Screwfix Con

billytheghillie

Last week Screwfix had summer deals on a range of Dewalt products, as i kept get bombarded with e-mails and junk post from them. Anyway looked online and they had a table saw at £499 reduced to £399 with the deal. I looked at my local branch for pick up, but not available, widened my search and no branch had it for pick up. So i thought i will get it delivered, but came back not available for delivery. When the deal ended on Sunday, Lo and Behold it was available for pick up or delivery for £499.

What a bunch of con artists, used to use them for bits and bobs, but now i will look elsewhere.

P.S. they didnt reply to any of my e-mails.

20 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

What the real con is! Is the fact b&q & screwfix are the same company but you can buy a pair of plier for 3.99 at screwfix & the same set of pliers in b&q are £7-8 day light robbery. 

Yep, Travis Perkins owns Toolstation and Wickes and Kingfisher owns B&Q and Screwfix.

As you say you can get the same things cheaper (well most of the time) from Screwfix or Toolstation.

1 minute ago, billytheghillie said:

if i want to moan about it i will, i dont criticise you when you moan!

I do beg your pardon,,,, my tongue in cheek reply implies that there are worse things in life to moan about than the price of items that can easily be searched for on the internet to seek a cheaper option 🤪🤣

To be honest, I very rarely buy power tools from Screwfix. I usually find you can get them much cheaper online if you are prepared to shop around, usually with free next working day delivery.

Tricks like the one you encountered do not endear me to these companies. Once they have lost my trust and loyalty, it is rarely won back.

Whilst obviously not the end of the world, of course that’s annoying! 
Now you mention it I’ve noticed that before but never really bothered to follow it up…..crafty eh. Nearly as crafty as the Christmas voucher I receive every year mid December as a ‘trade’ customer, that goes out of date before Christmas 😂 
That I have questioned the staff about, in a humorous manner! 

On 27/08/2022 at 08:51, old'un said:

Yep, Travis Perkins owns Toolstation and Wickes and Kingfisher owns B&Q and Screwfix.

As you say you can get the same things cheaper (well most of the time) from Screwfix or Toolstation.

Wickes is a separate company now.

@billytheghillie

The saws on sale would have been a batch "put to one side" for that promotion, there's a "while stocks last" clause somewhere I'll bet

21 hours ago, Diver One said:

For de Walt try Folkestone fixings

thanks for that, they have some good deals :good:

12 hours ago, manthing said:

Wickes is a separate company now.

@billytheghillie

The saws on sale would have been a batch "put to one side" for that promotion, there's a "while stocks last" clause somewhere I'll bet

Yeah it looks like that, still they have lost my business.

11 hours ago, Diver One said:

Brother in law ordered a drill from Folkestone fixings on a Saturday afternoon

it arrived Sunday !!

I ordered some things from them recently and chose them because they did next day delivery and I needed the tools.

Arrived 6 days later! Wasn't impressed with that.