discobob

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, discobob said:
1. With the UN trying to set up control of misinformation at a global level are we heading to 1984 and thought policing

2. Are we heading into a society which will result in people being digitally excluded due to age and/or disability and will UBI our future

I can guarantee that the general populations will not like where they end up?

Serious schemes for total control of the masses seem the order of the day?

7 hours ago, discobob said:

Before I posted this up I made a prediction, wrote it down and put it in an envelope and entrusted it to my good woman. I have just had her open it and showed her your post Grant. 

she now thinks I can tell the future and wants me to do the lottery 😂

Its good to have certainty in life 🤣

1 hour ago, old man said:

I can guarantee that the general populations will not like where they end up?

Serious schemes for total control of the masses seem the order of the day?

The masses are kept in the dark, blinded by inconsequential tat.

21 hours ago, discobob said:

Just been contacted - looks like I am going on Question Time tomorrow evening - just got to come up with a question that is in the news???

With yet another mass stabbing of people unable to defend themselves, is it time for citizens to have a right to be armed?

Edited by Smudger687

7 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

With yet another mass stabbing of people unable to defend themselves, is it time for citizens to have a right to be armed?

Twittah is full of outraged ladies who've just discovered that carrying pepper spray is a firearms offence, and other ladies pointing out that deep heat comes in spray can form & is perfectly legal to purchase

42 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Twittah is full of outraged ladies who've just discovered that carrying pepper spray is a firearms offence, and other ladies pointing out that deep heat comes in spray can form & is perfectly legal to purchase

But not legal to carry for self-defence. We don't have a right to carry anything explicitly for self-defence. 

1 hour ago, Smudger687 said:

No chance as no benchmark such as a constitution, again, seemingly all by design?

Possibly amongst the most surveilled plebs in the world too?

That time has long since passed in my opinion. The police cannot protect anyone, and as cliched as ‘when seconds count the police are minutes away’ is, it is nonetheless true.
It’s time the general public started taking their own protection into their own hands. 

6 minutes ago, Scully said:

That time has long since passed in my opinion. The police cannot protect anyone, and as cliched as ‘when seconds count the police are minutes away’ is, it is nonetheless true.
It’s time the general public started taking their own protection into their own hands. 

It's all well and good to say this but if you defend yourself against a threat and then get railroaded and incarcerated by the state for doing so it's debateable whether you're much better off in the end. 

7 minutes ago, old man said:

No chance as no benchmark such as a constitution, again, seemingly all by design?

Possibly amongst the most surveilled plebs in the world too?

We did have the right to bear arms, as mentioned by Blackstone, but as everything can be changed by an act of parliament, it was stripped from us. I agree that there's no chance of it happenig, but assuming it would even be allowed, it's nonetheless worth asking the question whilst the wider UK public watches. 

55 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

But not legal to carry for self-defence. We don't have a right to carry anything explicitly for self-defence. 

But they're not carrying it for self-defence, it's to treat an old hockey injury doncha know?

43 minutes ago, Scully said:

I do wonder just how much the British public will put up with before this particular form of mass-law breaking becomes accepted.

49 minutes ago, Smudger687 said:

It's all well and good to say this but if you defend yourself against a threat and then get railroaded and incarcerated by the state for doing so it's debateable whether you're much better off in the end. 

At least you stand a chance of being alive to defend yourself in court.
The people in Nottingham were like lambs to slaughter  against a determined and armed attacker, if the public have no right to carry weapons for self defence, youre simply going to see more and more of this.
There is too much fear of legal retaliation if members of the public step in to stop crimes being committed.

13 hours ago, oowee said:

How long should we wait for a referendum on joining the EU? 

I think the length of time between the 1st and the 2nd is a good yardstick, so 41 years 😎

16 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

But they're not carrying it for self-defence, it's to treat an old hockey injury doncha know?

I do wonder just how much the British public will put up with before this particular form of mass-law breaking becomes accepted.

These days everyone needs a narrative before going out?

The chimps in charge really don't care a fig at present and continue to ignore the rising trends due to their innate arrogance?

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

At least you stand a chance of being alive to defend yourself in court.
The people in Nottingham were like lambs to slaughter  against a determined and armed attacker, if the public have no right to carry weapons for self defence, youre simply going to see more and more of this.
There is too much fear of legal retaliation if members of the public step in to stop crimes being committed.

Again I agree, my initial comment was for OP to ask the question as to whether we the public should have the right to be armed. 

Again I agree, my initial comment was for OP to ask the question as to whether we the public should have the right to be armed. 

We should have a society where no-one needs to be armed - however with things like stop and search being withdrawn (for any ethnicity) plod has no way of actually catching these guys (plus they need to be on the streets and not at a McDonalds drive through....)

53 minutes ago, discobob said:

We should have a society where no-one needs to be armed - however with things like stop and search being withdrawn (for any ethnicity) plod has no way of actually catching these guys (plus they need to be on the streets and not at a McDonalds drive through....)

We should live in a society where everyone has the right to be armed, however we've had decades of an increasingly authoritarian ruling class that have stripped that right from us. The plod's main job is not to protect the public but to protect the ruling class.

If you do get the opportunity to ask, I'd be grateful if you did. The right to bear arms is the hallmark of a free society, it's about time that ancient right was restored. 

2 hours ago, discobob said:

It's about time magistrates backed the police          watch police interceptors wreck three police cars no licence no insurance or MOT twenty hours working in a charity shop as a penalty

My mate had a youf in court when sentenced youf threw a bottle of coke at the magistrate, no further sentence for competent of court can see why police seem not to bother

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Or "As he's now longer an MP and might be looking for an alternative occupation would members of the team buy a used car from Boris Johnson?"

what like in a Landrover dealership.............they are all liars as well

3 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

“Does the panel agree that Labour and the Tories should amalgamate and become purple as no matter which party gets in they all lie to suit their own ends’

:shaun:

I was tempted to take a packet of Rizzla papers and say that I couldn’t get one between the two parties 

Unfortunately I didn’t get picked to question or comment