Scully

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh, promote her to Monarch straight away then, before it is too late!  :rolleyes:

Yes one of the kids commented all the queens kids are divorcee's except Edward and he couldnt complete the marines course . Divorce and remarrying doesnt go down well in some country's as ive said the death of the queen might be the start of the end  

4 hours ago, Jaymo said:

As a ‘Remoaner’ and staunch Monarchist I wonder where such parallels are formed. Certainly not in the circles that I’m in. 
We have both remain and pro brexit, but support for abolishment is, from the limited conversations, extremely low. 

Key phrase here is overlap strongly, as in a Venn diagram.  The overlap of a diagram of republicans and remainers is large, but it is as you point out Jaymo, is far from being one circle

26 minutes ago, oowee said:

I find that hard to believe, the bearer party have been exemplary and have borne the coffin like it was balsa wood. Gun carriage crew were good too.

Edited by henry d

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I said that earlier. Interesting thought. 

Not really if your thinking conspiracy,  4 of us carried my Nan as young teenagers having never seen a coffin before, 4 of us carried my Dad as adults,  there were 8 soldiers who will have been practicing every day, probably for quite some time, they just made it look easy. 

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Not really if your thinking conspiracy,  4 of us carried my Nan as young teenagers having never seen a coffin before, 4 of us carried my Dad as adults,  there were 8 soldiers who will have been practicing every day, probably for quite some time, they just made it look easy. 

In front of probably Billions watching world wide, they did an amazing job as did everyone else involved.  I am not a Royalist but today's show was truly amazing and humbling, just shows what can be achieved when the Government is left out of things.

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

550lbs is far from impossible for 8 men, works out about 70lbs each? 

Not sure about that, they lifted the coffin vertically from waist height to shoulder with hands and elbows at shoulder width. My kayak weight is 35kg, my last one 26kg and I couldn't do the same lift as they did even if I was 30 years old. On my shoulder not a problem but a straight lift like that? 

I'll give it a go at the gym Thursday but I will have a couple of people spot me 

4 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

In front of probably Billions watching world wide, they did an amazing job as did everyone else involved.  I am not a Royalist but today's show was truly amazing and humbling, just shows what can be achieved when the Government is left out of things.

A truly amazing spectacle a credit to the civil service organisation and all those involved.

Rather than looking at the monarchy to see if they’re outdated…maybe we as a nation should look to revamp parliament or at a minimum as an electorate hold the ****ers in Westminster to account. Live by the rules, stop attempting to bend them and work for the people, not yourselves. Put politics to one side and serve the nation, it’s on its ****….NOT looking at filling (or allowing them to be filled)the large corporations coffers. Close tax loopholes, return uni’s to free education or at a very minimum(subjects which serve the community, teaching/health/justice). I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing profits are at an all time high when ordinary folk are struggling. As you can tell I’m no fan of the vast majority who has MP after their name. 

Edited by Hicky

12 minutes ago, Hicky said:

Rather than looking at the monarchy to see if they’re outdated…maybe we as a nation should look to revamp parliament or at a minimum as an electorate hold the ****ers in Westminster to account. Live by the rules, stop attempting to bend them and work for the people, not yourselves. Put politics to one side and serve the nation, it’s on its ****….NOT looking at filling (or allowing them to be filled)the large corporations coffers. Close tax loopholes return uni’s to free education  or at a very minimum(subject which serve the community, teaching/health/justice). I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing profits are at an all time high when ordinary folk are struggling. As you can tell I’m no fan of the vast majority who has MP after their name. 

This is spot on. 

The problem is, while elections are a two horse race and the public keeps backing the same old horses, nothing will change. Its a rigged game! 

14 hours ago, Hicky said:

Rather than looking at the monarchy to see if they’re outdated…maybe we as a nation should look to revamp parliament or at a minimum as an electorate hold the ****ers in Westminster to account. Live by the rules, stop attempting to bend them and work for the people, not yourselves. Put politics to one side and serve the nation, it’s on its ****….NOT looking at filling (or allowing them to be filled)the large corporations coffers. Close tax loopholes, return uni’s to free education or at a very minimum(subjects which serve the community, teaching/health/justice). I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing profits are at an all time high when ordinary folk are struggling. As you can tell I’m no fan of the vast majority who has MP after their name. 

Totally agree.

Voting for the least worse choice is not really a choice.