China to export Covid again.

Dave-G

Seems China is removing its Covid control travel restrictions - which I see as tantamount to wantonly exporting it around the world again given the extent of the problem they are currently plagued with again.

We have a very  large percentage of Chinese students about to return to our shores. Lets just hope UK, like Italy, gets tough and insists negative Covid tests are mandatory before allowing them onto flights into our country again. 

We simply cannot afford another pandemic.

Edited by Dave-G

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I think it’s time we all got back to normal to be honest.
We have vaccines now so should just get on with it as best we can. We need to just regard this as another flu and get on with our lives. 

Agreed. The sooner manufacturing returns to normal inside China, the better. It's still stagnating many industries and world economies for very little justification now. 

16 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Agreed. The sooner manufacturing returns to normal inside China, the better. It's still stagnating many industries and world economies for very little justification now. 

One good thing to come out of this is the relocation of some manufacturers from China. 

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

:good:

1 hour ago, oowee said:

One good thing to come out of this is the relocation of some manufacturers from China. 

:good:even better

Hello, the UK has already allowed over 100, 000 Chinese/ Hong Kong residents and families to settle in UK , those in mainland China would come on a holiday visa to visit relatives, not forgetting Chinese students wishing to study in UK , but many from mainland will visit warmer countries like Thailand , as for COVID restrictions I think to show a negative test at the very least would be my thoughts, was it really confirmed the COVID pandemic started in Wuhan ?? If that was the case then the Chinese government have a lot to answer for with the 1000s of COVID related deaths, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, the UK has already allowed over 100, 000 Chinese/ Hong Kong residents and families to settle in UK , those in mainland China would come on a holiday visa to visit relatives, not forgetting Chinese students wishing to study in UK , but many from mainland will visit warmer countries like Thailand , as for COVID restrictions I think to show a negative test at the very least would be my thoughts, was it really confirmed the COVID pandemic started in Wuhan ?? If that was the case then the Chinese government have a lot to answer for with the 1000s of COVID related deaths, 

Just to add it's not cheap for Chinese nationals getting a UK visa, I know having been to the British Embassy in Hong Kong , 

54 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

By not taking the appropriate precautions as our government should have done right from the beginning as now turned out to be a total world wide catastrophy with 100s of 1000s needless deaths, 

You can't put the lid on Pandora's box, when it is out it is out. Even if you could close down the country immediately it would still be a virus and capable of spreading, using the same logic we were culpable as we didn't stop all flights in and out. 

On 29/12/2022 at 07:24, henry d said:

I travelled to Spain a in October and there were no checks. We still have covid here so apart from prevalence what's the difference?

We went to Spain in September   and both came back with Covid having avoided it for the previous two years or more.

4 hours ago, Good shot? said:

We went to Spain in September   and both came back with Covid having avoided it for the previous two years or more.

Where did you catch it, outbound flight, Spain or inbound?

13 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Might it be wrong to just wonder if China knowingly allows its people to carry the cost of treatment away from them whilst also causing many other countries to incur that 'equalising' cost - financial and human life.

Tin foil time Dave 

1 minute ago, henry d said:

Come on Dave, have a word with yourself. If China did that, how has it worked out for them? (And if it's a secret how come you know?)

It put them in deep financial doodoo - but allowing it to spread around the world again also puts competing countries economies into financial crisis too.

And yes - I definitely think China is underhand enough to do exactly that.

Anyway - that's enough of your baiting for me today so troll on matey. :cool:

44 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

It put them in deep financial doodoo - but allowing it to spread around the world again also puts competing countries economies into financial crisis too....

So that means everyone is on an equal footing and in the 💩 

46 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

And yes - I definitely think China is underhand enough to do exactly that.

See the reply above. 

47 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Anyway - that's enough of your baiting for me today so troll on matey. 

Normally you ask for people's opinions, have a think Dave, why mess up everyone's economy as well as your own? Why put your loved ones at risk, or even yourself? 

3 hours ago, henry d said:

Come on Dave, have a word with yourself. If China did that, how has it worked out for them? (And if it's a secret how come you know?)

Tell us Henry, do you have any inside knowledge the rest of the world's population don't have? If not, why make such cocky condescending posts as if you know with certainty exactly what happened? 

As always, I won't expect a reply.