RIP Sad news White Lodge Shooting School, Thornton Abbey Lincolnshire

RIP 

A murder investigation has been launched after the bodies of two people were found at a shooting range in North Lincolnshire.

Emergency services were called to an address on College Road, near Thornton Curtis, at around 3.40pm on Friday (July 14) following reports of a concern for safety. Upon arrival, the body of a man and a woman were discovered at the property. Paramedics attended the scene but both the man and woman were sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

There was a large police presence around the White Lodge Shooting School, near Thornton Abbey, between Goxhill and North Killingholme from Friday afternoon. Several police vehicles were seen in the grounds and a tent was erected as forensic teams scoured the areas and inside the main building.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/murder-investigation-launched-two-people-8603367

4 hours ago, Genghis said:

Have they formally confirmed the identities yet?

Maybe the police haven’t but I live very close and it’s a small local community. Everyone has confirmed it’s Robert and Rose. 

All I know is he was very depressed because she was leaving him, and the house in all photos is where Robert was living (the matrimonial home)/ shooting ground.

So yes, saying Robert shot Rose before shooting himself is speculation, because it could have been the other way round, but I find that very very hard to believe. 

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

you have to be in a very very dark place to do that............so sad

15 minutes ago, London Best said:

Very, very dark place is simply woke speak.

From reading his contributions on here Mr Ditchman is the last person I would describe as Woke 😳

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

you have to be in a very very dark place to do that............so sad

This 👆 so much for the doctors report to have his ticket nobody can tell when  your mind is going to snap or what problem will push you over the edge 

A very similar story to the one documented on TV last week. Wife leaves, he has his guns removed by Police, however he took an old hammer gun from his Parents home. He then went  to his Wife's new home, shot and killed her. He then attempted suicide but missed. He survived his injuries and is now serving a Life sentence.

I do not know about a 'cowards way out', I think it takes a very mentally disturbed person to carry out something like this, I know, as I have dealt with quite a few in the past.

3 hours ago, Westley said:

I do not know about a 'cowards way out', I think it takes a very mentally disturbed person to carry out something like this, I know, as I have dealt with quite a few in the past.

He committed murder - both legally and literally. Regardless of what he was going through, he had no right to do what he did.

I won’t say any more as there’s obviously a few here who knew the man personally.