FAVOURITE HALLOWEEN FILM!

7daysinaweek

With Halloween just around the corner the tv is going to be crammed with some festive horrors.

I love a good horror, especially with some humor in it and growing up in the 70's onwards there were always plenty to watch, some great, some not too bad and some bloody awful. :lol: My favourites as follows:

NIGHT OF THE DEMON (black and white)

DR PHIBES

ALL THE HAMMER HOUSE OF HORRORS

DON'T LOOK NOW

THE SHINING

THE CREEPSHOW

So what are your favourites???

4 hours ago, Wymondley said:

I love a good horror (you should see my ex wife).

American werewolf in London.

The wicker man.

Dog soldiers.

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992 film).

Any Hammer/70s horror.

Great post, there must be loads more, I'll have a think.

:lol:

Two more which I had forgotten about which are absolute classics.

American werewolf was cutting edge cinematoghraphy for it's time. The sequel was bit naff though.

Gary Oldman and Anthony Hopkins played great roles in Dracular as did Richard E Grant.

Good thread! 
The Autopsy of Jane Doe is a pretty recent good creepy. 
I am amazed now at how scared I was while watching the old Hammer films as a kid in the ‘70’s, but at the time no one did it better. 
Psycho still remains a favourite and the special effects in An American Werewolf in London just blew me away at the time. 
The Exorcist was about the scariest I saw as a kid; seriously scary stuff which unleashed a plethora of ‘possessed’ movies. The Sentinel was pretty good.
There was a spate of slash/gore movies around in the late ‘70’s early ‘80’s which I just loved….I Spit on Your Grave, The Hills Have Eyes, Vamp, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween and The Evil Dead. Great stuff! 
Sixth Sense is up there, as is Bram Stokers Dracula. 

A couple that freaked me out as a kid, Night of the demon that one gave me nightmares.

The man with X ray eyes starring Ray milland, great ending, "If thine eyes offend thee, pluck them out!".

The Ninth Gate

Razorback, Aussie schlock horror about a gigantic man eating pig, Thoroughly recomended!

Plenty you guys have posted up that I had totally forgot about and have seen several times.

I can say I would have to agree with Scully that watching the exorcist at about age 13 (on a pirate videotape) was the scariest thing I had ever experienced. Truthfully for weeks I would be terrified going to bed. It still gives me 'the willies'. 😬

Ahh the evil dead now there's a memory and the sixth sense was superb. Bruce Willis's somewhat earthly predicament caught me out of the blue. As said, all great stuff.

I watched Hellraiser the other week after switching the tv over and the original was on. Old Pinhead himself, still as gory as ever but still a classic!

The man with the xray eyes, have not seen it for years what a blast from the past.

Another gooden ' The Dead Zone' with Christopher Walken and who can forget 'The Fog' with the clanking chains.

@amateur Found it! 

Looks like my type of film.

A classic. :lol:

I am not in any way religious but The Exorcist scares the daylights out of me for some reason. Is it the fear of the unknown? I don't know but last week I was wating for the washing machine to finish so I could hang up school shirts fir the next morning and the Exorcist was on TV. Not a chance I would watch it. Just flicked through it and saw a glimpse of the old priest arriving at the house in a swirl of mist. It was enough to bring me back to my youth when I first saw it.

Love IT and most Stephen King adaptations. Remember watching Hammer Horror movies as a kid but the special effects are now pretty laughable. Still worth a watch.

20282713_9_600_600.jpg

The Excorcist is really unnerving, it terrified me as a kid when I saw it and still gives me the creeps now.

The pea soup vomit and spinning heads are silly these days but it’s the less obvious bits that still get me. The weird start in the Middle East with the disorientating music, Arabic call to prayer and the flashes of dogs fighting in the desert. The split-second flashes of the devil with no context throughout the movie leaving you wondering if you had imagined it. The young priest’s mother in the asylum. The ice-cold bedroom and vulnerable little girl. And of course Tubular Bells - that and the Jaws theme are so powerful they get an instant reaction as soon as I hear them.

Another I’ve just remembered which blew me away at the time was The Blair Witch Project. The internet had just become popular and they released this film with loads of fake “local news” websites which told the backstory of the Blair Witch legend. It was early days for search engines and so researching the Blair Witch inevitably landed you on a blog or community site which was completely fake but told of the rumours of witchcraft and the disappearance of some young people. The marketing was so innovative I remember going into the cinema thinking it actually was a true story. The way the movie was produced was again so different and visceral it felt like I was watching a snuff movie showing the actual final moments of the people in it.

I remember being very scared watching it despite being in the middle of a packed cinema.