Fuel bills crisis

mel b3

56 minutes ago, Scully said:

This. That’s what you’re paying maintenance for, amongst other things. 

I know . It’s not hundreds tho really. I just like my kids to look smart tbh 

31 minutes ago, clangerman said:

the rubbish used to pay me the grand sum of £5 a week to feed and clothe two kids and she wonders why they now won’t give her the time of day what goes round comes round I love karma 

I’ve found out the thing she ran off with is smacking the kids . . My girlfriend adores my kids so I’ll just await the karma I hope 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT,

im making some sausages this weekend, you can have 2 of those to eat next week. 👍 i wont let you go hungry mate. 😍

I was looking at retiring last December, at this rate with the fuel price increase and everything else expected to go up it will be another year before i get to hang up my clock card. 

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

I’ve found out the thing she ran off with is smacking the kids . . My girlfriend adores my kids so I’ll just await the karma I hope 

Fair enough. I paid mine maintenance but still funded all manner of things! Still do!  I don’t mind either. 
Bank of Dad. 🙂

3 hours ago, team tractor said:

Hello, your children should not have to put up with that ?

51 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Its all well and good having money, but i want to be able to spend it. 👍

Covid has caused me to take redundancy to save younger workers jobs, I could have stayed but couldn't see youngsters go down the road.  I gave my daugher 35k for a house deposit and legal fees, they need it now not when they are 50.  I paid my mortgage off but can't bring myself to spend rashly knowing how hard things are going to be for my kids.  I have a son who is younger and will need to get on the housing market.  Respect to every one of you supporting your kids.  This Government has truly rocked the boat with it's economy wrecking decisions.    

Just now, oowee said:

The Government has only itself to blame. Proper planning for energy security should be a starting point.

Absolutely, energy security and cost under pins everything and we are sat on a gold mine they refuse to use.  Absolute insanity from a shockingly awful Government.

Edited by Weihrauch17

It's been posted on PW some time ago, mangler I think it was. 

All the money handed our over the last 2 years was going to cost us in the future. Regardless of who was sitting in the seat at #10. 

Whether it's household bills or an other bill there has to be some kind of pay back.

3 hours ago, Dougy said:

TT,

im making some sausages this weekend, you can have 2 of those to eat next week. 👍 i wont let you go hungry mate. 😍

I was looking at retiring last December, at this rate with the fuel price increase and everything else expected to go up it will be another year before i get to hang up my clock card. 

😂 thank you 

1 minute ago, Dougy said:

All the money handed our over the last 2 years was going to cost us in the future. Regardless of who was sitting in the seat at #10. 

Whether it's household bills or an other bill there has to be some kind of pay back.

True but the bill may have been different. Poor energy management, a lack of strategy, lying and now and for the next 10 years we will be paying the bill. Expect to see riots and people on the street before this is over. 

2 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Not having a decent energy policy is nothing to do with Covid and all the totally wreckless spending associated to that.  The Climate change Models seem about as reliable as the Covid ones they kept acting on despite being proven to be wildly inaccurate time after time after time.

Edited by Weihrauch17

47 minutes ago, oowee said:

Expect to see riots and people on the street before this is over. 

Over energy prices?? I can't see it, not when many are happy paying £3+ for a coffee,  everyone has a mobile, Netflix, sky and people don't think you should have to save for things.

I can see where Mel is coming from, an unexpected £500 bill when we were growing up would have been a disaster,  but that was the cost of my car service with parts in December.

1 minute ago, Mice! said:

Over energy prices?? I can't see it, not when many are happy paying £3+ for a coffee,  everyone has a mobile, Netflix, sky and people don't think you should have to save for things.

I can see where Mel is coming from, an unexpected £500 bill when we were growing up would have been a disaster,  but that was the cost of my car service with parts in December.

Not just energy but rising fuel costs, increase in taxation and inflation.

30 minutes ago, Mice! said:

It’s alright for Mel he’s warm in his cave just a few ££ extra 

us poor southern people have mansions and stately homes to heat 

I’m going to have to turn the heating and lights off in the servants quarters at this rate 🤭

23 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

It’s alright for Mel he’s warm in his cave just a few ££ extra 

us poor southern people have mansions and stately homes to heat 

I’m going to have to turn the heating and lights off in the servants quarters at this rate 🤭

Solar panels mate 😅😅

Snow drops are coming out nicely 👌 

8 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I grew up in a house with no central heating, an open fire to heat the main room, and a coal AgA in the kitchen.  Bedrooms, corridors and bathroom were unheated. 

As a consequence, even today with modern gas fired central heating, my house is only heated to about 55 to 60 Fahrenheit with a (gas) fire in the room in which I sit to boost that room to about 65 F.  To heat the whole house to 65 to 70 F (which the heating can quite easily do) uses a LOT of fuel.

However - many people want their houses and working environment MUCH warmer.  Before I retired I found the office unbearably hot in winter months (the temperature was often over 75 F) - but many of the other staff (especially the females) wanted it warmer still! 

Anything below 70 F resulted in formal complaints being made to the facilities manager.  As a consequence - the office heating bill was enormous - doubly or triply so after gas boilers were replaced by heat pumps.

Like you, house had only a partial heating system and grew up wearing jumpers when not in sitting room.

Current house is heated sitting room to 20c (60 F) and that is T-shirt comfortable, but rest of house is cooler, with bedroom remaining below 15c (55F).

I also  had similar issues in big offices where sitting  in a cotton twill shirt, 65F (25c) was too warm but likewise had others complaining of being cold at the same time.

I think my previous employer was glad it could send everyone home for the 'pandemic' as it must have saved a fortune as the building heating was dropped to 55F and electricity use also droped by 75% (solar panels on roof, so had displays showing kwh produced and used).