Dentists.

samboy

40 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

I've just been to the Dentists for a check up and was in the chair about 90 seconds. Was told they are ok and was charged £23.

I've been in the wrong game all my life. 

thats cheap.........i cant get a dentist....so i tried private...was told i would have to wait 9 mths to see someone ....but i could have a pre-check on the wednesday it was for 10 mins ...i was quoted £243 .......i have also tried to bribe 10 dentists in my area to take me on....i offered £2000 quid in cash.....none of them are interested....

if i found a dentist on fire on the side of the road i wouldnt even stop and wee on him/it.............they are the scum of the earth

In a way you are lucky to still have a dentist , after being with the same one for over 40 years I was chucked off the list because I didn't make an appointment at the end of the pandemic , when I did the the ole girl who was that fat could hardly get in the chair said with a smirk on her face , I am sorry you have no longer got a dentist and no one in my area is taking on any new N H S patients , so that's it , since that day I have had four single teeth that had become loose and not a word of a lie I have ended up taking them out myself , trouble is now I am running out of teeth to take out , another sign of getting over the hill :lol:

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

In a way you are lucky to still have a dentist , after being with the same one for over 40 years I was chucked off the list because I didn't make an appointment at the end of the pandemic , when I did the the ole girl who was that fat could hardly get in the chair said with a smirk on her face , I am sorry you have no longer got a dentist and no one in my area is taking on any new N H S patients , so that's it , since that day I have had four single teeth that had become loose and not a word of a lie I have ended up taking them out myself , trouble is now I am running out of teeth to take out , another sign of getting over the hill :lol:

my last top tooth came out when i sneezed.......put a .22 Hornet to shame it did....

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

my last top tooth came out when i sneezed.......put a .22 Hornet to shame it did....

My grand daughter recon it is the height of meanness pulling your own teeth out , although when I said it might be a few more notes coming her way when my time is up she quickly said , then I hope you pull out what few you have got left , at the moment I haven't got any false ones but now it's going to be toss up of who is going to drop out first , me or the teeth , could be a close call :drinks:

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

My friends daughter is a dentist. When she was doing her training she said some of the other students only topic of conversation was how much money they intended to make once they qualified.

Well, you don’t enter that profession to endure day after day of rank foul smelling breath, without knowing you’re going to be rewarded for it. 

36 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Apparently 16% of dentists in UK earn over £500,000 a year. I could stand a bit of bad breath for that

Knew I chose the wrong profession!!!

But I also know some ‘plastic’s’ guys who aren’t far off that too. 

But back to that smell, Uuurgh. 
Had a tempo crown fitted last year and I was so apologetic on its removal 🤢

11 hours ago, davewh100 said:

dentist and vets a license to print money

I went to the dentist for the first time since Covid and was charged £28 for a scale and check up, I went to the vets Last monday with dog £197 ,just  to add the consultation time was about same at both places and the vets fee was £30 and the rest was for meds ! 

so thats not over the top for 15 minutes work if you take into account the upkeep of the buildings and staff !

Edited by derbyduck

1 hour ago, Houseplant said:

A serious point. The cost to the consumer of dental and veterinary services gives an idea of the real financial cost of human medicine. Those of us lucky enough to live in countries with public healthcare systems rarely appreciate the costs because we've never had to pay. 

That's true, I have lived in America and seen it from the other side.

But in America you can shop around for treatment which to an extent is better than the monopoly that the NHS holds over us

23 hours ago, derbyduck said:

I went to the dentist for the first time since Covid and was charged £28 for a scale and check up, I went to the vets Last monday with dog £197 ,just  to add the consultation time was about same at both places and the vets fee was £30 and the rest was for meds ! 

so thats not over the top for 15 minutes work if you take into account the upkeep of the buildings and staff !

wife is a dental hygienist in a private practice no £28 is not bad any other work can be a fortune, ad to take my dog to the vets as he was limping turned out he ad split one of his claws £375 in for 10 mins with antibiotics 

On 22/02/2023 at 16:35, derbyduck said:

Ayup 28 quid is good, I go to the dentist on Ashgate Road and a check up is 40 odd quid and they had a promotion on for a clean/scale 45 quid. 

Got really hacked off with my dentist recently as we agreed a course of treatment in November including root canal and crown which had to be private but they just keep putting it off and insisting on an “assessment”. So decided to go with another dentist but only taking private. Gave me an appointment within four days cost £50. Full assessment and looked at the broken tooth and said no need for root canal or crown. All could be done with a bonded filling and same with tooth next door at a total cost of £200 and done evening in four weeks.

so what was the first dentist up to and secondly I think that’s pretty good service from the new dentist. All will be done in the time the first dentist was going to take to do the assessment.

On 22/02/2023 at 16:35, derbyduck said:

Get a prescription (usually under £20) and buy the Meds online, Vets put around 400% mark up on Drugs, even my Vet wont buy Meds from the practice he works at.