Labour at it again.

Gunman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was mentioned in my Google news about a private member's bill to ban pump action guns this is obviously put forward by some one who spent time playing with computer games and watching action films were its always the weapon of choice were as in reality a side by side can be reloaded and fired far quicker after the initial three shots 

20 hours ago, Rewulf said:

It does jndeed , a useless snivelling waste of space.
Can you imagine him as PM ? I think Id rather have had Corbyn 

Neither for me thanks. the cozy swamp swaps must end, we need people that work not shirk their way through their terms not wreck thlngs  then take a rest?

How we achieve this I have no idea?

BASC has briefed Labour MPs and written to the office of Sir Keir Starmer, offering to meet in person to discuss the topic of firearms licensing in more detail, following comments that he made during the LBC Radio interview including: “There are many illegally-owned guns out there and there are legally-owned guns, which I don’t think should be in the hands of the people who are legally owning them”, and: “people have access to guns that they shouldn’t have access to”.

https://basc.org.uk/basc-briefs-labour-party-following-firearms-licensing-comments/

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Well done Conor, he needs to clarify what he's talking about with those comments 👍

I seriously doubt he knows what he’s talking about; just another politician doing more harm than good through sheer ignorance and an eagerness to score points at every opportunity. 

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

I seriously doubt he knows what he’s talking about; just another politician doing more harm than good through sheer ignorance and an eagerness to score points at every opportunity. 

His words are carefully chosen non the less. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Really? If so then from what he said, he doesn’t think there should be any legally owned guns out there
At least we now know where he stands on the subject of firearms ownership come voting time. 

There are certainly some in his party of that view (with a very few exceptions for certain occupational needs).  There is also much talk in his party of enforcing storage of guns in an armoury at a club (which to me makes a really attractive target to the criminal).

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Really? If so then from what he said, he doesn’t think there should be any legally owned guns out there. 
At least we now know where he stands on the subject of firearms ownership come voting time. 

Realy? 

“We’ve had these incidents from time to time with guns, there was one down in Plymouth last year, and every time there is , there’s evidence, which I am concerned about, that people have access to guns that they shouldn’t have access to.

“Now with illegal access that’s a pure matter of criminal law. But other people where better checks should be taken on circulation of guns. So I think that we need to look again as to whether those laws are strong enough.”

14 hours ago, oowee said:

Realy? 

“We’ve had these incidents from time to time with guns, there was one down in Plymouth last year, and every time there is , there’s evidence, which I am concerned about, that people have access to guns that they shouldn’t have access to.

“Now with illegal access that’s a pure matter of criminal law. But other people were better checks should be taken on circulation of guns. So I think that we need to look again as to whether those laws are strong enough.”

Which just goes to prove my point, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about! If he knew what he was talking about, and honest with the facts, he would have said that ‘we have some of the most restrictive firearms licensing legislation in the world, yet these things happen mostly due to the Police not administering that legislation and guidance consistently and effectively.’

The quotation marks are mine of course.

But he’s the leader of the opposition isn’t he, so honesty plays no part. 

The Police issued the license in the case Starmer referred to, seized that firearm and then returned it to him despite growing concern he wasn’t suitable to possess. 
Durham constabulary did exactly the same with Atherton, with a very similar outcome. 
It is never the Police however which bear the consequences, but innocent lives lost and increasing legislation for legitimate firearms holders who played no part but share the guilt by association. 
If we based and administered other licensing systems by the same manner, there would be very few vehicles on the road. 

Edited by Scully

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Which just goes to prove my point, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about! If he knew what he was talking about, and honest with the facts, he would have said that ‘we have some of the most restrictive firearms licensing legislation in the world, yet these things happen mostly to the Police not administering that legislation and guidance consistently and effectively.’

The quotation marks are mine of course.

But he’s the leader of the opposition isn’t he, so honesty plays no part. 

The Police issued the license in the case Starmer referred to, seized that firearm and then returned it to him despite growing concern he wasn’t suitable to possess. 
Durham constabulary did exactly the same with Atherton, with a very similar outcome. 
It is never the Police however which bear the consequences, but innocent lives lost and increasing legislation for legitimate firearms holders who played no part but share the guilt by association. 
If we based and administered other licensing systems by the same manner, there would be very few vehicles on the road. 

On the bloody nose!

48 minutes ago, oowee said:

As I said.

His words were carefully chosen. Factual to a fault but carefully chosen nonetheless. 

No, I don’t get that at all. What he said displayed a clear misunderstanding ( or ignorance ) of the facts or how things work and where responsibility lay.