40p for toilet

mossy835

47 minutes ago, mossy835 said:

on holiday at praa sands.went to st ives today, went to go to the toilet and they wanted 40p to go,i walked out.never like it last year.

Try Norfolk stopped at a garage to fill up and get some provisions 

£75 diesel £35 provisions another £8 for coffees oh and some backy just shy of £150 can I use the customer toilet please over there he pointed £1 to use it cash only 🤔

I know everything needs to be paid for but it’s getting a little excessive🙄 

3 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

The whole idea of public toilets is to stop people peeing and pooing all over the place . If they charge that increases .pretty simple equation . 

This.
The Victorians realised it and set about building lots of public toilets, a lot of them are still being used today.

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

Try Norfolk stopped at a garage to fill up and get some provisions 

£75 diesel £35 provisions another £8 for coffees oh and some backy just shy of £150 can I use the customer toilet please over there he pointed £1 to use it cash only 🤔

I know everything needs to be paid for but it’s getting a little excessive🙄 

Why not stop at one of the many supermarkets O F , cheaper fuel , food and use the toilets for free .

We sometimes pop in Waitrose on the way to Cromer, I buy a coffee and ( borrow ) one of the posh magazines like the Field , or Gundogs and relax in the cafeteria while the good lady is spending money as if it grow on trees  , I get a receipt and as I have bought something I am entitled to a free coffee to take away , I have spent under £3 and I dread to think what my wife had spent , but for me to have two coffees and catch up how the other live in The Field  , oh and not forgetting the use of a free loo , now you cannot complain at those prices 😋

In some local places such as Grasmere it’s 50p now if I recall. I once saw a group of about twelve lads all clamber into and over the barrier for 50p! Hilarious! 
In Ambleside they’re free but a 50p voluntary donation is asked for. 
I don’t resent the fee at all, I’m just surprised there’s a charge for this from what must be one of the wealthiest councils in the land. 

Everything is in a bad way. The council at Camber sands whopped car parking up to £30 !!!!.  It was on TV the other day that the local businesses are all up in arms about it because no one is coming there anymore.  They say that they are all being forced out of business.   The upshot of this is like the high streets are like ghost towns.  ANYWAY  its a case of here I sit broken hearted, I  spent a penny........

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Why not stop at one of the many supermarkets O F , cheaper fuel , food and use the toilets for free .

We sometimes pop in Waitrose on the way to Cromer, I buy a coffee and ( borrow ) one of the posh magazines like the Field , or Gundogs and relax in the cafeteria while the good lady is spending money as if it grow on trees  , I get a receipt and as I have bought something I am entitled to a free coffee to take away , I have spent under £3 and I dread to think what my wife had spent , but for me to have two coffees and catch up how the other live in The Field  , oh and not forgetting the use of a free loo , now you cannot complain at those prices 😋

Just passing through to pick up a boat so didn’t know where the supermarkets were mate 

wasn’t complaining about the price just thought it was a little mean of them as I’d just spent a few quid 

then I remembered that I was in Norfolk and you old boys need some extra cash for the pigeon shooting cartridges 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Just passing through to pick up a boat so didn’t know where the supermarkets were mate 

wasn’t complaining about the price just thought it was a little mean of them as I’d just spent a few quid 

then I remembered that I was in Norfolk and you old boys need some extra cash for the pigeon shooting cartridges 😂😂😂

You done very well to find your way out O F , anyone with a few bob in the pockets we try and keep them in the county as long as possible by turning the signs around , they have been turned around that many times that even we don't know how to get out and we have got next to nothing in the sky rockets :lol:

4 minutes ago, Pushandpull said:

Never yet been charged for a field gateway nor yet behind a hedge anywhere in Norfolk.

Another reason why the crops on the marshes look so well , Organic waste they call it .:good:

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

so thats what i trod on.............thought it was a dead otter

It most proberly was a dead Otter in the Sangringham area , unless Charlie boi was caught short .:good:

12 hours ago, marsh man said:

You done very well to find your way out O F , anyone with a few bob in the pockets we try and keep them in the county as long as possible by turning the signs around , they have been turned around that many times that even we don't know how to get out and we have got next to nothing in the sky rockets :lol:

Another reason why the crops on the marshes look so well , Organic waste they call it .:good:

It most proberly was a dead Otter in the Sangringham area , unless Charlie boi was caught short .:good:

I found my way out eventually obviously no money left in my pocket 😂

I asked a local at a fork in the road  does it matter what way I go to get to get to luddon bridge 

he replied 

not to me it doesn’t 🙄🤔

14 hours ago, marsh man said:

Hello, I'm a fan of Waitrose free coffee , latte mmmmmmm