Liverpool - what to do?

markm

Down form Newcastle a few days scouting things out for my 16 year old, who starts college down there at the end of Aug. 

Suggestions please (On a budget-ish) as we are off on hols to Florida next week. Must be wife friendly (lol). 

Edited by markm

Son used to live close to the centre of liverpool, when we went up a few times and stayed in a hotel we used ibis Styles, Liverpool Centre, Dale Street.
It's clean and tidy, fairly cheap and you can walk to the city centre, Parking is just round the corner, it is on a busy street , but to be honest we never noticed any noise.
It's got a slight Beatles theme, but then doesn't everything in liverpool lol.

Always stay at The Pullman Hotel, great rates and at the docks in a quiet spot, parking round the corner in secure car park...with reduced rates from hotel. Good stroll round the docks, go see the Cathedral its a must. Some good museums at the dock area, get ferry across the Mersey to see the ww2 Submarine. Liverpool L1 shopping area, Mathew Street more bars than you can drink in.

If you like Indian food try Mowgli, 3 water street L2 0RD, went a year or so ago , food served in tiffin tins, amazing flavours, let the waiters guide you they know whats good.
And on Saturday we went with Son to Bouchon 55 castle street L2 9TN, a french restaurant, very good food.

PXL_20230721_184450128.jpg

PXL_20230721_184502958.jpg

PXL_20230721_180406419.jpg

PXL_20230721_182019907.jpg

As already said, some excellent museums and displays, if that is your 'thing'. There are some excellent Restaurants in Bold Street, producing a wide variety of International cuisine. Also a very good rail link to Southport or Chester from Central Station (20 minutes service). At Chester Station, there is a circular bus service which will take you to the City centre. Plenty to see at both of those locations. If you go to Southport, Walkers of Wesley Street is a highly recommended cafe.

2 hours ago, London Best said:

The ‘in’ thing to do in Liverpool used to be standing watching your car and continually counting the wheels!

I have been retired for 22 years and they had stopped nicking wheels before that. Nobody wants them any more as most cars come already fitted with alloys.  🙂

13 minutes ago, Genghis said:

All jokes aside, the last time I went to Liverpool I came back to my parked car to find that someone had stolen the front windscreen wiper blades.

They have a reputation well-deserved, in my opinion.

Calm down, calm down 😉

• 6 months later...
On 26/07/2023 at 10:10, markm said:

Down form Newcastle a few days scouting things out for my 16 year old, who starts college down there at the end of Aug. 

Suggestions please (On a budget-ish) as we are off on hols to Florida next week. Must be wife friendly (lol). 

Did you have a nice time 😉