40p for toilet

mossy835

33 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

I found my way out eventually obviously no money left in my pocket 😂

I asked a local at a fork in the road  does it matter what way I go to get to get to luddon bridge 

he replied 

not to me it doesn’t 🙄🤔

He was right O F , you can get to the bridge at loddon from any direction , the only difference is that some routes are longer than others :hmm:.

13 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I'm a fan of Waitrose free coffee , latte mmmmmmm

A man of my own heart , the nearest Waitrose to us is over 25 miles so we have a run out every other week and make a day of it by having a run up the coast and calling in the shop on the way back , we don't find it much dearer than other supermarkets and on a Sunday afternoon we get a lot of decent food that have been reduced , the shop is always spotless , the staff are friendly and the cafeateria is in a nice bright area , as I said earlier , I treat myself to a Latte and read one of the class magazines and then get two free coffees when we go out and enjoy one of the reduced sandwiches . I can certainly vouch you don't have to be well off to shop at Waitrose .:good:

P S   Last Sunday we had another freebie , might had been the same around your way , but last week was a Heritage Open Day where all the places had a free entry day , so last Sunday we went to the Broads Museum that is on the way to Waitrose , we had a good hour or so looking at all the old relics and the entry on a normal day is £7 each . we left a small donation but it was still a cheap day out  😋

57 minutes ago, marsh man said:

He was right O F , you can get to the bridge at loddon from any direction , the only difference is that some routes are longer than others .

A man of my own heart , the nearest Waitrose to us is over 25 miles so we have a run out every other week and make a day of it by having a run up the coast and calling in the shop on the way back , we don't find it much dearer than other supermarkets and on a Sunday afternoon we get a lot of decent food that have been reduced , the shop is always spotless , the staff are friendly and the cafeateria is in a nice bright area , as I said earlier , I treat myself to a Latte and read one of the class magazines and then get two free coffees when we go out and enjoy one of the reduced sandwiches . I can certainly vouch you don't have to be well off to shop at Waitrose .:good:

P S   Last Sunday we had another freebie , might had been the same around your way , but last week was a Heritage Open Day where all the places had a free entry day , so last Sunday we went to the Broads Museum that is on the way to Waitrose , we had a good hour or so looking at all the old relics and the entry on a normal day is £7 each . we left a small donation but it was still a cheap day out  😋

Hello, nice post mm, off to Waitrose today but mine is a 15 minute walk 🤔🙄😁

15 minutes ago, oowee said:

Talking about expensive loos reminds me that my friends spent over £5k on just a toilet bowl for their en-suite. Apparently it has warm water and a drier but I have not been able to blag my way in to use it. 

A drier? 
Would that be an hearse drier? As in a drier for one’s hearse? Amazing.

26 minutes ago, old man said:

Good enough for bears, good enough for me. Dock leaves good, laurel not so.

There is never a dock leaf when you need it most. 
If out for the whole day, stalking or whatever, I always carry tissue. 
There is always a bog roll in the Land Rover. 
It disappears very quickly when wet, and I always bury it with loose soil or leaves.

5 hours ago, oowee said:

Talking about expensive loos reminds me that my friends spent over £5k on just a toilet bowl for their en-suite. Apparently it has warm water and a drier but I have not been able to blag my way in to use it. 

5 bloody grand for a crapper..:w00t:....for 5k i would want one that looks like miss world and licks yer chuff clean and blows gently on it to dry it....then dust it down with lily -of-the-valley talc...using a mink pouff

7 hours ago, Miserableolgit said:

Back in the olden days a lot of public toilets had a little machine on the individual cubicle doors which accepted an old penny which would unlock the door and permit you use the facilities. You rarely hear the term "I need to spend a penny" being used nowadays.

I can well remember the ones you mention we had in Yarmouth , these ones had doors that were about 6 / 7 inches off the ground , as we were young and nimble it was easy for us to slide underneath the door , this was not to spend a penny but to save one , we used the phase , every little help way before Tesco's cotton on .:lol:

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

I can well remember the ones you mention we had in Yarmouth , these ones had doors that were about 6 / 7 inches off the ground , as we were young and nimble it was easy for us to slide underneath the door , this was not to spend a penny but to save one , we used the phase , every little help way before Tesco's cotton on .:lol:

You were a braver man than me with the sliding routine... or maybe the toilet floors were cleaner and dryer over there in Yarmouth than they were in my hometown 🤢😆

3 minutes ago, Miserableolgit said:

You were a braver man than me with the sliding routine... or maybe the toilet floors were cleaner and dryer over there in Yarmouth than they were in my hometown 🤢😆

Believe it or not they were spotless , this would be from the mid 60s to well into the 70s , we also had the public slipper baths next door , they were victorian buildings and had a paid cleaner who kept the toilets clean and highly polished the brass machines where you put your ole pennies in the slot and then turned the button on the machine until your penny dropped , the chap spent most of his time in the public baths next door, as we never had a indoor toilet let alone a bath and neither did most of the people in Yarmouth , when out house was pulled down we moved into a council house that had a indoor toilet and a bath , at the time we thought it was luxuary , which to us it was , as more and more people had baths installed the public one and the toilets finally closed for good , although the building is still there which is next door to the Dukes Head P H and just near the Haven Bribge .:good:

the ones in norwich were dire..........Tombland .....aggghhhhhh......always had to go in with a mate as it was "cottage central".....always had to be careful you didnt get a visitor in your bottom....

the other one was opposite cinema city......there was always people in there moaning.......very unsavoury ....jizz all over the floor uugghhhhhh......i think both are closed for buisness now...

the one off themarket in yarmouth were ok...think it had a turnstile  ...pay to pee.and a resident cock supervisor (council)

Edited by ditchman

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

the ones in norwich were dire..........Tombland .....aggghhhhhh......always had to go in with a mate as it was "cottage central".....always had to be careful you didnt get a visitor in your bottom....

the other one was opposite cinema city......there was always people in there moaning.......very unsavoury ....jizz all over the floor uugghhhhhh......i think both are closed for buisness now...

the one off themarket in yarmouth were ok...think it had a turnstile  ...pay to pee.and a resident cock supervisor (council)

You might not remember the toilet they had outside the Ice House on the Southtown side of the Haven brigde , the chap who kept them clean was a bit of a character , his party trick was feeding the seagulls with bits of waste bread and they would land on his out streched hand and he more or less knew each one by the names he called them . :good:

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

You might not remember the toilet they had outside the Ice House on the Southtown side of the Haven brigde , the chap who kept them clean was a bit of a character , his party trick was feeding the seagulls with bits of waste bread and they would land on his out streched hand and he more or less knew each one by the names he called them . :good:

remember "Ivy's noted cafe"....?