SNP Independance again

ditchman

22 hours ago, Scully said:

Good for you and your plans for Gibraltar if she gets her way. 
I’m still hoping she does however, and then hopefully I won’t need to listen to her banging on about it again, and we can all move on. 

100%   Pathetic woman and the thought that Scotland can exist separate....completely separate that is.... fromthe rest of the union is pie in the sky.   At least all that extra cash we send up there can be spread round down here instead.

No, to be sensible, it would be total stupidy to break up the UK.  Apart from a gentle bit of leg pulling from both sides I have worked very harmoniously with my Scottish friends over the years, although I blame one for my 59 year marriage to this old hen as he provided the liquid from the Western Highlands which clouded my vision and got me into proposing.  That was some New Year I can tell you.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Before the last vote my aunt (who then lived in Langholm on the Scottish Borders) opened her door one day to a man in a kilt with a clip board who told her that if they were to get independence they would have so much money they would be able to double her pension.

She believed him and voted yes.  She wont be voting next time, she has died since, but I bet that bloke with the clip board will be back knocking on doors again if they have another vote

that is a story i have heard in different guises and different unacheivable promises.........im sure it is totally illeagal...or is it..?.Jermy corbyn did the same thing.....promised to legalise canabis...and cancell student overdrafts

the trouble is ....people are brainwashed and belive it...they prey on the old and poorly educated.........

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

did i hear that they were exploring the possibility of becoming part of Norway ?

There was a lot of speculation last time around. But as the Scottish vote was against independence any decision as to whether the Shetlands should be an independent nation linked to either England or Norway did not need to be taken. However, their Council’s decision to explore independence was taken in 2020. So, watch this space?

37 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that is a story i have heard in different guises and different unacheivable promises.........im sure it is totally illeagal...or is it..?.Jermy corbyn did the same thing.....promised to legalise canabis...and cancell student overdrafts

the trouble is ....people are brainwashed and belive it...they prey on the old and poorly educated.........

Its classic text book left wing tactics, create a grievance and then work it every chance you get.. In this case the claim that Westminster has been bleeding Scotland dry for decades.

Stealing "our" oil is a popular one but its not true. Virtually none of the oilfields are in Scottish waters, they are way out in the North Sea 

Edited by Vince Green

18 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Its classic text book left wing tactics, create a grievance and then work it every chance you get.. In this case the claim that Westminster has been bleeding Scotland dry for decades.

Stealing "our" oil is a popular one but its not true. Virtually none of the oilfields are in Scottish waters, they are way out in the North Sea 

now ..the SNP say that 90% of the oil and fishing is in their waters........lol

I’m sat here an hour away from the Scottish Borders and have a Scottish wife. My FiL is the most Scottish person I know and hates NS and the idea of independence with a vengeance. 

If they leave, they have to feel the pinch BIG TIME (or enjoy their fruits) and have little if anything go their way……

Hard border with passports and EU style paperwork. 
At least their share of national debt. 

After 5 years they are allowed back (kind of a pre divorce separation) if they don’t like it, with significantly different conditions to the jammy deal they have (or as the cult claims poor) from the UK.  Day 1 the Scottish council is dissolved permanently and Holyrood becomes a hotel. 

Edited by markm

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

now ..the SNP say that 90% of the oil and fishing is in their waters........lol

Couple of points SNP are bolstered by the green party they and SNP have declared no more drilling as we are going over to renewables, If SNP do get their way and join Europe you can kiss good bye to the fish.. basically 90% of ---- all is still ----all

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, discobob said:

Apparently UEFA have turned round and said that our National Anthem is Political and have banned it from being sung at Football matches - Rangers have apparently told them to shove it where the sun doesn't shine!!

Well done rangers 👍  maybe UEFA should be banned,