Super power sinuses

team tractor

I’ve had the dreaded covid twice and lost taste and smell the second time. A year later and my sense of smell is amazing . 
I work in dust as a joiner and have never been able to smell anything. A few examples.

I can smell sugar in a cup of tea .

My mate said can you smell that weed as a car drove by . I’ve never ever smelt it but I now can .

Body odour . I can detect that and bad breath on people . 

Anyone else had this ? 

11 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I think 'er indoors has that issue wi me, even when I have my bi annual soak in the bath.

I know understand why my mrs complains about my *** 😂

9 minutes ago, ph5172 said:

I can’t say I have noticed that but my taste has definitely changed and I’m not keen on some things I was 

My taste in women has 😂

i wonder if the reason is because the covid had had a physicle effect on the brain ...or has it damaged the smell buds in your nose and they have grown back again ...stronger.......im pleased things are better for you.....but it would be nice to know what really happened as a result of getting covid...

maybe its like breaking a leg.....the break mends and becomes stronger than the original bone....maybe ....i dont know..............i think there is still alot that we dont understand about covid and contracting it..

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i wonder if the reason is because the covid had had a physicle effect on the brain ...or has it damaged the smell buds in your nose and they have grown back again ...stronger.......im pleased things are better for you.....but it would be nice to know what really happened as a result of getting covid...

maybe its like breaking a leg.....the break mends and becomes stronger than the original bone....maybe ....i dont know..............i think there is still alot that we dont understand about covid and contracting it..

Funny enough when I broke my leg it’s been weaker than ever I’d say 😂😂😂. I know what you mean tho 👍

5 hours ago, team tractor said:

I’ve had the dreaded covid twice and lost taste and smell the second time. A year later and my sense of smell is amazing . 
I work in dust as a joiner and have never been able to smell anything. A few examples.

I can smell sugar in a cup of tea .

My mate said can you smell that weed as a car drove by . I’ve never ever smelt it but I now can .

Body odour . I can detect that and bad breath on people . 

Anyone else had this ? 

I have had. M.E/ CFS for 28 years  all this time my sense of smell is very strong. , certain cleaning products. And cheap perfumes I can't stand . 

My wife, who along with myself, had Covid in December 2020 still cannot taste or smell anything. She tastes with her 'mind' if that makes sense. It's handy for me though, because as long as I break wind silently, I can get away with it!

Edited by steve_b_wales

I've always been able to smell sugar in tea.  

Can smell weed 1/2way down our street from 6 doors away. Smell coffee from Nestles 4 miles away.

Smell beer when it's off.

Sniff fox's out. 

Sniff out a bit of totty from 6 months away 

Edited by Dougy

12 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I've always been able to smell sugar in tea.  

Can smell weed 1/ way down our street from 6 doors away. Smell coffee from Nestles 4 mimes away.

Smell beer when it's off.

Sniff fox's out. 

Sniff out a bit of totty from 6 months away 

Bet you have a wet nose and shinny  coat 😀😀

On 01/06/2023 at 17:26, steve_b_wales said:

My wife, who along with myself, had Covid in December 2020 still cannot taste or smell anything. She tastes with her 'mind' if that makes sense. It's handy for me though, because as long as I break wind silently, I can get away with it!

What’s her cooking like ? 😂

it reminds me of a joke .

man goes to the doctors . 
“doctor help me . I’m farting all the time but my farts are silent but don’t really smell  “

The doctor says “ take these tablets and come back in a week “ 

After a week the man goes back to the doctor and says “ I don’t know what those tablets are but my farts stink now “ 

The doctor replies “ great now your sinuses are fixed we’ll work on your hearing 😂.