents the working class, nore the majority of those that vote. 

At the core of this is voting for any of the major partys, as they all simply tell us what they think we want to hear and then do as they please. None of them will ever receive a vote from me in future. 

Again correct but whatever route the plebs take, vote or not they carry on regardless sucking the trough dry?

1 hour ago, old man said:

In a nutshell for me 'trying to close the flow' is the cause of the problem. Tackling the symptoms not the cause will never work. This govt is about mouth piece rhetoric designed to win votes rather than solve the problem. Solving the problem is politically problematic so far better to stand at the street corner and shout the odds. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

In a nutshell for me 'trying to close the flow' is the cause of the problem. Tackling the symptoms not the cause will never work. This govt is about mouth piece rhetoric designed to win votes rather than solve the problem. Solving the problem is politically problematic so far better to stand at the street corner and shout the odds. 

Mmmm , so trying to stop them coming, is making it worse ?
Please expand on that.
What is the solution , let as many come as they like , would that work better ?
Didnt the blair years do just that, now look where we are , with a bunch of laws and loopholes that make the UK an open door for any economic migrant who fancies the easy life  ?

Just now, Rewulf said:

Mmmm , so trying to stop them coming, is making it worse ?
Please expand on that.
What is the solution , let as many come as they like , would that work better ?
Didnt the blair years do just that, now look where we are , with a bunch of laws and loopholes that make the UK an open door for any economic migrant who fancies the easy life  ?

I think what oowee means is we need proper legal routes in place which would help deter desperate people arriving via illegal means. 

I'm all for it, open legal routes and facilite those in genuine need, after full vetting ect.

And clamp down 100% on all illegal migration, absolutely zero tolerance. 

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

exactly why I never vote why feel stupid a few mths after swallowing their lies