Question Time

old'un

5 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

Before QT even started last night I watched the news and felt bedraggled.

Then it started and Fiona Bruce had some sort of grip on the imbeciles on the panel.

Next up some debate on the taffs not having any new roads in their beloved lands, because they's prefer fancy lunches more than roads.

United Kingdom ? All for the greater good......? 

Scotland and Wales can make their own way as far as i'm concerned. Fed up with the bitching and moaning about the English (the huge majority) dragging everything down to gutter level. Take your own taxes and revenues and Westminster shoulds keep English money from taxes . See how you get on in the land of independence. See if the EU will accept your great countries. Just do it !    

Show your metal rather than keep sponging and run your own parliaments and live by your elected. 

These "debates" are nothing short of an embarrassment !    

To be fair Scotland voted to remain part of the UK. 

The independence movement in Wales is tiny and they also gave a strong leave vote to the EU. 

Think you've possibly spent too much time reading salacious 'news'. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

Then it started and Fiona Bruce had some sort of grip on the imbeciles on the panel.

Next up some debate on the taffs not having any new roads in their beloved lands, because they's prefer fancy lunches more than roads.

Scotland and Wales can make their own way as far as i'm concerned. Fed up with the bitching and moaning about the English (the huge majority) dragging everything down to gutter level. Take your own taxes and revenues and Westminster shoulds keep English money from taxes . See how you get on in the land of independence. See if the EU will accept your great countries. Just do it !    

Show your metal rather than keep sponging and run your own parliaments and live by your elected. 

Wales will never achieve independence. In doing so they (Welsh government) would be killing thier one and only hostage.

If they can't blame England for their shortfalls then even their country will turn to them for answers which they have not and will not ever have.

These past few years Welsh government have shown even more incompetence than Westminster and yet they'll do what they've always done, blame the English. Then come voting time they'll sail home on a wave of labour support and begin another 4 years of driving Wales further into the dark ages.

16 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

Recently I wa at a presentation by EDF who have a proposed renewables scheme on a mountain overlooking our village, which the majority of people are in favour. In the conversation, it came up that they or anyone else cannot get planning permission to install renewable kit anywhere in the SE as there is so much NIMBYism and the local MPs don't support it as they don't want to get kicked off the gravy train.

He said the only place they can look to build is in Wales or the North!

Yes Wales and Scotland should make their own way and earn their income from renewables and water that is exported to the SE, I won't even say England because not all English regions are equal the North and South West are equally exploited.

Rant over

52 minutes ago, smokingdragon said:

Recently I wa at a presentation by EDF who have a proposed renewables scheme on a mountain overlooking our village, which the majority of people are in favour. In the conversation, it came up that they or anyone else cannot get planning permission to install renewable kit anywhere in the SE as there is so much NIMBYism and the local MPs don't support it as they don't want to get kicked off the gravy train.

He said the only place they can look to build is in Wales or the North!

Yes Wales and Scotland should make their own way and earn their income from renewables and water that is exported to the SE, I won't even say England because not all English regions are equal the North and South West are equally exploited.

Rant over

Utter nonsense. In the southeast it’s the green belt that stops all development. 

To suggest that Wales is exploited is hilarious. What has Wales got that anyone wants /or  is capable of exploitation?

Keep your sheep, keep your close harmony male voice choirs, your crackpot devolved government, keep your utterly pointless language but have a go at paying your own bills eh?

45 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Utter nonsense. In the southeast it’s the green belt that stops all development. 

To suggest that Wales is exploited is hilarious. What has Wales got that anyone wants /or  is capable of exploitation?

Keep your sheep, keep your close harmony male voice choirs, your crackpot devolved government, keep your utterly pointless language but have a go at paying your own bills eh?

Not that I support Independence or anything but doesn't Wales supply millions of gallons of water across the boarder every year to supply most of the Midlands?

I can see massive issues should that supply be regulated and charged at a profitable rate.

It would take years for the infrastructure to be updated in Liverpool, Cheshire, Birmingham etc to meet the demands and likely wouldn’t happen anyway.

If I remember my secondary school history correctly, lots of vulnerable people were displaced by Westminster so they're homes could be demolished and the valleys flooded to create reservoirs to exclusively serve those areas over the boarder. If that's not exploitation then?

Edited by Poor Shot

4 hours ago, Poor Shot said:

Not that I support Independence or anything but doesn't Wales supply millions of gallons of water across the boarder every year to supply most of the Midlands?

I can see massive issues should that supply be regulated and charged at a profitable rate.

It would take years for the infrastructure to be updated in Liverpool, Cheshire, Birmingham etc to meet the demands and likely wouldn’t happen anyway.

If I remember my secondary school history correctly, lots of vulnerable people were displaced by Westminster so they're homes could be demolished and the valleys flooded to create reservoirs to exclusively serve those areas over the boarder. If that's not exploitation then?

Is that it? That’s the economic and financial driver behind welsh independence and the source of Welsh exploitation by the English?

You are joking of course 😆😆

Good one, you nearly got me.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

Is that it? That’s the economic and financial driver behind welsh independence and the source of Welsh exploitation by the English?

You are joking of course 😆😆

Good one, you nearly got me.

The arrogance on this one eh? An almost unique English quality that you just can't get anywhere else.

You asked What has Wales got that anyone wants /or  is capable of exploitation, I answered.

36 minutes ago, Poor Shot said:

You asked What has Wales got that anyone wants /or  is capable of exploitation, I answered.

And you answered with, of all things, drinking water 😂

The one thing that comes out of the sky in such copious quantities in this country, and the management of which seems to elude us in the 21st century? 

On 24/02/2023 at 12:43, Rem260 said:

It gets worse. In America some banks have been closing accounts when they have seen that their customers have bought anything gun related.

My friend who is an RFD said some time ago that it's very hard for an RFD to get a bank account in this country and he knows people who have been driven out of business when their banks have just pulled the plug on them for no reason.

It's all to do with their "ethical" banking policy. What ever that is ?

1 hour ago, Poor Shot said:

The arrogance on this one eh? An almost unique English quality that you just can't get anywhere else.

So it’s water that wales have eh? Where and how in the future could we get any of that stuff that falls out of the sky.  We could use the money we pour into wales to… (1) buy it for less (2) pipe it (3) store it etc 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_fiscal_balance

Shame about the Rugby too.

Any suggestion that Wales could go it own their own is just ridiculous that is unless there’s a hidden plan to send them back to the stoneage, short journey that that would be 😆

Edited by Mungler

On 24/02/2023 at 21:54, 12gauge82 said:

To be fair Scotland voted to remain part of the UK. 

The independence movement in Wales is tiny and they also gave a strong leave vote to the EU. 

Think you've possibly spent too much time reading salacious 'news'. 

I think you ought to man up and at least fill in your location. 

Granted at least the Welsh see through the trees and know where their bread is buttered.

Your last sentence is insulting sir.

You are the sort who doesn't like home truths. Bitter and twisted. Typical Scot empathizer who dishes it up and doesn't appreciate southern retaliation.

Put your cards on the table. 

Edited by Whitebridges

1 hour ago, Whitebridges said:

Granted at least the Welsh see through the trees and know where their bread is buttered.

You are the sort who doesn't like home truths. Bitter and twisted. Typical Scot empathizer who dishes it up and doesn't appreciate southern retaliation.

What a sad post , almost had me crying

Edited by AULD YIN

8 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

I live in England, I do not want to publicly display where. 

You say I'm bitter and twisted, yet my opinion on Scottish or Welsh independence is somewhat indifferent. In my opinion, if either nation want to go independent, that's up to the people of those countries to decide, I'd rather neither leave the union, I believe we'd all be worse off if they did and I also believe some of the parties such as the snp have set out with an anti English rhetoric, which you certainly seem to have bought in to, hence your clear anger. 

At the end of the day, neither nation has yet chosen to leave, but people such as yourself, insulting Scottish and Welsh people and collectively tarring them all with the same brush is no better than what Nicola Stergeon has lowered herself to at times. 

12 hours ago, Mungler said:

So it’s water that wales have eh? Where and how in the future could we get any of that stuff that falls out of the sky.  We could use the money we pour into wales to… (1) buy it for less (2) pipe it (3) store it etc 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_fiscal_balance

Shame about the Rugby too.

Any suggestion that Wales could go it own their own is just ridiculous that is unless there’s a hidden plan to send them back to the stoneage, short journey that that would be 😆

What you know about water you could write on a postage stamp with your name and address after what you said on the Nicola Bulley thread 🤣😂

I dont think the u.k nat parties are planning to 'go it alone',

They are planning a confederation of celtic nations along the lines of the Nordic block countries, it works well in scandinavia and there is no reason  economically, socially or politically a similar alliance wouldnt work for our celtic fringe countries,

18 hours ago, Vince Green said:

My friend who is an RFD said some time ago that it's very hard for an RFD to get a bank account in this country and he knows people who have been driven out of business when their banks have just pulled the plug on them for no reason.

It's all to do with their "ethical" banking policy. What ever that is ?

That would be Selective ethical banking no doubt.

What you know about water you could write on a postage stamp with your name and address after what you said on the Nicola Bulley thread 🤣😂

Well, after that stunning put down, I agree with everything Rim Fire posts. There is no logic and little or no content, but I am wary of receiving a similar put down.

4 hours ago, janner said:

They are planning a confederation of celtic nations along the lines of the Nordic block countries, it works well in scandinavia and there is no reason  economically, socially or politically a similar alliance wouldnt work for our celtic fringe countries,

You are joking right? 

37 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Well, after that stunning put down, I agree with everything Rim Fire posts. There is no logic and little or no content, but I am wary of receiving a similar put down.

😆😆😆😆😆😆

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You are joking right? 

You know you’re about to waste your time right? 😆