F.A.I.R shotguns

bishop

I`ve had a few Lincolns (Jubilee and Jubilee Prestige in 16 and 20 bores) and I`ve always found them very reliable and nice handling guns.

I think that they are one of the only manufacturers that make a 16 on a truly scaled down action with an ideal weight of around 6 1/4 pounds.

5 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Honestly over here in the states they have a huge warning label engraved on the barrel and it has turned me off of them so I never tried one. 

What does the warning say? I think that you`re missing out on a good range of guns.

OB 

Use a Lincoln no2 and I must say apart from user error it's been grand. 83 vintage I think.

Is there a marked difference in manufacturing. 

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Honestly over here in the states they have a huge warning label engraved on the barrel and it has turned me off of them so I never tried one. 

What does the warning say?

On 02/10/2022 at 17:04, bishop said:

F.A.I.R.  I think they are rizzini  owned? same as lincolns

I Rizzini (FAIR) is an independent company but it's only one of several makers with near identical names. E. Rizzini was around for years but now taken over by Fausti, Then there's the Rizzini Brothers who make high end bespoke guns in tiny numbers. For most buyers, B. Rizzini are a step up from FAIR but then they cost quite a lot more. Most if not all FAIR guns are sold under other brand names such as Lincoln.

It may well be that there are family ties between all the different Rizzini makers and possibly other Italian gun makers in the Brescia region. The Guerini brothers for example are nephews of Batista Rizzini (B. Rizzini) and learned their trade working for him.

On 02/10/2022 at 13:19, manthing said:

Use a Lincoln no2 and I must say apart from user error it's been grand. 83 vintage I think.

Is there a marked difference in manufacturing. 

What does the warning say?

Warning!  Read owners manual!  In big engraved letters down the barrel.  It’s horrible looking. I’m guessing someone shot their toe off and sued them or something. 

F03FA07F-2394-40CA-8F63-935C56295F20.jpeg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

5 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Warning!  Read owners manual!  In big engraved letters down the barrel. I’m guessing someone shot their toe off and sued them or something. 

That sir, could only happen on your side of the pond with your lawyers making a fast buck.😂

5 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Warning!  Read owners manual!  In big engraved letters down the barrel.  It’s horrible looking. I’m guessing someone shot their toe off and sued them or something. 

I think you’ll find that’s more to do with American litigation culture than anything to do with Lincoln shotguns. 
We may not have your firearms freedoms ( which is a matter of regret to me personally ) but we also don’t have comparable numbers of people killed with each ‘open’ season. 🙂
As you own several, you must know that ALL Ruger firearms are sold thus adorned? 

11 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Says that on pretty much everything you buy these days, or will do soon.

I'm all in favour of removing the warning labels and letting the stoopid work it's way out of the general population. Lol

That's a joke btw before someone complains...

9 hours ago, Scully said:

I think you’ll find that’s more to do with American litigation culture than anything to do with Lincoln shotguns. 
We may not have your firearms freedoms ( which is a matter of regret to me personally ) but we also don’t have comparable numbers of people killed with each ‘open’ season. 🙂
As you own several, you must know that ALL Ruger firearms are sold thus adorned? 

But in the 90s they were, but after people stopped buying them because of the huge warning they moved it to a hidden location on the bottom.  The fact the warning label is on it doesn’t bother me.  But the fact it’s 1/4in tall down the most visible part of the gun does. 

Nowadays Ruger puts it in small discrete locations. 

CAA357C8-241C-4FA4-A859-2E04A2A93203.jpeg.5eb9f572e133b819b463e6efcd303e39.jpeg

2 minutes ago, NoBodyImportant said:

But in the 90s they were, but after people stopped buying them because of the huge warning the moved it to a hidden location on the bottom.  The fact the warning label is on it doesn’t bother me.  But the fact it’s 1/4in tall down the most visible part of the gun does. 

So as I said, it’s nothing to do with Lincoln (FAIR) shotguns but entirely down to American litigation issues. 
My M77 came with the same warning heavily stamped onto it. It does spoil the look of guns admittedly. 

my pigeon gun is a f a i r jubilee in 20g,30in,3in chamber,weight 6lbs 4oz with pow stock beautifull to handle too,ive compared it with my mates lincoln also in 20g,and in my opinion they are miles apart in quality,also all the rizzini names are of the same family from what ive read,but varying in quality and price.

I have a Lincoln in 28gauge it’s on its own gauge action. I bought it new over 15years ago and it has been reliable with no problems. When I bought chokes for it they were advised as fitting FAIR, REM, and Franchi shotguns in 28gauge. I don’t think any shotguns would be junk as no one would buy them. My friend owns a Lincoln 20gauge and he hasn’t had any problems with it. 

On 04/10/2022 at 02:52, NoBodyImportant said:

A warning and iron sights on an O/U shotgun, defiantly not a UK model

Edited by Goldfish

6 hours ago, Goldfish said:

A warning and iron sights on an O/U shotgun, defiantly not a UK model

This particular model was 223 over 20g.  Thought it would make a good woods gun being a rifle shotgun combo.  

On 02/10/2022 at 12:04, bishop said:

F.A.I.R.  I think they are rizzini  owned? same as lincolns

Yes, in the USA they are sold as Rizzini

I'm taking delivery of four FAIR side by sides for an estate who want modern "English style" estate guns for not a ton of money. If they are anything like the FAIR Lincolns then I'll be very very happy. Lincoln shotguns are one of the most under rated shotguns out there imo. Sadly now the cost of new ones puts them in the second hand Beretta market so most people go for a second hand Beretta. 

1 hour ago, Fil said:

I'm taking delivery of four FAIR side by sides for an estate who want modern "English style" estate guns for not a ton of money. If they are anything like the FAIR Lincolns then I'll be very very happy. Lincoln shotguns are one of the most under rated shotguns out there imo. Sadly now the cost of new ones puts them in the second hand Beretta market so most people go for a second hand Beretta. 

Picked up a Lincoln 20 bore last week.So far---superb handling gun

finniganpink1210.jpg

newg2.jpg

canada lincoln.jpg

Edited by bishop